Most useless coach of the season?

vvvslaxman

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Indian core to hai lekin maha inconsistent , in that case u need someone who is atleast consistent or can hold one end to keep them in games

You need good current International Indian players not just any half decent domestic players. Best RR have is Samson and no one else. 

Look at the most successful teams right now, 

MI- Rohit, Bumrah, Pandyas, SKY, Kishan

CSK- Jadeja, Thakur, Chahar, Dhoni (GOAT Indian captain) 

DC- Pant, Iyer, Axar, Ashwin, Dhawan, Shaw

Even a badly managed team like Punjab have Rahul, Shami and Mayank. 

RR have foolishly put all their eggs in the English basket (Stokes, Archer, Butler). Good players but overrated in Asia and not even committed to IPL. 

19 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

Punter is why DC has done this well.

Poor batting lineup overall.

Still cant believe Pant's decision against CSK.

IPL losing move if there was one.

So wait so anytime team loses.its pant fault but othetwise doing well and topping table is because of ponting?

P.S. .the same Rabada was being thrashed for 21 and 15 per over at death by nobodies in previous matches. So pretty sure it was something decided beforehand by management 

Edited by New guy

1 minute ago, New guy said:

So wait so anytime team loses.its pant fault but othetwise doing well and topping table is because of ponting?

P.S. .the same Rabada was being thrashed for 21 and 15 per over at death by nobodies in previous matches. So pretty sure it was something decided beforehand by management 

Ofcourse it's Pants' fault.

Do you think people even understand what Ponting is saying.

I've never been able to understand his accent...

1 hour ago, New guy said:

I didn't even say that.

You seem to get hyper upset whenever Pant is criticized.

Pant made a major error.

Doesn't mean he can't improve.

So pretty sure it was something decided beforehand by management 

Nope.

“I haven’t had the chance to ask the captain that yet. Obviously, those calls are made on the field, and Tom, I think he bowled his first three overs for 16, he bowled really really well, done a good job. So that's down to the gut feeling of the captain out in the middle at the time, and Rishabh obviously thought that Tom was the right man to bowl the last over on the back of how well he already bowled in the game.”

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/ricky-ponting-slammed-on-twitter-for-blaming-rishabh-pant-for-last-over-against-csk-4310897.html

https://www.republicworld.com/sports-news/cricket-news/dc-vs-csk-will-have-a-chat-ponting-on-pant-bowling-curran-ahead-of-rabada-in-last-over.html

Edited by sensible-indian

Even leaving aside that Rabada decision, I felt Pant's captaincy in the final few games were pretty ordinary.

Against KKR, I wouldn't blame him. He did well to drag it out as much as possible.

But against CSK and RCB, the captaincy left a lot to be desired.

Edited by sensible-indian

8 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Even leaving aside that Rabada decision, I felt Pant's captaincy in the final few games were pretty ordinary.

Against KKR, I wouldn't blame him. He did well to drag it out as much as possible.

But against CSK and RCB, the captaincy left a lot to be desired.

Considering how rabada went for way more run every single match at death, it was the right decision

12 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

I didn't even say that.

You seem to get hyper upset whenever Pant is criticized.

Pant made a major error.

Doesn't mean he can't improve.

Nope.

“I haven’t had the chance to ask the captain that yet. Obviously, those calls are made on the field, and Tom, I think he bowled his first three overs for 16, he bowled really really well, done a good job. So that's down to the gut feeling of the captain out in the middle at the time, and Rishabh obviously thought that Tom was the right man to bowl the last over on the back of how well he already bowled in the game.”

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/ricky-ponting-slammed-on-twitter-for-blaming-rishabh-pant-for-last-over-against-csk-4310897.html

https://www.republicworld.com/sports-news/cricket-news/dc-vs-csk-will-have-a-chat-ponting-on-pant-bowling-curran-ahead-of-rabada-in-last-over.html

You literally said Punter is why DC has done well

1 minute ago, New guy said:

Considering how rabada went for way more run every single match at death, it was the right decision

If there were better options, I agree.

1. But Rabada was the most experienced.

2. He could hit the hard lengths which Dhoni and CSK normally struggle with.

I would have bowled Rabada and Tom myself.

Avesh was too risky.

But with 13 runs to defend (I think), Rabada anyday over Tom.

Case in point: Malinga's 2019 performance. Got thrashed. But was trusted to bowl the all important last over and he won it for Mumbai.

There is no guarantee for success but the odds are just higher.

43 minutes ago, New guy said:

Dhoni could not pick 2 slow balls from Avesh khan. Tom curran was bamboozling everyone with slower ones until that point. Even in the final over he got rid of Moeen Ali. There is no telling Moeen won't whack Rabada out of the stadium. We just assume Dhoni will face Rabada.