Any Kohli Fans still here

1 hour ago, chewy said:

Satisfied with India knocked out in this embarassing way - only sad to see a multi-generational white wash record lost against Pakistan. 

Was a pathetic squad chosen based on reputation and celeb status and not on merit.

But on Kohli - never hated an India player but detest this s cu m  bag. A classified retard like his brethren across the border and Pakistani lover.

A hypocrite in his personal life and not single ounce of leaderahip quality in him.

It is incredible with such a great team he has not won anything of note in international cricket or IPL.

Even India's greatest Test series win came under much vilified Rahane without Kohli in the team.

Kohli and Rohit Sharma "the" most overhyped and overated cricketers in Indian history - pair of bottlers.

amen!

I’m a fan of the batsman still while realising he is in a hell of a slump.  I also appreciate his approach to life beyond cricket - what some people here dismiss as ‘wokeism’.  

But as a captain Kohli is way past his sell by date.  Forget captainship he needs  to  fight to establish his earlier dominant position, if not place, in the team. 

I don’t particularly blame his PR machinery -  it exists for every prominent individual from sports person to national politician. Some years ago we were saying the same for SRT.  No doubt we will say the same again for the next Indian cricket superstar. 

What I disdain are idiot fans out there who believe that he is sone kind of untouchable.  In that respect most of ICF has been ahead of the curve in identifying his flaws early.

51 minutes ago, First class said:

And, Misbah is well respected in India , only in India . 

because misbah always performs well vs india. thats why. he is also classy unlike others. 

kohli is respected post 2016 as he became bollywoodized. he got to be chummy with pakistanis 

wont happen in the future i am sure. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

because misbah always performs well vs india. thats why. he is also classy unlike others. 

kohli is respected post 2016 as he became bollywoodized. he got to be chummy with pakistanis 

wont happen in the future i am sure. 

Due to Misbah , Pakistan lost 2011 WC , SF, he hated Afridi and did not want Afridi to become hero leading Pakistan to win over India. Since then he is not well liked in Pakistan . 

8 minutes ago, First class said:

Due to Misbah , Pakistan lost 2011 WC , SF, he hated Afridi and did not want Afridi to become hero leading Pakistan to win over India. Since then he is not well liked in Pakistan . 

afridi is terrible though. his record vs india is no good. 

7 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

I think he should be done with captaincy in all formats. Not because he has done a bad job. But just because he has done it for 6-7 years and it is time for new ideas. As a batsman he should definitely be around for tests and Odis. Thinking, he should be out of t20s at this time because by t20 standards he takes a while to settle in, and he doesn’t have the big shots to recover later. By the way, I don’t subscribe to the theory that he had this “great” team that should have won everything in sight. A batting order of Rohit, Kohli, Pujara, Rahane in tests does not compare to Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman. Spin wise a Kumble, Harbhajan combo compares favorably to Ashwin plus anybody. So really, the only spot where Kohli’s teams have had an advantage over past eras are the fast bowlers- and Kohli has supported fast bowling. The most recent example of that is his stubborn decision to stay with 4 quicks plus Jadeja, while leaving a great spinner in Ashwin out of the eleven. Also, Kohli’s teams have  been too specialized over previous eras. A Sehwag, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Yuvraj could bowl a bit. Our current batsmen don’t bowl at all. Similarly, bowlers from the prior era e.g. Kumble, Harbhajan, Zaheer could hang around with the bat, whereas are 9, 10, 11s are true tailenders. So, overall, I don’t think this team has these all time greats that would have accomplished different things under a different leader. It is a good team with its own limitations. And that is sort of reflected in their record- a very decent overall win loss ratio but just not enough to win the big time events. Also, I don’t think ICC events are everything. They are important, but what occurs in between these events is important too. This team has achieved a lot in tests and other bilaterals, and as a result it has won a lot more than it has lost. I think that has value. Lastly, on the personality front, I don’t really care if Kohli or any one else for that matter is friendly with players outside the game, as long as he is switched on during the game. On that score, I have no complaints with either Kohli or any one else in this team. I never sensed a lack of effort. And in Kohli’s case, especially when he was in good form in 2016-18, he was the guy that oppositions really targeted because they felt they would get a real edge if they got him out cheaply. I thought he absorbed the pressure well. Now, of course, he is going thru one of those lean patches and the question is whether he can work his way out of that. My instinct tells me that he still has something to offer in the odi and test formats. T20, we really need a change in approach, where we get batsmen who don’t need a lot of time to get their eye in and can score quickly. I am not sure if that matches up with Kohli’s approach to batting.

It is more than a lean patch. He was NOT unlucky. His timing and fluency are gone.  If he plays as a batsman, he will be dropped as soon as the sympathy runs out.

The second worst Loi captain we ever had after the fake god but obviously he still has many fans. 

An ATG Odi Batsman, Goat T20 batsman and an ATG test cricketer along with being the GOAT asian test captain that's one hell of a resume. 

Also a world cup winner and a Ct winner along with high scoring in the finals and there's still some gas left in the tank. 

Just hoping that he leaves loi captaincy and focuses on his batting and yet again top the rankings in all three formats. 

Fans these days are poisonous, there's not even a single Indian cricketer who doesn't have haters, for example Dhoni won us three trophies still we have an army of posters here who hate him, Sachin haters are everywhere, Rohit Sharma - ok he is not significant enough but still has some haters. 

Kl Rahul again not a big name but stil has haters so no need to go by the word of these do kaudi ke haters, Kohli is mentioned amongst top batsman and cricketers on almost all drafts across forums, don't care about these mental patients and people suffering from tall poppy syndrome. 

Edited by Adamant
8 minutes ago, Adamant said:

The second worst Loi captain we ever had after the fake god but obviously he still has many fans. 

An ATG Odi Batsman, Goat T20 batsman and an ATG test cricketer along with being the GOAT asian test captain that's one hell of a resume

Also a world cup winner and a Ct winner along with high scoring in the finals and there's still some gas left in the tank. 

Just hoping that he leaves loi captaincy and focuses on his batting and yet again top the rankings in all three formats. 

Fans these days are poisonous, there's not even a single Indian cricketer who doesn't have haters, for example Dhoni won us three trophies still we have an army of posters here who hate him, Sachin haters are everywhere, Rohit Sharma - ok he is not significant enough but still has some haters. 

Kl Rahul again not a big name but stil has haters so no need to go by the word of these do kaudi ke haters, Kohli is mentioned amongst top batsman and cricketers on almost all drafts across forums, don't care about these mental patients and people suffering from tall poppy syndrome. 

And a GOAT image manager, GOAT PR Maintainer, GOAT insta-celebrity  and an ATG power broker.  

Hope you come out of the spell and see the reality mate.