Any Kohli Fans still here

Firstly let me offer you refuge and safe space in this thread. It’s cold out there. Here you can express your opinions in support of the king. 

It’s a cruel world out there for Kohli and his fans. But I believe that if most folks believe that this guy is the panauti, then I want to hear your side of the story. Why do you think he is being unfairly blamed. What is your case for keeping him as ODI captain ?

Edited by ravishingravi
3 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Firstly let me offer you refuge and safe space in this thread. It’s cold out there. Here you can express your opinions in support of the king. 

It’s a cruel world out there for Kohli and his fans. But I believe that if most folks believe that this guy is the panauti, then I want to hear your side of the story. Why do you think he is being unfairly blamed. What is your case for keeping him as ODI captain ?

Ye jaroor pichley janam me freedom fighters ki mukhbiri kiya hoga.

15 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Kohli has two types of supporters

1.  The PR Brigade.
  2.  People who are living in fantasy

I do not mind a rude kick on the balls for first category. And i hope the second category see the evidence on the ground. 

35 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

Kohli has two types of supporters

1.  The PR Brigade.
  2.  People who are living in fantasy

I do not mind a rude kick on the balls for first category. And i hope the second category see the evidence on the ground. 

Must say PR brigade is pretty real. I mean tendulkar changed the game on branding, sponsorship and advertising. This guy is next level on social media. 

Satisfied with India knocked out in this embarassing way - only sad to see a multi-generational white wash record lost against Pakistan. 

Was a pathetic squad chosen based on reputation and celeb status and not on merit.

But on Kohli - never hated an India player but detest this s cu m  bag. A classified retard like his brethren across the border and Pakistani lover.

A hypocrite in his personal life and not single ounce of leaderahip quality in him.

It is incredible with such a great team he has not won anything of note in international cricket or IPL.

Even India's greatest Test series win came under much vilified Rahane without Kohli in the team.

Kohli and Rohit Sharma "the" most overhyped and overated cricketers in Indian history - pair of bottlers.

18 minutes ago, First class said:

A failure as captain but one of the modern great as batsman , still has 4-5 years as top notch batsman in all format including T20. 

What are you basing this claim of -4 to 5 years on? He is a shadow of the dominating batsman he once was

I think he should be done with captaincy in all formats. Not because he has done a bad job. But just because he has done it for 6-7 years and it is time for new ideas. As a batsman he should definitely be around for tests and Odis. Thinking, he should be out of t20s at this time because by t20 standards he takes a while to settle in, and he doesn’t have the big shots to recover later. By the way, I don’t subscribe to the theory that he had this “great” team that should have won everything in sight. A batting order of Rohit, Kohli, Pujara, Rahane in tests does not compare to Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman. Spin wise a Kumble, Harbhajan combo compares favorably to Ashwin plus anybody. So really, the only spot where Kohli’s teams have had an advantage over past eras are the fast bowlers- and Kohli has supported fast bowling. The most recent example of that is his stubborn decision to stay with 4 quicks plus Jadeja, while leaving a great spinner in Ashwin out of the eleven. Also, Kohli’s teams have  been too specialized over previous eras. A Sehwag, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Yuvraj could bowl a bit. Our current batsmen don’t bowl at all. Similarly, bowlers from the prior era e.g. Kumble, Harbhajan, Zaheer could hang around with the bat, whereas are 9, 10, 11s are true tailenders. So, overall, I don’t think this team has these all time greats that would have accomplished different things under a different leader. It is a good team with its own limitations. And that is sort of reflected in their record- a very decent overall win loss ratio but just not enough to win the big time events. Also, I don’t think ICC events are everything. They are important, but what occurs in between these events is important too. This team has achieved a lot in tests and other bilaterals, and as a result it has won a lot more than it has lost. I think that has value. Lastly, on the personality front, I don’t really care if Kohli or any one else for that matter is friendly with players outside the game, as long as he is switched on during the game. On that score, I have no complaints with either Kohli or any one else in this team. I never sensed a lack of effort. And in Kohli’s case, especially when he was in good form in 2016-18, he was the guy that oppositions really targeted because they felt they would get a real edge if they got him out cheaply. I thought he absorbed the pressure well. Now, of course, he is going thru one of those lean patches and the question is whether he can work his way out of that. My instinct tells me that he still has something to offer in the odi and test formats. T20, we really need a change in approach, where we get batsmen who don’t need a lot of time to get their eye in and can score quickly. I am not sure if that matches up with Kohli’s approach to batting.