Chennai School Divides Classes into Batches Based on Caste to Follow 'COVID Protocol', to Face Action

Trichromatic

Alower primary school in Chennai has divided students into three batches to follow Covid-19 protocols allegedly on the basis of their caste. The Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC) has taken action against the school and directed the management to discontinue the practice immediately.

https://www.news18.com/news/education-career/chennai-school-divides-classes-into-batches-based-on-caste-to-follow-covid-protocol-to-face-action-4413770.html

Chennai schools definitely needs investigation. I studied in a catholic school and a Hindu school. Both were garbage. In the catholic school, students were forced to sing carols everyday. Hindu schools went one step further, we had a "sloka" period with a teacher, and we had to pass a test. Both had no respect for students from other religions.  School is not the place to infuse religion. 

33 minutes ago, ash said:

Chennai schools definitely needs investigation. I studied in a catholic school and a Hindu school. Both were garbage. In the catholic school, students were forced to sing carols everyday. Hindu schools went one step further, we had a "sloka" period with a teacher, and we had to pass a test. Both had no respect for students from other religions.  School is not the place to infuse religion. 

What do you mean by Hindu school?

What is sloka period? What did they teach there?

34 minutes ago, ash said:

I know you made that up to balance and find an equivalence. Unless you attended a Ved patashala or Gurukul the only slokas they teach is saraswati prayer which is a tradition to honor education,knowledge and the teachers. It doesn’t contain stuff like praise be to the lord and savior etc. Right wing Hindu extremism might be a problem but half brainerd Hindus ashamed of their own culture are the biggest menace.

36 minutes ago, ash said:

I went to a normal Pakistani school. We had daily morning assembly where Quran and Naat (poem praising Muhammad) and then Pakistan National Anthem was sung. Then we had "Islamiaat" as a subject till F.SC. (12th class) and we had to pass a test and achieve good numbers in it.

But changes tool place under the government of Imran Khan. Now it is like this:

• Morning assembly with Quran/Naat/National Anthem is the same. 
  • Subject of "Islamiaat" is also the same. 
  • But Islam is no more limited to the subject of "Islamiaat" only, but now it has been injected in all possible subjects. 
    Islam has also been taught in the subjects of "Pakistan Studies" and "History" also. 
    Islam has also been taught in the subject of "Science" too, where initial whole chapters are about Muslim scientists and how bad would be the science today without them. 
    Islam has also been taught even in the Chapter about "Scientific Evolution" in the science book. There Science teachers tell the Muslim students how scientists made a mistake in name of Evolution, and how Allah corrected them in Quran that Humans didn't evolve but they came directly from the progeny of Adam, who was ultimately sent from the heavens.lear
  • Government of Imran Khan has now introduced few more Islamic subjects too. They are (1) Quran Reading  (2) Quran Translation (3) Fiqh/Sharia laws and learning Quran/Hadith (4) Islamiaat
    Now there are 4 Islamic subjects, and all school/college/university students have 4 periods of these 2 subjects every week. 

Religion has become a fashion now. Politicians are in race with each other in introducing Islamic practices more and more in order to get more popularity. 

Not only Politicians, but even the Media Fashion personalities/Actresses are also competing with each other in order to show that they are more religious. 

3 hours ago, ash said:

What is a Hindu school ? Can anyone enlighten me on this ? I have heard of missionary school or madrassa. 

2 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

I went to a normal Pakistani school. We had daily morning assembly where Quran and Naat (poem praising Muhammad) and then Pakistan National Anthem was sung. Then we had "Islamiaat" as a subject till F.SC. (12th class) and we had to pass a test and achieve good numbers in it.

But changes tool place under the government of Imran Khan. Now it is like this:

• Morning assembly with Quran/Naat/National Anthem is the same. 
  • Subject of "Islamiaat" is also the same. 
  • But Islam is no more limited to the subject of "Islamiaat" only, but now it has been injected in all possible subjects. 
    Islam has also been taught in the subjects of "Pakistan Studies" and "History" also. 
    Islam has also been taught in the subject of "Science" too, where initial whole chapters are about Muslim scientists and how bad would be the science today without them. 
    Islam has also been taught even in the Chapter about "Scientific Evolution" in the science book. There Science teachers tell the Muslim students how scientists made a mistake in name of Evolution, and how Allah corrected them in Quran that Humans didn't evolve but they came directly from the progeny of Adam, who was ultimately sent from the heavens.lear
  • Government of Imran Khan has now introduced few more Islamic subjects too. They are (1) Quran Reading  (2) Quran Translation (3) Fiqh/Sharia laws and learning Quran/Hadith (4) Islamiaat
    Now there are 4 Islamic subjects, and all school/college/university students have 4 periods of these 2 subjects every week. 

Religion has become a fashion now. Politicians are in race with each other in introducing Islamic practices more and more in order to get more popularity. 

Not only Politicians, but even the Media Fashion personalities/Actresses are also competing with each other in order to show that they are more religious. 

You are right about everything except govt of Imrân Khan. And I am guessing he has seemed it now. 

3 hours ago, maniac said:

I know you made that up to balance and find an equivalence. Unless you attended a Ved patashala or Gurukul the only slokas they teach is saraswati prayer which is a tradition to honor education,knowledge and the teachers. It doesn’t contain stuff like praise be to the lord and savior etc. Right wing Hindu extremism might be a problem but half brainerd Hindus ashamed of their own culture are the biggest menace.

Lol okay, so Muslims and Christians studying in the school should also recite the pooja eh ? Nice. 

16 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

The issue is sorted out and the attendance register is corrected. It seems to have been unintentional as per an oral investigation," Deputy Commissioner of Greater Chennai Corporation D Sneha said in a statement. The attendance is now maintained in an alphabetical manner, the commissioner said adding that the Assistant Education Officers have been directed to check the attendance registers of all the schools under GCC”

So what is the issue to open a thread in this slow news day?

5 hours ago, ash said:

What is the name of the “Hindu” school you went?  Hope it is not like the tchat with taxi driver to report ground reality! I have never come across any “Hindu” school in any part of India to have a test on Slokas.  Let alone in TN, with its so-called progressive or rational politics since EVR, to have “Hindu” scholl with test on slokas.  Please be honest.

In 80s i went to a school , in a very remote area, run by board members who were all RSS. I have no idea where in the world they teach shlokas and pujas but where I went, there was morning national anthem and then they put you in a torture chamber where they would teach $hit out of everyone until they collapse. LOL 

Jokes apart, it was a very strict school, full focus on studies only. We had Urdu medium also and 2 classes of Urdu students used to run.

Unless you take music class, which is sometimes goes classical where occasional semi classical bhajan would come up as a part of music learning. Many of my friends were from Non-BJP background, kids from strong congress families. We were all together and not once We felt that it was too RW. I am so glad I didnt go to Convent school or to any $ucking libtard school. My entire learning was done in my mother tongue. 30+% of the kids spoke in Hindi outside the class. 

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

you went from “I attended “ to “ there are many schools” ? Pick one

I studied in Devi Academy. You can research more about it, or hire a private detective to confirm :laugh:

What's funny is everyone here believes the catholic school prayer routine but not the Hindu school ones. Do you guys think there are no Prayers in Hindu schools? Saraswati Pooja is not a prayer eh? 

31 minutes ago, ash said:

I studied in Devi Academy. You can research more about it, or hire a private detective to confirm :laugh:

What's funny is everyone here believes the catholic school prayer routine but not the Hindu school ones. Do you guys think there are no Prayers in Hindu schools? Saraswati Pooja is not a prayer eh? 

Thanks, Will take your word for it. The reason I doubt the veracity of your story is mainly how strict IPC is for education matters. Articles in constitution allows schools for minorities, but majority cannot run schools without the secular code. 

When Ramakrishna mission tried to run schools with Hindu thought, Kolkatan commies went in arms with articles of constitution to take control of syllabus. RKM then declared themselves as non-Hindu faith to get the code to work. Same with ISCKON RSS runs Rashtrothana schools with very strict adherence to secular education and RTE. Any complaints of forcing Hindu education will get the schools closed. Yoga and prayers are made optional Other religion kids are not forced to do it.

I am not sure how Devi academy can run its forceful test of Slokas , any complaints would have been detrimental unless Devi academy proclaimed they are non-Hindu like RKM or registered as a minority school in language (Tamil) , there are some schools in Karnataka which can claim Tulu or Konkani schools. 

In madarasas schools run on government aid, teachings of Quran is compulsory. They teach about anything that adheres to Sharia,  right from  kalma to kaffirs Other religion kids have to adhere and there is no RTE act imposed on madrasas like on RSS or “Hindu” schools. Saraswati is the Goddess of education. a mere spiritual reverence to knowledge than a dogma like Allah or Jesus. You are welcome to believe or not believe  A Saraswati prayer in schools is less harmful than carols or Hadith recitals. I oppose any forceful prayers in schools anyway

Edited by coffee_rules

5 hours ago, Texy said:

Can someone explain to these idiots that CORONA does NOT discriminate by caste they only discriminate by idiots like whichever babu made this decision, Corona has already found his lungi . Everyone is equally f**d

Arrey poori kahani pado, don’t just read cluck-bait headlines and react.

Edited by coffee_rules