Shaheen afridi is the most exciting white ball fast bowler in the world.

the don

9 minutes ago, Try_Ball said:

Oh really, love to hear your explanation of why I would hype Pakistani players? 

If you're insecurity doesnt let you appreciate skills then that's your fragile self identity. 

When pandya was batting against Afridi - 1 wide, 5  byes and a no ball = that's 7 runs not scored off the bat. 

Out of the 10 runs, a good yorker from afridi nearly took out Pandya and he barely got the bat down to defend and it edged to the boundary. 

Rauf bowled lst over and they took 7 runs off thst which was even worse. 2 runs off 3 balls from pandya. 

The over eagerness is evident. End of the day Afridi conceded 17 runs.

And I see how nicely you have suddenly got Harris Rauf into the discussion. 

Just now, ShoonyaSifar said:

The over eagerness is evident. End of the day Afridi conceded 17 runs.

And I see how nicely you have suddenly got Harris Rauf into the discussion. 

you still didn't explain why though ?

It isn't about how many runs Afridi conceded.  Due to wides/no balls/over throws - It wouldn't have mattered even if he gave away 27 runs.   The guy is a stellar bowler and a good talent.

Ofcourse - Indian poor batting is quite apparent in the death overs and I made a point in a different threat of how poorly India played against Rauf .  Still doesn't take anything away from Afridi's calibre though

6 hours ago, the don said:

Forget how it ended today. Just how bloody good is this guy in white ball cricket. Absolute superstar, every pundit is in awe of his skills. 

Quicker than Starc now too as he fills up. Gun bowler and great to watch. 

Quicker or not,it is secondary. The guy you are comparing him with literally won his team 50 over wc in batting friendly conditions and wc which was dominated by batsmen and was man of the tournament. Shaheen although brilliant bowler,has long way to go before he gets compared with Starc. 

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I can understand your excitement to hype Pakistani players but did you even watch that match? Pant did not face Afridi at all and when Pandya batted vs him in the 19th over, Afridi went for 17 runs! 

Yes pandya played some great shots to get those 17 runs. 

Dude literally knocked india out of the worldcup. 

34 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Quicker or not,it is secondary. The guy you are comparing him with literally won his team 50 over wc in batting friendly conditions and wc which was dominated by batsmen and was man of the tournament. Shaheen although brilliant bowler,has long way to go before he gets compared with Starc. 

I never said he is better. 

Just bloody good. Most exciting for me atm. 

18 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Shaheen is just a good new ball bowler. No skill set with old ball. Reason why he averages so poorly in test cricket in NZ, Aus and Eng.

Iirc, He was third or 4th among angle of deviation due to swing in this tournament. Which is very impressive but then if you put IPL in perspective, Starc who didn’t play IPL, his figures in this tournament were miles ahead in swing, degree compared to any other bowler.

Edited by mishra
5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

In the last 2 years he has bowled highest number of overs across formats. More than any bowler in the world. 696 overs.  Southee 619 overs. Anderson 568 Bumrah 545

If Anderson who generally plays test matches only have bowled 568 overs then he is definitely not overbowling. You get injuries when you play competetive matches.  I have never seen him bowl as threatening as this tournament where he bowled 12 competetive overs.

Watch him next series to believe me.

7 hours ago, Try_Ball said:

That was the only good shot against him. But overall Afridi was allowed to be all over India.  Even in his last over - Pant/ Pandya whoever these so called Indian sloggers and match winners couldnt even put bat on ball in the end.  

How dare you!

Pandya scored 17 off Shaheens' second last over. I am quite sure he hit three of four boundaries in that over. 

With one or two of them being huge sixes.