Shaheen afridi is the most exciting white ball fast bowler in the world.

the don

Afridi is definitely a top class bowler.  Love watching his few overs but as Wade showed today and from what I've heard even in PSL he goes for a lot of runs.

I think it all comes down to how you apply yourself to play him.  The way Wade counter attacked him and hit those sixes just shows if you have a plan in mind Afridi can go for a lot of runs -  India played him very poorly 

4 minutes ago, Try_Ball said:

Afridi is definitely a top class bowler.  Love watching his few overs but as Wade showed today and from what I've heard even in PSL he goes for a lot of runs.

I think it all comes down to how you apply yourself to play him.  The way Wade counter attacked him and hit those sixes just shows if you have a plan in mind Afridi can go for a lot of runs -  India played him very poorly 

Giving credit where it's due. he picked Rohit off the first ball when any batsman is vulnerable. Got KL off a peach.

Kohli's dismissal though was poor execution.

18 minutes ago, Finer said:

We missed Muhammad Amir too. Two left arm fast bowlers: deadly combination. Would have replaced Hassan Ali who was weak link throughout the tournament and even dropped the match today. :facepalm:

Dhahani will come in

Dhahani 

Shaheen

Rauf

Shadab

Good for t20. Not good enough for odi though. 

7 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Giving credit where it's due. he picked Rohit off the first ball when any batsman is vulnerable. Got KL off a peach.

Kohli's dismissal though was poor execution.

Issue isn't him getting wickets.

Problem is that no one attacked him or played him with any plan.

No one in the Indian Team plays a good scoop shot and you cannot always play traditional shots against a good bowler because the field setting can often take you out. 

When batting against Bowlers like Afridi - you need to continue attacking even if you lose wickets at times

3 minutes ago, Try_Ball said:

Issue isn't him getting wickets.

Problem is that no one attacked him or played him with any plan.

No one in the Indian Team plays a good scoop shot and you cannot always play traditional shots against a good bowler because the field setting can often take you out. 

When batting against Bowlers like Afridi - you need to continue attacking even if you lose wickets at times

Kohli did step down and whacked him for six. India's problem vs left armers are only at the start. Once they get the hang of the conditions and survive they will play with ease.

15 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kohli did step down and whacked him for six. India's problem vs left armers are only at the start. Once they get the hang of the conditions and survive they will play with ease.

That was the only good shot against him. But overall Afridi was allowed to be all over India.  Even in his last over - Pant/ Pandya whoever these so called Indian sloggers and match winners couldnt even put bat on ball in the end.  Compare how Wade played vs Afridi compared to how Pant/Pandya  played him and that's the difference. 

Had Pant and Pandya scored 3-4 sixes off Afridi in his 4th over - India could have reached possibly 170 odd 

Edited by Try_Ball

Definitely very good but I have been really disappointed with his death bowling, not only yesterday but also in some of the minnow games. There may be two reasons either he is not good to react when attacked or he runs out of steam. If it's the latter he might remain just a T20 bowler, so need to up his game to be exciting in all formats.

Also, Pakistan should limit his participation in different leagues, otherwise he will anyway run out of gas.

3 hours ago, the don said:

Forget how it ended today. Just how bloody good is this guy in white ball cricket. Absolute superstar, every pundit is in awe of his skills. 

Quicker than Starc now too as he fills up. Gun bowler and great to watch. 

All it takes is a couple of tonty tonty wins for this guy to resume his 'shtick'.  Watch him disappear for another multi-year exile down his hideyhole when the usual beatdowns start coming.

3 hours ago, Try_Ball said:

That was the only good shot against him. But overall Afridi was allowed to be all over India.  Even in his last over - Pant/ Pandya whoever these so called Indian sloggers and match winners couldnt even put bat on ball in the end.  Compare how Wade played vs Afridi compared to how Pant/Pandya  played him and that's the difference. 

Had Pant and Pandya scored 3-4 sixes off Afridi in his 4th over - India could have reached possibly 170 odd 

I can understand your excitement to hype Pakistani players but did you even watch that match? Pant did not face Afridi at all and when Pandya batted vs him in the 19th over, Afridi went for 17 runs! 

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
14 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I can understand your excitement to hype Pakistani players but did you even watch that match? Pant did not face Afridi at all and when Pandya batted vs him in the 19th over, Afridi went for 17 runs! 

Oh really, love to hear your explanation of why I would hype Pakistani players? 

If you're insecurity doesnt let you appreciate skills then that's your fragile self identity. 

When pandya was batting against Afridi - 1 wide, 5  byes and a no ball = that's 7 runs not scored off the bat. 

Out of the 10 runs, a good yorker from afridi nearly took out Pandya and he barely got the bat down to defend and it edged to the boundary. 

Rauf bowled lst over and they took 7 runs off thst which was even worse. 2 runs off 3 balls from pandya. 

Edited by Try_Ball
4 minutes ago, Try_Ball said:

Oh really, love to hear your explanation of why I would hype Pakistani players? 

If you're insecurity doesnt let you appreciate skills then that's your fragile self identity. 

When pandya was batting against Afridi - 1 wide, 5  byes and a no ball = that's 7 runs not scored off the bat. 

Our of 10 runs, a good yorker from afridi nearly took out Pandya and he barely got the bet down to defend and it edged to the boundary. 

Rauf bowled lst over and they took 7 runs off thst which was even worse. 2 runs off 3 balls from pandya. 

It was all due to Pandya's aura. Shaheen Shah Afridi was afraid of Sir Don fraudman Harpic Kandya.