83 movie trailer

vayuu1

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Casting of Viv Richards role looks dope.  He is probably the Anti hero in the movie. 

Didn't knew Harrdy Sandhu & Ammy Virk were part of the cast:hatsoff:

Not many know that hardy sandhu use to play in u19 indian cricket team he was team mates with shikhar ,pujara and Ishant,he also played ranji during 05-06 season for punjab,he was medium pace bowler.

Edited by rkt.india

4 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Not many know that hardy sandhu use to play in u19 indian cricket team he was team mates with shikhar ,pujara and Ishant,he also played ranji during 05-06 season for punjab,he was medium pace bowler

He had a career threatening elbow injury and had to give up cricket.

4 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Not many know that hardy sandhu use to play in u19 indian cricket team he was team mates with shikhar ,pujara and Ishant,he also played ranji during 05-06 season for punjab,he was medium pace bowler.

Not Ishant. He played 2004 u19 WC with Dhawan, Kartik, Raina. I think Manoj Tiwary too. Had a good FC start too for punjab.

2 hours ago, Lord said:

trailer looks good. Ranvir nailed Kapil's accent in press conference scene.

Another thing they recreated the games instead of patching Ranvir's face on Kapil :facepalm:

They cannot recreate, there is no footage for the 175 vs Zimbabwe. Apparently the match was not important enough to be captured.

The Actor playing Kris Srikkanth is Jiiva. He is a very good actor, on par with Dhanush in acting skills. But he selected some awful scripts in his career, could not get the same level of success. 

11 minutes ago, ash said:

They cannot recreate, there is no footage for the 175 vs Zimbabwe. Apparently the match was not important enough to be captured.

The Actor playing Kris Srikkanth is Jiiva. He is a very good actor, on par with Dhanush in acting skills. But he selected some awful scripts in his career, could not get the same level of success. 

other games they could

3 hours ago, Lord said:

trailer looks good. Ranvir nailed Kapil's accent in press conference scene.

yeah, good looking trailer, but often that leads to underwhelming movie.

Ranvir as Kapil is very impressive - the prosthetics or what not, they've captured the young kapil look.  And that accent and even the tone of voice - that was unbelievably Kapil-esque.  I mean you can hear Ranveer's voice - its hard to miss.  But he's done really well to capture that Kapil delivery in voice.  

I even like the 'look' of the other players, they don't match the faces of the real guys obviously, but the body language - the body structure, facial hair - very good job getting that 80s look across.

Let's just hope the movie doesn't suck. 

I do not have any first-hand memories of the WC - my earliest cricket memories go back only as far as the 'Audi' series.  

19 hours ago, ash said:

They will obviously add some drama. It is a movie not a documentary. 

its a biopic not a fiction movie. When facts are available,you can't distort them in name of drama. There is still lot of room to have creativity and add scenes like in the case of 175 innings,we havent seen the innings.

20 hours ago, sandeep said:

yeah, good looking trailer, but often that leads to underwhelming movie.

Ranvir as Kapil is very impressive - the prosthetics or what not, they've captured the young kapil look.  And that accent and even the tone of voice - that was unbelievably Kapil-esque.  I mean you can hear Ranveer's voice - its hard to miss.  But he's done really well to capture that Kapil delivery in voice.  

I even like the 'look' of the other players, they don't match the faces of the real guys obviously, but the body language - the body structure, facial hair - very good job getting that 80s look across.

Let's just hope the movie doesn't suck. 

I do not have any first-hand memories of the WC - my earliest cricket memories go back only as far as the 'Audi' series.  

I think they were lazy there and focused solely on Kapil. Madan Lal,Patil,Srikanth all had moustaches but here its not there.Its basic.

43 minutes ago, Lord said:

its a biopic not a fiction movie. When facts are available,you can't distort them in name of drama. There is still lot of room to have creativity and add scenes like in the case of 175 innings,we havent seen the innings.

I really hope they show that extensively. I always wondered what that innings would be like. One of the all time greatest innings. I might watch the film just for that..