83 movie trailer

vayuu1

1 hour ago, Lord said:

I think they were lazy there and focused solely on Kapil. Madan Lal,Patil,Srikanth all had moustaches but here its not there.Its basic.

Dont think so, they probably went with a combination of hair, clothes and facial hair that put forward the best package overall for each actor.  You are anyway never going to 'resemble' the original - idea is to capture the zeitgeist of that person, or the memory perception anyway.  And I think the srikanth dude does frikkin awesome at that.  Doesn't need a moustache for 'historical accuracy' - because Cheeka played many years later without 'stache.  So overall the look and more importantly the vibe matches. 

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Because it was awful. I had to literally cut it in between. We do such a bad job with movies in general. But with sport movies we are especially bad. 

That's to each his own.  I really liked it.  I think it did a very good job of setting expectations about what sort of movie it is.  It clearly has to be an 'inspiring' underdog story with comedy.  And they check those boxes. 

Some folks might find the 'patriotic' touches cringy, others might get goosebumps.  India's a big country.  Overly judgy gyaanis do not dictate what the masses like.  

20 minutes ago, sandeep said:

That's to each his own.  I really liked it.  I think it did a very good job of setting expectations about what sort of movie it is.  It clearly has to be an 'inspiring' underdog story with comedy.  And they check those boxes. 

Some folks might find the 'patriotic' touches cringy, others might get goosebumps.  India's a big country.  Overly judgy gyaanis do not dictate what the masses like.  

Yeah. So I gave my opinion. But I didn’t judge the people who liked it. They are free to. I thought it was cringe. 

Just read somewhere that Malcolm Marshall's son is playing him, and Sandeep Patil's son is cast as his dad.

Primary School version of me was a huge Macco fan, I still am.  Out of the famed Windies pace contingent, Macco was the guy that scared me the most as a kid.  What a bowler he was. 

There was this one game in Sharjah in the 80s, Srikanth opened for India, hit one ball for 4, then hit another one for 6.  And then Macco castled him.  I still recall the vibe in games against Windies back then.  Their dhaak was such, you just knew your team was going to lose, it was just a question of how badly, and you had this tiny hope of somehow maybe your team could pull off something special.  Yes the late 90s early 2000 Aussies were dominant.  But not like that. 

Windies dominance era was something special.  

12 hours ago, Lord said:

I think they were lazy there and focused solely on Kapil. Madan Lal,Patil,Srikanth all had moustaches but here its not there.Its basic.

You missed that they have moustaches. At least Maddi pa. Check that again. Srikant too.

Edited by rkt.india

12 hours ago, Lord said:

its a biopic not a fiction movie. When facts are available,you can't distort them in name of drama. There is still lot of room to have creativity and add scenes like in the case of 175 innings,we havent seen the innings.

Thing is cricket matches will have enough drama but things off the won't. That's when you need to add some to not make it boring. Movies have cinematic liberty. And it's not a biopic. It's recreation of 83 world cup win.

Edited by rkt.india

11 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Because it was awful. I had to literally cut it in between. We do such a bad job with movies in general. But with sport movies we are especially bad. 

So if you had seen trailer of Narendra Modi, you would have said wished he had never become the PM?

4 hours ago, goose said:

a film about a cricket world cup and still we 'need' a heroine. ranveer starring opposite deepika for the millionth time is just so distastefully bollywood

Ranveer ke saath deepika free to kya problem hai. Deepika is playing Kapil's wife. What's the problem in that? Wives', GFs are as much part of their life as cricket.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Ranveer ke saath deepika free to kya problem hai. Deepika is playing Kapil's wife. What's the problem in that? Wives', GFs are as much part of their life as cricket.

don't get me wrong. i'm sure it's worth a watch. but it could be so much better. Deepika starring opposite Ranveer for the umpteenth time, as well being a couple in real life, is just a little bit too cosy for my liking. clearly the primary question asked during casting was, how do we make as much as much money as possible, on a risk adjusted basis.

The mannerism and the way they play-bowling actions,run up,batting stance all look very authentic. Deepika Padukone's wig looks ugly. And a bit ott saying India got independence 35 yrs ago but abhi izzat kamana baki hai..Lol. India achieved so many things during those 35 yrs. Cricket isnt the only thing. Another movie for masses..

7 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

The mannerism and the way they play-bowling actions,run up,batting stance all look very authentic. Deepika Padukone's wig looks ugly. And a bit ott saying India got independence 35 yrs ago but abhi izzat kamana baki hai..Lol. India achieved so many things during those 35 yrs. Cricket isnt the only thing. Another movie for masses..

There was not much izzat in cricket. It was in that context.

also most of India’s economic achievements happened post liberalisation. What were those major achievements before that ?? That was a horrible time, especially between 1970s up to emergency and 84 riots etc.

Really liked that DO and DIE wala scene.Kapil would have told this nugget to movie directors.

Man Kapil was so simple yet so brave. India’s finest cricketer IMO.

yes Sachin and Gavaskar are there but Kapil was unique. First Indian fast bowler and a great all rounder.

Edited by poyzzplaidwell

13 hours ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

Really liked that DO and DIE wala scene.Kapil would have told this nugget to movie directors.

Man Kapil was so simple yet so brave. India’s finest cricketer IMO.

yes Sachin and Gavaskar are there but Kapil was unique. First Indian fast bowler and a great all rounder.

kapil-Dev_v01.jpg

trailer looks promising, even good. I'll watch it just for the nostalgia alone, irrespective of whether it captures the zeitgeist of the indian team and india the country in the early 80s. one quibble I have is that the trailer does not have enough of Jimmy (amarnath) - he was such a clutch player for us in that WC.

On 12/2/2021 at 6:41 PM, goose said:

a film about a cricket world cup and still we 'need' a heroine. ranveer starring opposite deepika for the millionth time is just so distastefully bollywood

Deepika's on screen time/ role in the movie could be minimal. This is a trailer. Deepika is a superstar. She is going to get the masses the cinema halls. She is going to get a disproportionate share of the trailer time.

Case in point: Sanju.

Sonam Kapoor and Anushka Sharma featured in that trailer in most of the scenes. But their roles were blink and miss.

On 12/2/2021 at 10:30 AM, Bigg Brother said:

They indirectly meant izzat toh humein aur 31 saal baad milegi