BCCI official gives a very damaging report on KL Rahul captaincy

18 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Name one Karnataka player who is uber aggressive (except Vinay koomar lol with his terrorizing run up).  Not a complaint. They are talented, great team players. Very gritty, skillful players, match winners. You can say whatever you want. But generally they are quiet, unassuming, very soft.  Prasad barring that one occasion is also a bit on the softer side.   If you want real feisty in your face attitude it comes from Delhi guys. Manoj, Gambhir, Kohli.  So how about making Ishant the captain :)

Kumble was very aggressive and most of the younger players feared him, I hate generalisations but cricket in Karnataka is more of a urban Bangalore-mysore region game, most of the players come from middle class families hence tend be passive, soft spoken but that's not the case with the rest of Karnataka, the bunts of Mumbai have been part of the underworld syndicate.

7 hours ago, Frustrated said:

KL scored a combined total of 77 runs in 3 matches.  Avg 25.  SR is below par too.  His poor batting and overall tuk tuk approach during PP on flat pattas against a SA D team did not contribute to our defeat?  Only the bowlers are responsible?   In the 3rd odi, bowlers did a decent job to restrict SA to 287, BTW.  

Is 287 restricted. That is a par score.

11 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Ipl has messed  up the minds of most of the posters here, they think 300 is there for the taking in each and every match. 

300 is there for the taking against this SA bowling attack which is missing Rabada and Nortje.   U know it's a patta when your no. 7 batsman D Chahar smashes 54 off 34.  

5 hours ago, Khota said:

Is 287 restricted. That is a par score.

I think Rahul/KL didn’t get combo right. Dravid, excellent batsman and text book technique does not necessarily mean he can get a combo of 11 winning players unless we are just playing to give every player a chance so that we can finalize a team in runup to nxt world cup.

I mentioned in other thread on Dravid, coaching a juniors team which is learning is not same as coaching seniors team.

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Quote of the year lol

RP0SF55.jpg

yes, "transform" it into the 90s or 80s.

All hail King of the Tuk-Tuks and the First Slowpokes; Lord of the Geriatric XI; Protector of the Stat Padders; Lord of Cricket's End; Lord Paramount of the Trundler lands

Edited by Vijy
10 hours ago, mishra said:

I think Rahul/KL didn’t get combo right. Dravid, excellent batsman and text book technique does not necessarily mean he can get a combo of 11 winning players unless we are just playing to give every player a chance so that we can finalize a team in runup to nxt world cup.

I mentioned in other thread on Dravid, coaching a juniors team which is learning is not same as coaching seniors team.

I sort of agree. Dravid has not convinced me that he can do this job.