Ravi Bishnoi .. first impression

gakgupta

Well...

We have seen him in IPL but yet there will be a doubt whether he is good enough for intl cricket...

I think...he was killing it in this series...

He looked international bowler and he can only improve....

Push him immediately into ODIs

He is such an upgrade to Y chahal and K Yadav.

I will not be surprised if he will make a test debut in an year or so

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Couples of years back, During U19 world Cup he was brilliant. While others supported likes of mystery spinners, I was more of a confident person that not many runs will be scored whenever he was bowling in IPL.

He oozes that confidence that he can actually bowl whatever the situation may be

3 hours ago, mishra said:

Couples of years back, During U19 world Cup he was brilliant. While others supported likes of mystery spinners, I was more of a confident person that not many runs will be scored whenever he was bowling in IPL.

He oozes that confidence that he can actually bowl whatever the situation may be

With the kind of action he has , i feel difficult to bowl a classic turning leg break.  He should try to bowl those which moves a bit - kind of leg cutter /carrom  which may be easier to do for him. Also  should try couple of variations within googlies. One - the one he bowls now but with less spin pitching around middle stump but spinning at lesser degree and second slower googly but turning more esp to RHB so that bowled/LBW  chances go up to get wick2 . 

Feel right now his bowling is good in terms of defensive but not much on wicket taking ability as balls always miss stumps.  

This could be a 2 seasons work if he really works hard on them. 

3 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

With the kind of action he has , i feel difficult to bowl a classic turning leg break.  He should try to bowl those which moves a bit - kind of leg cutter /carrom  which may be easier to do for him. Also  should try couple of variations within googlies. One - the one he bowls now but with less spin pitching around middle stump but spinning at lesser degree and second slower googly but turning more esp to RHB so that bowled/LBW  chances go up to get wick2 . 

Feel right now his bowling is good in terms of defensive but not much on wicket taking ability as balls always miss stumps.  

This could be a 2 seasons work if he really works hard on them. 

I do not understand spin much but one thing I understand is a spinner needs to be able to turn a ball and he does it and second is he can bowl same ball again and again. With Kind of turn he has, if he can have couple of variations, not too many, just a couple to occasionally bowl it, that would do.

It just signifies and underscores the importance of first class cricket, isn't it? Ideally Ravi should be playing Ranji for a couple of seasons and hone his skills there. For a spinner, the skills are paramount unlike pacers who partially cover it with their speed. Bishnoi should go back, work on his leg spinner and come back as a wholesome bowler.

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

For that he has to play, surprisingly he was ditched after the T20 match and now ceases to be nowhere in the scheme of things.