What would be your India's WT20 XI and 16 man squad as of today?

Majestic

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

Agree with Ankit Sharma, Shaw needs to iron out his flaws first. 

What's the thing that usually destroys us in big games? 

A left arm pacer ripping through our top order by swinging the ball in the first few overs. 

If you Bring Shaw as an opener, you are actually aggravating that condition, Shaw is more prone to Inswing than  even Sharma and Rahul. 

Dominate to tab karoge jab tik paoge. 

I advocate for Kohli and Sharma as opener with Sky at 3, Pant 4, Rahul 5 and Pandya 6.

when did Shaw struggle v left armers? Did well v Boult yesterday too.

Just now, Lord said:

when did Shaw struggle v left armers? Did well v Boult yesterday too.

I was at the venue yesterday, the ball didn't swing an inch. 

Remember his struggles vs Starc, left armers Inswing is way more deadly for right handers. 

Just now, Adamant said:

I was at the venue yesterday, the ball didn't swing an inch. 

Remember his struggles vs Starc, left armers Inswing is way more deadly for right handers. 

doesn't swing much in Aus too in T20s

As you said, others struggle v it too.

51 minutes ago, Adamant said:

A left arm pacer ripping through our top order by swinging the ball in the first few overs. 

If you Bring Shaw as an opener, you are actually aggravating that condition, Shaw is more prone to Inswing than  even Sharma and Rahul. 

I advocate for Kohli and Sharma as opener with Sky at 3, Pant 4, Rahul 5 and Pandya 6.

Great :hysterical:

Rohit v Mukesh

Kohli today 

2 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Definitely Kohli should not be there..what a downfall man..Can't belive that guy used to own this format...

No, he should be there because of his records from 2016 BC... or something like that. let's have all the out of form people as well as the bottlers and chokers together. makes for a good 1st round exit again

On 4/22/2022 at 4:33 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Samson is also in list but samson also has issues  of hard length like Shaw and many . Hard length from 11-20 over will play a huge role in this wc and shubhman is one of the best against it and unfortunately we dnt have many who can play hard length well at high pace.

Ruturaj? Agree his pace game is not Kohli level but he delivers a package unlike Shaw-Ishan. Not particularly weak weak against anything. Why he doesn't get any hype here? 

Edited by Chakdephatte

16 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Ruturaj? Agree his pace game is not Kohli level but he delivers a package unlike Shaw-Ishan. Not particularly weak weak against anything. Why he doesn't get any hype here? 

rutu bats at same tempo as our top 3 so he basically brings nothing new 

24 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

rutu bats at same tempo as our top 3 so he basically brings nothing new 

This you?

On 4/22/2022 at 2:59 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Gill who on other hand is good at all , Tuk tuk to aise bol rhe ho jaise wo pujara hai. This Wc will be 180 Wc , gill is in that zone. 

:congrats:

18 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

This you?

:congrats:

u asked me the question why isnt he hyped by others here like shaw-kishen same way gill isnt hyped in t20. Two answer have no interlink 

That post on gill was to take him to t20 Wc coz of Aus conditions, My selection choices are not based on hype, my call is strictly on conditions. If it was subcontinent it wud have been shaw 

Now if u wanna ask why gill n shaw over rutu- my answer is both have more quality 

9 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

Openers:

Rohit 

Shaw

KL 

MO:

Pandya

Shreyas

SKY

Pant

Tewatiya

AO:

Chahar

Axar

Jaddu

Bowlers:

Bishnoi

Umran

Prasidh

Bumrah

Nattu/Arshdeep/Khalil

4 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Pant

Rohit

Pandya

Rahul

SKY

Krunal

DK

Chahar

Prasidh

Chahal

Bumrah

That IMO is as good a line up we can pick on current form, considering Rohit has to play

I can't see Veroit Kuhli? 

It doesn't matter what squad is picked. 

At the end of the day, our top 3 is still going to be the choke trio of Rohit, Rahul and Kohli. As if choking was not enough, 2/3 out of them are batting like tailenders. Getting out of the group stage will be an excellent achievement. 

I had high hopes of Kohli getting dropped but recent comments from Ganguly suggest otherwise. Truly unfortunate times in Indian cricket. We should just concentrate on how to make (and win) the WTC final next year and of course the ODI world Cup. Better to go in with zero expectations for this year's event. 

On 4/23/2022 at 11:17 PM, Adamant said:

No fatso as opener. * him. Fat * can't face any swing as an opener. He always chokes when you need him too. Atleast kohli won a WC. Kohli also won us the final in 2013 champions trophy. Aloo tiki munching fat lard ass got out for 9 even in that match. Sure champions trophy doesn't matter but it was good to win it to show that our 2011 win was legit. 

Aussies of 2015 couldn't back it up in 2017 after winning the WC in their home. They could only dominate in their home. 

Only one of johli or rohit should play. 

On 4/24/2022 at 2:59 AM, Vijy said:

No, he should be there because of his records from 2016 BC... or something like that. let's have all the out of form people as well as the bottlers and chokers together. makes for a good 1st round exit again

Hahahha. Gold.

Off the topic I have a list of people whom I don't want in the squad

Starting off with the one and only Mr 71 Kohli

Slowman Gill

Less than one wicket per game bhuvi

bad attitude ishan dushan

Former csk captain sadeja

Injury prone thambi washington sundar (dude is wasting all his talent)

Taken wicket taking to a vera level ravichandran ashwin

Shami

Siraj

Varun C

&

Rahul chahar

Honorable mentions : Orange cap holder kl rahul for his slow batting

Edited by Stan AF

It's better to go with zero expectations as other poster above said.   Rohit & Rahul are 100% there.  I still don't know with Kohli.  Something's gotta give sooner than later. And WT20 is still a lot of games away.  If he keeps failing...  Ganguly's assurance won't mean jack.  Barring a opener dude doesn't brings anything else & even that's a looong stretch. 

India needs to stop caring much about our batsman & start looking to build a gun attack for Aussie conditions.  I feel WT20 could be low scoring at MCG & Perth especially.  You need wicket taking options there. 

54 minutes ago, Jay said:

No fatso as opener. * him. Fat * can't face any swing as an opener. He always chokes when you need him too. Atleast kohli won a WC. Kohli also won us the final in 2013 champions trophy. Aloo tiki munching fat lard ass got out for 9 even in that match. Sure champions trophy doesn't matter but it was good to win it to show that our 2011 win was legit. 

Aussies of 2015 couldn't back it up in 2017 after winning the WC in their home. They could only dominate in their home. 

Only one of johli or rohit should play. 

Rohit played swing really well in England in test last year, he has trouble vs left armers swinging in. It is the angle that creates issue.