Prithviraj Trailer

Lone Wolf

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Yeah the old Chanakya show was one of the greatest Indian tv shows of all time. Surprised to see him associated with this type of a film. Hopefully it will be good. However Akshay Kumar is a terrible actor. Good for Masala movies but doesn’t have the range to carry a role like this. Trailer does look crap though.

Appears to be a standard Bollywood film where the lead is called “Prithviraj” instead of a “Ashoka”, a “Bhagat” or whatever 

On 5/10/2022 at 3:12 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Ishq - Prem..  Vatan - desh,  sultan - Aakramankari/lootera...  You can use common hindi words used in movies.  Sanskrit/Pali is dead so no point of even talking about it.  Ghori was no sultan..  Reason why he never founded a empire in India.  Common basic knowledge. 

Main focus Should be on the eventual battle.  People want to see action & what actually happened.  They will either falsely glorify Prithviraj citing Prithviraj Raso a fictious tale.  Even Bahubali showed us how they formed their battle formations. 

Classics like Alexander,  Troy also showed us that aspect.. YRF is one of the biggest production house in India.  Budget can never be a problem 

Also I suggest u watch Ayushmann's Anek movie trailer...  One of the brilliant ones recently. 

I agree that the title of sultan for ghori would be historically inaccurate. with that said, the ghurid empire at its peak did include some parts of pre-partition india.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

I agree that the title of sultan for ghori would be historically inaccurate. with that said, the ghurid empire at its peak did include some parts of pre-partition india.

Yes...  As Prithviraj continued to lose Bathinda at both first & 2nd battle.  Ghori always made inroads into his empire.  He struggled in his second attempt at Bathinda as Fort was holding strong.  It was critical place for him to launch a invasion at the heart of Prithviraj's kingdom.  Prithviraj didn't send any reinforcement & in short is villian in the story. 

Also Prithviraj had hostile rivalry with famous Alha Udal duo & had faught numerous battles with them in Bundelkhand & made sure he had enemies on every side in India.  Prithviraj is hated in those parts & people blame him for his idiocy.  During his 2nd battle with Ghori he had send two of his best generals in a campaign somewhere else.  He had the numbers advantage still but was weaker than 1st time. 

His court bard tried to save his dignity by writing a fake myth.  Created a hero out of this loser.  Historically he died in initial assault before sunrise as planned by Ghori.  Overall after Raja Dahir he is my second worst Indian King tactically ever. 

Ghori was crushed by Solankis of Gujarat prior to starting his duel with Prithviraj. 

So yes Ghori did had decent control of Indian northwest but after every defeat he was pushed further.   Dude got lucky like Bin Qasim as he probably faced one of the worst Indian kings & beat him with a smaller infantry.

On 5/10/2022 at 3:12 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Ishq - Prem..  Vatan - desh,  sultan - Aakramankari/lootera...  You can use common hindi words used in movies.  Sanskrit/Pali is dead so no point of even talking about it.  Ghori was no sultan..  Reason why he never founded a empire in India.  Common basic knowledge. 

Main focus Should be on the eventual battle.  People want to see action & what actually happened.  They will either falsely glorify Prithviraj citing Prithviraj Raso a fictious tale.  Even Bahubali showed us how they formed their battle formations. 

Classics like Alexander,  Troy also showed us that aspect.. YRF is one of the biggest production house in India.  Budget can never be a problem 

Also I suggest u watch Ayushmann's Anek movie trailer...  One of the brilliant ones recently. 

What is the fatal flaw, if they used Ishq instead of Prem?

That is being very pedantic.

Also, why should the focus of the movie be the eventual battle? The producer makes no such claims. It could be focused on Akshay's love story. Or the battle. Or it could be both.

Look, I've read your posts on this thread and some others. Clearly, you are a @Muloghonto/ @Gollum re-incarnate. You are an expert at history. And you are a huge fan of the topic. Obviously you won't like this movie. 

Let me give you an example. A science dumbo like me was awed by Interstellar. But an actual scientist ( one of the very few I know) found it very over the top, unemperical and unnecessarily optimistic sic

Could be the same case here. The Aam Hindustani is watching it for the drama/masala/ entertainment value. You are expecting a History Channel like documentary.

Edited by Mariyam

On 5/10/2022 at 8:51 PM, kepler37b said:

Any other actor would have given years of life for a prestigious project like this. I do not want to drum and praise the recent hits. But look at how the lead actors of RRR, pushpa and KGF gave their full commitment. How can you have akshay who does multiple films a year in this magnum opus? I doubt if he dedicated even 3 months of undivided time to this film. 

For starters, look at the hairwork in this poster. All look fake. 

The trailer is underwhelming. 

The first thing bollywood needs to do is cleanse itself of all the stars. And a large scale blockbuster film like the ones we had from south. Else, the state will only be worse.

The comparison between RRR and Prithviraj is totally off.

In RRR, the protagonist lived 100-150 years ago. There is a lot of documented history about him. His language still exists. He is in British records too. There is just so much to work with.

For Prithviraj, only some quaint tales some court yes man wrote centuries after Prithviraj died exist. We have no idea about the real Prithviraj. What was his favourite dessert? Which brand of footwear did he wear while in court? Zip. Nada. Nothing.

That is why, it is okay if the director and actors take creative liberties. I wouldn't be too harsh on them.

A better comparison to RRR would be " The Legend of Bhagat Singh" *ing Ajay Dvgn. And "The Legend of Bhagat Singh" is a far better movie.

Edited by Mariyam

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

In RRR, the protagonist lived 100-150 years ago. There is a lot of documented history about him. His language still exists. He is in British records too. There is just so much to work with.

For Prithviraj, only some quaint tales some court yes man wrote centuries after Prithviraj died exist. We have no idea about the real Prithviraj. What was his favourite dessert? Which brand of footwear did he wear while in court? Zip. Nada. Nothing.

That is why, it is okay if the director and actors take creative liberties. I wouldn't be too harsh on them.

A better comparison to RRR would be " The Legend of Bhagat Singh" *ing Ajay Dvgn. And "The Legend of Bhagat Singh" is a far better movie.

@Mariyam

What was his favourite dessert?  --> Qubani ka meetha or rasgulla; his opinion changed based on his mood (and he was very moody)

Which brand of footwear did he wear while in court? --> he wore Louboutins for formal occasions, and Nike when he went running

Feel free to ask any other questions that come up ;)

P.S. legend of bhagat singh was quite a stirring movie.

12 hours ago, Mariyam said:

What is the fatal flaw, if they used Ishq instead of Prem?

That is being very pedantic.

Also, why should the focus of the movie be the eventual battle? The producer makes no such claims. It could be focused on Akshay's love story. Or the battle. Or it could be both.

Look, I've read your posts on this thread and some others. Clearly, you are a @Muloghonto/ @Gollum re-incarnate. You are an expert at history. And you are a huge fan of the topic. Obviously you won't like this movie. 

Let me give you an example. A science dumbo like me was awed by Interstellar. But an actual scientist ( one of the very few I know) found it very over the top, unemperical and unnecessarily optimistic sic

Could be the same case here. The Aam Hindustani is watching it for the drama/masala/ entertainment value. You are expecting a History Channel like documentary.

I am a huuge fan of Bahubali right from the visuals storyline & everything.  There's enough Tension excitement action in a battle that can make a movie legendary. 

Masala/Entertainment in a war movie can happen. 

I loved watching Padmavat.  They mixed everything quite well..  Which I didn't expected in a Bollywood movie.   Even the movie Tanhaji which had a small budget was well made & recieved so much love & was a box office hit.

Here from the trailer it looks like they are taking everything so so lightly in one of the biggest turning points in Indian history.  It's a marquee storyline...  Akshay looks like a comedian.  Extremely poor choice for this role.   It's like Salman Khan becoming Tanhaji.  

Contrary to some people here...  I want Bollywood to succeed & not act like it is reserved for few thousand people in South Bombay.  Regional cinema is good for domestic audience but it can never really replace the Soft power Bollywood had in late 90's & 2000's. 

On 5/17/2022 at 12:02 AM, Mariyam said:

Nope. For me RRR wins

Let's agree to disagree. Always unfair to compare a highly emotive biopic with a enchanting fantasy.  

My problem is that Akshay considering this movie as a "one off" and not giving it any seriousness.  I have same feeling as this guy.

Edited by kepler37b

On 5/9/2022 at 10:49 AM, Lone Wolf said:

First of all quite a few Urdu/Farsi words in the Trailer..  Ishq Watan & referring Ghori as some Sultan  like Woooow...  I am no expert bit I don't expect that much Urdu/Farsi in India at that point & who would call a enemy invader Sultan?? 

In Padmavat they called Khilji Sultan as he was ruler of India...  So correct assumption & much later period as well. 

Also looks like they probably have based this on Prithvi raj Raso..  A totally incorrect set of events.   Overall another pathetic attempt by Bollywood.  Akshay looks terrible & that Ghori fella casted looks worse than childhood Zee TV era Ghori.  Battle formations shown in Trailer look laughable. 

This movie will make Padmavat look like Lord of the rings I think. 

:facepalm: :redface: Bollywood doesn’t get it all. I thought they should at least correct the historical wrongs done to story of Jaichand. Ghori uttering Hindustan is natural, but PC mouthing Hindustan is cringe. He should say Bharat as was prevalent among natives of that time

On 5/30/2022 at 6:21 PM, coffee_rules said:

:facepalm: :redface: Bollywood doesn’t get it all. I thought they should at least correct the historical wrongs done to story of Jaichand. Ghori uttering Hindustan is natural, but PC mouthing Hindustan is cringe. He should say Bharat as was prevalent among natives of that time

I thought this would be the cringiest trailer. But Lal Singh Chadda crap has elevated the level of this trailer.

On Mon May 30 2022 at 6:30 PM, coffee_rules said:

Aakhri Hindu Samrat? Factually wrong, Krishnadevaraya, Shivaji, kya jhak maar rahe the?

Even if we go by Delhi logic...  Samarat Hemu was last Hindu ruler of Delhi.   

Jayachandra ruler of Kannauj (the then power centre of India)  was still the most powerful ruler even in Prithviraj times.  Ghori & Aibak had great difficulty in defeating him in Battle of Chandwar in 1194.  Akhand chutiya Bollywood logic.  

2 hours ago, ash said:

Doesn’t Bollywood have a single star with a good screen presence like Yash or Prabhas or Allu Arjun? There is no one with style and swagger to pull off these kind of films. 

Wait what?

If I collected a 5er every time I read 'style' and 'swagger' on this message board I could pile up a stack enough to dwarf the Burj Khalifa.

Akshay is supposed to be a king in this movie. Why should he have 'swagger'? The qualities that his character should exude are being just, judicious and brave.

The trailer shows Akshay as all of those. Good job Akshay, I would think.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:21 PM, coffee_rules said:

This is hilarious.

"Bollywood" should take the onus to correct a historical wrong passed on through folklore?

Why? 

Its not a part of Yash Raj Film's KRA. Also, in the real world, nobody cares about the grave injustice that history has heaped upon Jaichand or even about this story/war that happened a 1000 years ago.

Whether this film is a hit or a flop, I can assure you that it will be far superior to the pathetically overrated south movies like RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR etc.

Take a look at this hilarious bullet scene. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:  Rajamouli had no idea what he was thinking.

Mc.. bullet hai ya biscuit ka packet :hysterical:  :hysterical:

Edited by speedheat

4 hours ago, ash said:

Doesn’t Bollywood have a single star with a good screen presence like Yash or Prabhas or Allu Arjun? There is no one with style and swagger to pull off these kind of films. 

These stars invest a LOT of time for a movie and surrender to director's vision to get that translated to swagger on screen.  

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Whether this film is a hit or a flop, I can assure you that it will be far superior to the pathetically overrated south movies like RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR etc.

Take a look at this hilarious bullet scene. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:  Rajamouli had no idea what he was thinking.

Mc.. bullet hai ya biscuit ka packet :hysterical:  :hysterical:

Why are you so triggered? Is that your bike or what?