Prithviraj Trailer

Lone Wolf

First of all quite a few Urdu/Farsi words in the Trailer..  Ishq Watan & referring Ghori as some Sultan  like Woooow...  I am no expert bit I don't expect that much Urdu/Farsi in India at that point & who would call a enemy invader Sultan?? 

In Padmavat they called Khilji Sultan as he was ruler of India...  So correct assumption & much later period as well. 

Also looks like they probably have based this on Prithvi raj Raso..  A totally incorrect set of events.   Overall another pathetic attempt by Bollywood.  Akshay looks terrible & that Ghori fella casted looks worse than childhood Zee TV era Ghori.  Battle formations shown in Trailer look laughable. 

This movie will make Padmavat look like Lord of the rings I think. 

@Lone Wolf Not sure I follow your critique of the trailer.

Isn't it a given that the people watching the movie today would follow Hindi/Urdu and not Prakrit?Pali? or whatever was spoken back then?

They called whoever Sultan so we would follow what they are talking about.

What do you propose? A historical movie be shot in the language of the time it portrays with subtitles for the viewers?

Recipe for a box office disaster. Also which actor would take months to learn an archaic language. They are actors, not Chomsky.

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@Lone Wolf Not sure I follow your critique of the trailer.

Isn't it a given that the people watching the movie today would follow Hindi/Urdu and not Prakrit?Pali? or whatever was spoken back then?

They called whoever Sultan so we would follow what they are talking about.

What do you propose? A historical movie be shot in the language of the time it portrays with subtitles for the viewers?

Recipe for a box office disaster. Also which actor would take months to learn an archaic language. They are actors, not Chomsky.

Ishq - Prem..  Vatan - desh,  sultan - Aakramankari/lootera...  You can use common hindi words used in movies.  Sanskrit/Pali is dead so no point of even talking about it.  Ghori was no sultan..  Reason why he never founded a empire in India.  Common basic knowledge. 

Main focus Should be on the eventual battle.  People want to see action & what actually happened.  They will either falsely glorify Prithviraj citing Prithviraj Raso a fictious tale.  Even Bahubali showed us how they formed their battle formations. 

Classics like Alexander,  Troy also showed us that aspect.. YRF is one of the biggest production house in India.  Budget can never be a problem 

Also I suggest u watch Ayushmann's Anek movie trailer...  One of the brilliant ones recently. 

On 5/9/2022 at 8:19 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Any other actor would have given years of life for a prestigious project like this. I do not want to drum and praise the recent hits. But look at how the lead actors of RRR, pushpa and KGF gave their full commitment. How can you have akshay who does multiple films a year in this magnum opus? I doubt if he dedicated even 3 months of undivided time to this film. 

For starters, look at the hairwork in this poster. All look fake. 

The trailer is underwhelming. 

The first thing bollywood needs to do is cleanse itself of all the stars. And a large scale blockbuster film like the ones we had from south. Else, the state will only be worse.

Akshay kumar will fck this up...............he wakesup from one set and goes to another. He just wants earn money n not dedicate to any role 

He has no personality , not even a good....only does well in comedies coz that comes naturally to him on top of that his understanding of acting is so poor.  

Watched RRR for the 4th time guys. Phenomenal!!!

The depiction of chemistry between Ram and Bheem is truly fantastic. Music is  very very soulful. Janani and Komaram Bheemudo are cult classics. Naatu Naatu will be remembered for long time in our movie history. 

The performance of lead actors is top top class. The best ever bromance film . SSR did a great job by cutting the romance part(reason why Alia was pissed off) and concentrated fully on bromance. In hindsight this is a winner on many angles. An ode to the genre of films that is truly and only ours. 

Felt  RRR is a better work than KGF. But there are numerous movies that are superior to RRR and  are utter flops at box office. Strange are ways of our cinemas.

NTR Jr gave a performance of the decade. I will not be surprised if he gets a national award. 

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Akshay kumar will fck this up...............he wakesup from one set and goes to another. He just wants earn money n not dedicate to any role 

He has no personality , not even a good....only does well in comedies coz that comes naturally to him on top of that his understanding of acting is so poor.  

Yep not a versatile actor by any means.  Comedy genre suits him the most. 

Epic war movies require hardcore dedication & almost everything should be perfect.  They are most tougher ones to pull off.  Also Bollywood doesn't gives a fck about sources as well so they will likely botch the entire storyline. 

Bhansali was brilliant with the cinematography in Padmavat.  This looks seriously cheap

On 5/9/2022 at 8:19 PM, Lone Wolf said:

First of all quite a few Urdu/Farsi words in the Trailer..  Ishq Watan & referring Ghori as some Sultan  like Woooow...  I am no expert bit I don't expect that much Urdu/Farsi in India at that point & who would call a enemy invader Sultan?? 

In Padmavat they called Khilji Sultan as he was ruler of India...  So correct assumption & much later period as well. 

Also looks like they probably have based this on Prithvi raj Raso..  A totally incorrect set of events.   Overall another pathetic attempt by Bollywood.  Akshay looks terrible & that Ghori fella casted looks worse than childhood Zee TV era Ghori.  Battle formations shown in Trailer look laughable. 

This movie will make Padmavat look like Lord of the rings I think. 

Chaar baans chaubees gaj 

Angul asht pramaan,

Taa upar sultan hai ,

Mat chuko Chauhan

, Prithviraj along with raja nimi aka dashrath and eklavya are three person to know the shabdabhedi vidya

21 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yep not a versatile actor by any means.  Comedy genre suits him the most. 

Epic war movies require hardcore dedication & almost everything should be perfect.  They are most tougher ones to pull off.  Also Bollywood doesn't gives a fck about sources as well so they will likely botch the entire storyline. 

Bhansali was brilliant with the cinematography in Padmavat.  This looks seriously cheap

Sad State of bollywood:-

1.   Audience no connection with stars
  2.    Stars not committed to entertain audience. When I look at Ajay, Akshay and Khan's what all I see is complete lack of commitment.
  3.    Directors have no connection with audience. Make an ultra woke movie and sell it to OTT. Or make an atrocious commercial film with choreographers as directors. Disasters galore
  4.    No good music coming out. Mostly some crappy remixes
  5.   Being squeezed between OTT, Films from South and Films from outside country.    

10 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Chaar baans chaubees gaj 

Angul asht pramaan,

Taa upar sultan hai ,

Mat chuko Chauhan

, Prithviraj along with raja nimi aka dashrath and eklavya are three person to know the shabdabhedi vidya

Prithviraj raso is a failed attempt to justify his actions.  It is a complete bull*cra* that has been debunked many times over. 

Ghori was on the brink of defeat during Bathinda seige yet Prithviraj didn't send any reinforcements & was not taking Ghori seriously. 

Ghori from his previous experience had noticed his tactics that Rajput armies don't attack at night.  Also he brought a special for the first time ever a Turkish horse archery regiment along with him.  The ones Indian armies had never ever encountered.  Aibak the slave the was leader of that pack. 

Prithviraj had sent two of his best generals who played a key role in 1st battle  on a campaign elsewhere & he was slightly thin on numbers. 

Ghori attacked before sunrise...  Alexander style...  Leaving Prithviraj's battle forces formation a complete mess.  Prithviraj died fighting in the battlefield.  It is said that Indians were masters at fighting close combat style but they couldn't cope with the horse Archery regiment whom they had never faced. 

Battle  of Chandwar 1193 Jaichand vs Ghori..  Jaichand was about to defeat Ghori until a stray arrow struck him.  Jaichand has been wrongly blamed by Marxist historians as a took to blame Rajputs.  Has been debunked again. 

Looked at the preview ... The film appears to be designed for entertainment not to win awards ... The director is Dr. Chandraprakash who used to direct Chanakya iirc so good to see him try his hand at a big budget film. The budget is listed at 300 cr 

Edited by zen

9 hours ago, zen said:

Looked at the preview ... The film appears to be designed for entertainment not to win awards ... The director is Dr. Chandraprakash who used to direct Chanakya iirc so good to see him try his hand at a big budget film. The budget is listed at 300 cr 

Yeah the old Chanakya show was one of the greatest Indian tv shows of all time. Surprised to see him associated with this type of a film. Hopefully it will be good. However Akshay Kumar is a terrible actor. Good for Masala movies but doesn’t have the range to carry a role like this. Trailer does look crap though.