Gambhir’s top 7 for T20 WC in Aus

zen

No, Hooda is untested as bowler and No.7 is too low for him...

I will take

Rohit

Kohli

Sky

Iyer

KL ( wk)

SDP

Jadeja/ DK

+ 4 bowlers in which atleast one can bat

And I will give this team all  T20 games before the world cup...no seniors rest , no trying out new players....

Just give them game time at their positions game after game till WC....

27 minutes ago, zen said:

At this point, GG’s top 7:

Rohit

Kishan

SKY

Kohli

KL

SDP (Hardik)

Hooda 

SDP & Hooda are 5-6th bowlers, Pant misses out 

Discuss! 

Ro-Ko are done with. Ko did well in WT20 before, but is in clear decline. and potato mostly scores against minnows these days. KL is too mentally weak to warrant selection.

agree with gambit (gambhir) about selection of Pandu and SKY. on the fence regd hooda (does not seem good enough for 6th bowler).

6 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Ro-Ko are done with. Ko did well in WT20 before, but is in clear decline. and potato mostly scores against minnows these days. KL is too mentally weak to warrant selection.

agree with gambit (gambhir) about selection of Pandu and SKY. on the fence regd hooda (does not seem good enough for 6th bowler).

Yes, difficult to be competitive with Rohit-Kohli … On high scoring pitches, they will score slow 50s, and on low scoring pitches, they could get out early 

Hooda is good and can slip in an over or two if required. Just needs more chances to gain experience. 

So mornic Gambhir is back with Rohit, Kohli and Rahul in the team.If those three are batting well this team becomes world class but they are not , Kohli  maybe done as a player.Rohit is on his last leg.He never had a great world t20 even his prime.Where are the new talented batsmen?

Ind's 1st game in the world cup is on Oct 23rd ... A lot of time, the form can change, therefore, you are currently picking players based on suitability to conditions and overall talent ... Based on this, below is my current pick: 

Top Order (#1-3) 

• Openers: KL & Gill -> as I am seeking to play openers who can play pace & bounce well. Offer some solidity against full strength bowling attacks of top teams 
  • #3 Hooda -> Similar qualities as the openers but a relatively more high SR option (basically someone who is opposite of a Rohit-Kohli, i.e. goes after the bowling without thinking about wanting to bat long and keep up with the reputation) ... If Rituraj and Samson are in form and playing freely and better than Hooda, one of them can be considered too ... Hooda if he is picked can slip in an over or two so the preference 

Upper Middle Order (#4-5)

• SKY
  • SDP (Hardik) 

Lower Middle Order (#6-7)

• DK or Pant or Samson (wk)
  • Sundar or D Chahar or Thakur or V Iyer or ... 

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Need a hitter at 7 who can bowl his full quota of 4 overs.

Dravid has sort of confirmed that Jadeja will occupy this slot if fit. And it's quite clear that Axar is his backup.

Dravid, kohli, rohit, shastri, dhoni...............no matter who it is they all will play jaddu at 7 

I hve given upon this. Luckily his batting has improved against pace but not enough so him scoring runs wud depend on few things like getting more balls n some good recent knocks . Not to forget lack of good fielders also helps his case 

That slot is just not worth debating kyunki jayega to Jadeja hi 

Ravi Shastri is on record saying that Sanju Samson's probably the best batsman in India for T20 in Australian conditions.  

Yes, I'm cherrypicking this statement because I like Samson's batting.  I think Samson has it in him to be the next Rohit Sharma.  

12 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Ravi Shastri is on record saying that Sanju Samson's probably the best batsman in India for T20 in Australian conditions.  

Yes, I'm cherrypicking this statement because I like Samson's batting.  I think Samson has it in him to be the next Rohit Sharma.  

yea he said he has all the shots for australian conditions and he is spot on, not to forget he is a gun fielder in outfield 

22 hours ago, Gollum said:

What's the point if Jadeja is in top 7? Quite literally the worst T20I player among major teams. I am sure Undercutter is a better option, that's how much I rate Jaddu's mythical prowess in this format. 

Love Jaddu the test player but how many times must we endure his T20 fakery? 

undercutter can also tonk the ball. he, dhawal, harshal, and boobi all need to play. they are all trundler-ARs

It is so clear that Rohit and Virat are not cut for Int. t20 but they will stick around unnecessary and that will damage our chances.

I can still take Rohit because he has the ability to hit couple of sixes out of nowhere. But Kohli will hit a boundary and then play old school of taking a single next ball ( that is called smart cricket by Sunny G garbage school of T20).