Jump to content
maniac

List of underrated cricketers wish we had.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, maniac said:

I remember people making fun of Daryl Mitchell for failing in the IPL.

 

the guy has already played one of the clutch knockout innings in T20 and now has back to back 100’s in England.

 

can open, play in the middle order, can bowl handy seamers, brilliant fielder.

 

Do we have a player of even his quality right now?

Sharduloozer. Shardull won us in gabba. Won us the series vs australia. Won is games vs pommies. 

 

Darryl has yet to do squat vs australia who are the toughest team to beat away apart from India. 

.but I do agree. Darryl is clutch as fuuuuuuck. Phenomenal player. 

 

Other underrated ones I wish we had are van der dussen and Chris woakes. 

Link to comment

I would definitely wish for players like Scott Styris and Paul Collingwood. Proper batsman who can give you 5-7 overs of seam bowling, and can bat at no 4.

 

Another name I wish for is Mark Wood, no matter what format is, the fella literally gives everything....and we have guys like Bhuvi who aren't even fit enough to play Tests.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Vk1 said:

will we ever get players like Nathan Bracken, James Faulkner.. played for 3-4 years and won world cup in that time frame.. forget journeymen,most of our celebrated players play 10+ years for no worthy achievements

Yes it's a governem4nt job for our stars. They will cling on for dear life just to block the young talents. 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, maniac said:

I remember people making fun of Daryl Mitchell for failing in the IPL.

 

high time ppl stop making fun of cricketers for failing in IPL

  • Livingstone was made fun when he failed
  • Hasaranga
  • Adil rashid 
  • Jhye richardson- he ll be a top player in future
  • Josh phillipe- another damn talented player 
  • Im sure even butler wud have been made fun of coz he was struggling in IPL till he was made to open 

 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, maniac said:

I remember people making fun of Daryl Mitchell for failing in the IPL.

 

the guy has already played one of the clutch knockout innings in T20 and now has back to back 100’s in England.

 

can open, play in the middle order, can bowl handy seamers, brilliant fielder.

 

Do we have a player of even his quality right now?

It's mostly 2k kids in this forum with an unhealthy obsession towards IPL.

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Vk1 said:

will we ever get players like Nathan Bracken, James Faulkner.. played for 3-4 years and won world cup in that time frame.. forget journeymen,most of our celebrated players play 10+ years for no worthy achievements

Bracken was a great odi bowler, incredible numbers, our once superstars nehra, Pathan, RP Singh all average 30 plus  hell even guys like langevelt, Andre nel, Tim bresnan, helfenhaus, Bollinger, Dirk nannes would have all walked into our 2011 world cup winning team, we did have a few underrated blokes, Kaif maybe, agarkar and to some extent even Dinesh mongia with his handy left arm spin.

Link to comment
On 6/14/2022 at 10:29 AM, Vk1 said:

will we ever get players like Nathan Bracken, James Faulkner.. played for 3-4 years and won world cup in that time frame.. forget journeymen,most of our celebrated players play 10+ years for no worthy achievements

So pick them ahead of Ambrose,Walsh,Donald,steyn,Pollock,waqar,morkel.

Link to comment

Looking at Mitchell's success wish we had given Vijay Shankar a go in Eng and NZ. We kept on playing him in the wrong formats and conditions, just like how we wasted Siraj in 2017-19. 

 

Sure Shankar wasn't an all conditions option even in test cricket, but could have worked say in NZ 2020 or the WTC F. 

Edited by Gollum
Link to comment

Pak: Shadab Khan, Hassan Ali (underrated now even though was hyped a few years back)

 

Australia: Zampa, most Aussie core is rated but Zampa over Chahal for me.

 

England: Mark Wood (not rated enough when it comes to 90+ bowlers). Chris Woakes is one of the best bowling allrounders in the world.Rest of the English players are rated accordingly.

 

Srilanka: Chameera (getting his due now after playing IPL)

 

Nzl: Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham (better than Pandya).

 

WI: I think wi players are overrated based on how much in demand they are in leagues. No underrated player but if had to pick one then Roston chase.

 

SA: Pretorious and dare I say we don’t have a player even like Pehlukwayo and also both SA spinners are underrated, Maharaj even more than Shamsi.

 

Bangladesh: None.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
18 hours ago, maniac said:

Pak: Shadab Khan, Hassan Ali (underrated now even though was hyped a few years back)

 

Australia: Zampa, most Aussie core is rated but Zampa over Chahal for me.

 

England: Mark Wood (not rated enough when it comes to 90+ bowlers). Chris Woakes is one of the best bowling allrounders in the world.Rest of the English players are rated accordingly.

 

Srilanka: Chameera (getting his due now after playing IPL)

 

Nzl: Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham (better than Pandya).

 

WI: I think wi players are overrated based on how much in demand they are in leagues. No underrated player but if had to pick one then Roston chase.

 

SA: Pretorious and dare I say we don’t have a player even like Pehlukwayo and also both SA spinners are underrated, Maharaj even more than Shamsi.

 

Bangladesh: None.

 

 

 

 

 

 

SL's sanaka as well. Very good finisher and bowl alo regularly....Won a match against aus chasing 59 in 3 overs against Cummins, Hazlewood ,Jhye. All these players are highly underrated.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...