Sarfaraz Khan

Sarfaraz hopefully doesnt bat on Day 1 and comes in some time during Day 2.

Will be an excellent learning experience for him, hopefully he can learn from the big mistakes made by Jaiswal, Gill and Patidar today.

All three of them should have at least got a solid start in their innings.

1 minute ago, NameGoesHere said:

I’m very happy for Khan but not fully convinced - something about his feet movement or lack of it, and playing away from his body. 

That’s ok though - the list of people who haven’t convinced me when they debuted, includes Anil Kumble, Mahendra Dhoni and Virender Sehwag :(( 

Exactly. Even Steve Smith looks as though he has no technique whatsoever. Same for Sehwag and Dhoni.

As long as he has good reflexes and decent defence, that temperament of his will get him a long way!

2 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

I’m very happy for Khan but not fully convinced - something about his feet movement or lack of it, and playing away from his body. 

That’s ok though - the list of people who haven’t convinced me when they debuted, includes Anil Kumble, Mahendra Dhoni and Virender Sehwag :(( 

Prince Gill is mater of it. Nobodsy can come close to him in that area. It was disgusting to see the side angle of him getting out.

Sarfaraz is busy player, there was no doubt about it. Since u-19 days,it is proven. Remember him and Samson rebuilding India against Pakistan u-19 in our opening match of 2014 U-19 wc where Sarfaraz took the responsibility of scoring freely. He was the pillar of middle order in 2016 u-19 wc as well and rescued us so many times. The way he was maneuvering the bowlers according to field placement and those aerial shots were treat to watch. Real asset to have against spin at home. Given debut minimum 2 years late according to me.

54 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Sarfaraz is busy player, there was no doubt about it. Since u-19 days,it is proven. Remember him and Samson rebuilding India against Pakistan u-19 in our opening match of 2014 U-19 wc where Sarfaraz took the responsibility of scoring freely. He was the pillar of middle order in 2016 u-19 wc as well and rescued us so many times. The way he was maneuvering the bowlers according to field placement and those aerial shots were treat to watch. Real asset to have against spin at home. Given debut minimum 2 years late according to me.

sarf was the only one who stood up to the fast WI pace attack of the 2015 U19 WC. he has an ungainly technique (I still think he's suspect vs pace), but he scores well vs spin

He did exceptionally well on debut. Looked sure for a 100 too. England kept the field inside the inner circle the entire time which opened up the aerial route. It would have been interesting to see how he would fare if he had to sweat it out with field dropping back for some overs. 

He might have had a shot at turning around and sliding in to save the runout if he was fitter. Way too slow to react and turn around... eventually not even attempting to get back in the crease.