Rajat Patidar v Sarfaraz Khan

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Really good innings by Sarfraz today.

But Saurashtra's bowling did not have anyone bowling above 132 k.

Need to see him against pace and bounce, like the ROI attack had. 

Sarfaraz was our best bat in SA for India A and pitches were good for bowling. SA had good pacers.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Sarfaraz was our best bat in SA for India A and pitches were good for bowling. SA had good pacers.

With 2 slots opening up in the middle order in tests, why is he not getting chances then ?

" Higher in the pecking order batters"  are filling the slots irrespective of their qualities, namely Shreyas snd Vihari. 

On 10/2/2022 at 12:34 AM, Need4Speed said:

Vihari is just ok..I appreciate what he did with Ashwin vs Australia but he is not that supremely talented..

Iyer..we all know he is good but to be a reliable bat you need to be comfortable against short pitch stuff..which he is not..

Better to give chances to new talents..

Iyer is reliable everywhere except Aus and SA.

2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

In LOI cricket he already is...  I'd say he does look International standard contrary to Sarfaraz. 

I say it will help him with Test selections as well. That is where sarfraz is handicapped. He is not a bad  ODI selection either.  But he has to have some kind of X factor like SKy to break into the LOI set up.

Sarfaraz Khan for me. Earned it. He might slap the face of selectors in tests as well like SKY and to a smaller extent Iyer have done.

Dont rate Patidar…….Yet.

I put him in the Rituraj category. Need more. Even though Ritu has done enough to be part of B teams or 3rd X1

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

If Patidar does well here he will put himself above Sarfraz. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

In LOI cricket he already is...  I'd say he does look International standard contrary to Sarfaraz. 

Sky will replace Iyer for NZ series-- most probably. He deserves a go.

Edited by Chakdephatte
3 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Sky will replace Iyer-- most probably. He deserves to.

In ODIs? While I agree sky should be in ODIs but Iyer has scored the most odi runs last year and has been the best bat in that format.  How can you drop him unless the “eye test” excuse which outside of ICF doesn’t really work.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

In ODIs? While I agree sky should be in ODIs but Iyer has scored the most odi runs last year and has been the best bat in that format.  How can you drop him unless the “eye test” excuse which outside of ICF doesn’t really work.

For NZ series. I will edit it.

Edited by Chakdephatte

Patidar wont be a chance..Kishan and SKY will bat in MO..in KLs and Iyer's absence..

I wanted Patidar to be given a try but they would like to keep a limited set for odi wcup..

unless Patidar has a breathtaking IPL season..it will be difficult for him to pip any one else from odi team..