This should be the last test

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  1. Iyer- If u cant play a 127k bouncer, u have no place in international cricket. Even Raina use get in problem if the bowlers were 140k+.  Also  we are yet to see a **** show of his against moving balls and it will be embarssing
  2. Vihari- hardly has ever looked comfertable and now he has had decent amount of chances 

Problem is both of them can score heavy in home conditions n screw us big time overseas . Their home number will keep saving their spots 

+1.         If u look at the indian cricket fixture, there is hardly any test series scheduled in SENA in the next one and a half year.  Till 2024, the Calender is packed with t20s and Odis only, both home and away.  So, all these glaring short comings of useless batsmen like Iyer & Vihari will be completely brushed under the carpet, as they will rack up tons at home.  Only to screw us badly in the next SENA test series. 

Just now, Frustrated said:

+1.         If u look at the indian cricket fixture, there is hardly any test series scheduled in SENA in the next one and a half year.  Till 2024, the Calender is packed with t20s and Odis only, both home and away.  So, all these glaring short comings of useless batsmen like Iyer & Vihari will be completely brushed under the carpet, as they will rack up tons at home.  Only to screw us badly in the next SENA test series. 

yes i fear the same and tbh we do lack quality options in test cricket when it comes to batting

Usual suspects calling for the head of Iyer..  Guy who is playing 1st test in SENA.  Yes he has weakness but so did Azhar Ali from short stuff..  It's upto him how he works on it. 

His game against fuller length looks okay with a good square drive in his arsenal & plays late.  Could have a Rahul like Tour next time.  Great square cut as well. 

Vihari has to go. 

Kohli has to go

Gujara has to go (no utility in coming 2 years) 

Siraj back to the grind...  Bowl seam up. 

Thakur end of Int'l career. 

3 hours ago, mani sha said:

Imagine if Sachin was not given a break at 16 

the current selectors are stupid not to see people like SRK a straight draft into the team . Idiots didn’t even play bharat though clearly he is better than many of our stars . 

Bhai which SRK are you talking about, if it's Shahrukh Khan of Tamil Nadu then he's just a spin basher.
Hope you're talking about Sarfaraz....who is should be considered for no 5.

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Usual suspects calling for the head of Iyer..  Guy who is playing 1st test in SENA.  Yes he has weakness but so did Azhar Ali from short stuff..  It's upto him how he works on it. 

His game against fuller length looks okay with a good square drive in his arsenal & plays late.  Could have a Rahul like Tour next time.  Great square cut as well. 

Vihari has to go. 

Kohli has to go

Gujara has to go (no utility in coming 2 years) 

Siraj back to the grind...  Bowl seam up. 

Thakur end of Int'l career. 

Yes, it was the 1st SENA test series for s Iyer.  But u forgot to mention that he has played around 6 to 7 ODI series in SENA and everytime got out to short ball cheaply even on pattas.   He is worse than S Raina when it comes to short stuff.  

I am not sure how to comprehend this loss,
Gill
Kohli
Iyer
Vihari
Thakur
Shami

More than half of the team failed in this test. I put Shami reluctantly but even he flattered despite being the most experienced bowler in the line-up (his 3rd tour as well). We can't expect to win matches with so many failures.

Anyway, I don't have much hope with batting. Pretty sure Iyer, Vihari and Gill wil make way for Rahane, Rahul and Rohit. Kohli will score a 50 in home conditions and will start behaving like a teenager and camera man will keep on following him to make headlines. 

2 hours ago, Adamant said:

Posters were comparing Siraj with Shaheen :hysterical:

They have my sympathies. 

Siraj still has achieved more than shaheen ever will in test cricket. Bg series win was partly due to combo of siraj pant Gill ans thakur.

3 of those players unfortunately have performed poorly here. Thakur did well until the last 3 test matches. Siraj too. 

42 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Yes, it was the 1st SENA test series for s Iyer.  But u forgot to mention that he has played around 6 to 7 ODI series in SENA and everytime got out to short ball cheaply even on pattas.   He is worse than S Raina when it comes to short stuff.  

Nothing he can't work on...  Raina I think will be gun in modern Test era..  A left hander with so many scoring shots.  

With how Test cricket is evolving we need stroke players with decent defense...  Especially in SENA & also in India on raging turners. 

9 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Nothing he can't work on...  Raina I think will be gun in modern Test era..  A left hander with so many scoring shots.  

With how Test cricket is evolving we need stroke players with decent defense...  Especially in SENA & also in India on raging turners. 

I have never seen 4th 5th day pitches get this flat since 2000 era lmao. 

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

I also felt the same as to how he will deal with 140+ deliveries. But in Tests, you can actually leave short ball deliveries over 140 kph easily. He can keep leaving those deliveries. There will anyways be only two such deliveries in an over.

When the pace is 125-135, it is then when he looks to play it and gets out. This can be improved with time. 

Having said that, he is not suited to tests overseas especially when the ball will swing in overcast conditions. Hence, no point backing him long.

Only Gill and Sundar are the two names that should be backed more than anothers imo.

I would have had sympathy for Iyer if he got a snorter or got out trying to evade a sharp bouncer.  Or even if he got hit a couple of times & was trying to escape.

Here he was playing expansive pull shots as if it is the 20th over in IPL.  I'd ground him for a few matches just for the sheer lack of match awareness.

A test series in England on the line & you do that?! (thought not his fault alone obviously).

I have some observations from the test match:

- Not playing the final test last year.  England were in disarray and India would have most likely won the series 3-1

- Dravid as coach - too conservative. He needs to be willing to move on from failures to players with higher risk/reward potential.

- Captaincy - Bumrah totally failed in the tactical dept.  Maybe he was too caught up in his bowling. Either way, in the absence of Rohit and Rahul, Kohli should have been asked to take the reins for this test.

- Selections - I can't understand the fixation with Vihari. He is a poor man's Pujara who adds pressure onto his batting partner and team with his approach. And then gets out.  Also Thakur who is worse than useless.

- Shreyas Iyer - Until he learns how to play the short ball, should only play in test matches in India. 

- Rishabh Pant - I would love to understand why a man who has the bowling at his mercy would time and time again constantly throw it all away with a totally brainless shot. Leaving the team in dire straits. 

- Shubman Gill -  is not an opening batsman. He should be batting at 4 or 5.  Perhaps later on at 3.  A stint in English county cricket would do him good. He is a future India captain.

- Kohli - unlucky with the 2nd innings brute of a delivery. However there is only so long India can absorb an under 30 average from their no. 4.

- The fast bowling attacks is jaded and seems either over the hill or on the downslope. New blood is urgently needed and there are a few that were thrown up from last IPL. = Malik/Mohshin and so on.

- Time for batting changes -  Indian selectors need to show some guts - Washington Sundar and Tilak Varma should be in the XI for the next test match, whenever.  Yash Jaiswal should be in the squad. 

However from past experience I expect all of these failures from BCCI and the players to be swept under the rug again as everyone moves on to extended IPL and big sponsorship deals.

On 7/4/2022 at 10:29 AM, maniac said:

He should. Yes I know he sucks against pace and all that but baraabar mauka do phir nikalo. Osool ki baat hai.

That's not gonna help him...ask him to sort it out in domestics and then come and be successful ..door should be open for him but right now he is sitting ducks..we can't carry so many passengers in the team

45 minutes ago, Sloane84 said:

I have some observations from the test match:

- Not playing the final test last year.  England were in disarray and India would have most likely won the series 3-1

- Dravid as coach - too conservative. He needs to be willing to move on from failures to players with higher risk/reward potential.

- Captaincy - Bumrah totally failed in the tactical dept.  Maybe he was too caught up in his bowling. Either way, in the absence of Rohit and Rahul, Kohli should have been asked to take the reins for this test.

- Selections - I can't understand the fixation with Vihari. He is a poor man's Pujara who adds pressure onto his batting partner and team with his approach. And then gets out.  Also Thakur who is worse than useless.

- Shreyas Iyer - Until he learns how to play the short ball, should only play in test matches in India. 

- Rishabh Pant - I would love to understand why a man who has the bowling at his mercy would time and time again constantly throw it all away with a totally brainless shot. Leaving the team in dire straits. 

- Shubman Gill -  is not an opening batsman. He should be batting at 4 or 5.  Perhaps later on at 3.  A stint in English county cricket would do him good. He is a future India captain.

- Kohli - unlucky with the 2nd innings brute of a delivery. However there is only so long India can absorb an under 30 average from their no. 4.

- The fast bowling attacks is jaded and seems either over the hill or on the downslope. New blood is urgently needed and there are a few that were thrown up from last IPL. = Malik/Mohshin and so on.

- Time for batting changes -  Indian selectors need to show some guts - Washington Sundar and Tilak Varma should be in the XI for the next test match, whenever.  Yash Jaiswal should be in the squad. 

However from past experience I expect all of these failures from BCCI and the players to be swept under the rug again as everyone moves on to extended IPL and big sponsorship deals.

There is method in rishabs madness..those reverse sweep etc keeps the bowler under pressure.. if bowlers try to think to not get hit...then then don't try to get you out .