Sir Don Pandya needs to be groomed for LOI captaincy

zen

2 hours ago, zen said:

Showcases great qualities as a leader, needs more experience for fine tuning. 

Also fits the pattern of someone who can win India world cup -> i.e. a MO batsman who can both bat & bowl (or keep). 

He appears to be the guy :thumb:

he may (or may not) be the guy, but selectors will give every Kela (KL), Ass (Ashwin), and D**k (DK) the chance before pandu

11 minutes ago, zen said:

Sir Don appears to be the favorite now for most including the selectors - Link

"BCCI Official Reportedly Says" as per this link. Nah, it's not gonna happen. selectors are fond of that sweet, sweet nepotism, and they enjoy kowtowing to Fatty McFats (rohit) and Brat too much

Captaincy is one part, we need to start grooming multi skilled player specially in white ball cricket. A Deepak Chahar , hooda, venkatesh iyer, have that additional dimension, see if they can stepup. Sundar has to play every white ball game from here on. He is the only one who has skill both with bat and ball. 

9 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Captaincy is one part, we need to start grooming multi skilled player specially in white ball cricket. A Deepak Chahar , hooda, venkatesh iyer, have that additional dimension, see if they can stepup. Sundar has to play every white ball game from here on. He is the only one who has skill both with bat and ball. 

Glass man sundar has something more prominent than skill - he has the "gift" of being always injured.

2 hours ago, zen said:

Sir Don has been identified as a leader and rightly so. After a long time, I have faith in an Indian captain. 

I would like to see how he learns from the mistakes that he makes. I remember that in IPL, he was a quick learner. 

the only captain that I had absolute faith in was azhar - because certain outcomes (win or loss) were guaranteed beforehand