What is the point of IPL?

FischerTal

I don’t follow cricket like before and restrict myself to Tourney crickets so I admit I don’t have knowledge about most of the current affairs of Indian cricket but I had a question regarding this T20 WC. A lot of the finer talents seem to have been sidelined to keep the old guard happy along with their chamchas. In such circumstances where even getting a victory against Bangladesh seems to be a challenging affair, one must ask what is the point of IPL if the best players of the tournament are not picked for the T20 WC? Also, why is BCCI not allowing Indian players to participate in foreign T20 leagues? I mean how do you expect our players to get acclimatized to those conditions like a Buttler or Miller does in India while playing IPL?

Agree that Indian Cricketers should be allowed to participate in other leagues. This is nothing but greed on BCCIs part. Chewtiya BCCI babus do not care about welfare of Indian Cricket. For them Cricket is a money minting machine. Bhaad mein Jaye World cups and Trophies, no one cares for that, as long as IPL is making Billions they are not bothered.

Indian fans please make peace with the fact that BCCI is not bothered with winning tournaments. If we are lucky, we will win an odd trophy here and there once in 2 decades.

Other times, watch IPL tamasha and dance like fools in the Isles. 

16 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Agree that Indian Cricketers should be allowed to participate in other leagues. This is nothing but greed on BCCIs part. Chewtiya BCCI babus do not care about welfare of Indian Cricket. For them Cricket is a money minting machine. Bhaad mein Jaye World cups and Trophies, no one cares for that, as long as IPL is making Billions they are not bothered.

Indian fans please make peace with the fact that BCCI is not bothered with winning tournaments. If we are lucky, we will win an odd trophy here and there once in 2 decades.

Not one single fast bowler who can bowl consistently above 140 and they expect to win in Australia. I’m not up to date with IPL but surely there are better bowlers than Bhuvi and Shami in the league. What else can you expect when someone like Tondu Shah can be made BCCI Secretary despite not knowing how to hold a bat? They don’t give a rats ass about playing for national team. Bumrah chewtiye ki injury chali jayegi IPL mein prakat ho jayega bhosdiwala 

Just make peace some of the better players or in some cases better equipped players in IPL just won't be selected for India because the ineptitude of captain, selectors and management to pick horses for courses players for conditions, match-ups and fitness.

Every tournament that goes by Indian XI comes across as a government PSU loaded with undeserving and inefficient workers whilst best ones are now found in IPL.

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

The best ones were there but they weren't good enough ,and our players are not developed properly to fit into a team,so there are lot of loopholes.

Ashwin, Axar- are they really the best spinners in India?

rahul, rohit- I can think of atleast 4 better opening batsmen than these chaps

bhuvi, Shami- they have been getting tonked for a while now. 

Surely this is not the best India has to offer. 

31 minutes ago, chewy said:

Just make peace some of the better players or in some cases better equipped players in IPL just won't be selected for India because the ineptitude of captain, selectors and management to pick horses for courses players for conditions, match-ups and fitness.

Every tournament that goes by Indian XI comes across as a government PSU loaded with undeserving and inefficient workers whilst best ones are now found in IPL.

Instagram pe gaaf hila ne ko bolo toh trophy jeet ke aayenge… 

jokes aside, there is no hunger or passion while playing for the national side. I mean I’m not saying things were hunky dory with past cricketers but this new generation will show more emotion if they lose an ad sponsor over winning a WC.

Edited by FischerTal
13 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Whom will they pick? the wrist spinners can't bat so they they picked those 2 in the 11,as I said there are too many loopholes.

The batsmen now can't play spin otherwise they did score against the pacers vs England.

As if Ashwin and Axar are Bradman with the bat. Neither can take a single wicket to save their lives. 

2 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Atleast Ashwin won that match vs pak,imagine one of the wrist spinners or pace bowlers walking in there.

As for pace bowling ,we have always had issues.Same with wrist spin ,how many wrist spinners did we have before Ipl.

That’s not their job. He’s not an all rounder by any means. His job is to take wickets. Ashwin lost far more matches with his horrible bowling along with Axar. 

2 hours ago, FischerTal said:

Not one single fast bowler who can bowl consistently above 140 and they expect to win in Australia. I’m not up to date with IPL but surely there are better bowlers than Bhuvi and Shami in the league. 

They left out or had to leave out 9 of the 10 quickest pacers in IPL 2022.

They left out all the 7 tall hit the deck pacers operating in IPL 2022.

And we were playing in Australia  !!

Edited by express bowling
3 hours ago, FischerTal said:

That’s not their job. He’s not an all rounder by any means. His job is to take wickets. Ashwin lost far more matches with his horrible bowling along with Axar. 

The TM know that 2 of the top 3 are always passengers.

Which is why they want batting at 8 

Which means a weaker bowler has to be picked in most cases.

Edited by express bowling

Corruption, money laundering and most importantly of all- paisa... the rich will get rich and the players will oblige as long as they are paid well. Their powerful lobbyists and reps will ensure they remain in the team. Their focus has shifted from giving 200% for Team India to ensuring they are fit for IPL, Instagram reels and advertisements.

The sooner chewtiye Indian fans make peace that Team India and BCCI is not prioritising international cricket anymore and its all a façade, nothing will change. YOU are the ones attending IPL matches, YOU are the ones buying products endorsed by these shameless players. YOU are the root cause of the problem

21 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Why is India playing t20s and odis in NZ or eng playing odis in aus after the wt20.It's all about money ,ads and TV/ streaming revenue

Yes but NZ, eng or Aus fans arent as chetiye diehard obsessive Indian ones.. none of them would probably tune in. money is made primarily whenever India plays someone esp for the BCCI. This is their secondary but official primary oncome so they need to be seen to milking it but their true priority is IPL and protecting its money making ability

4 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

I dont think I can ever make peace with that, but I realised that winning tournaments is farthest from the minds of our selectors and even the TM! They want to preserve faster bowlers for the IPL, to glam it up with the speed-guns. They pick trundlers and "star" batsmen to ensure good TRPs. If the chips fall in place, we reach the SF. If not, it's another early exit with "just one tournament which happens every x years does not define a career" bs. IPL is what the babus and players live for. WC is a country cousin to be kept at arm's length.