Almost everything is wrong with Indian T20I team

Majestic

Batting - Kishan, Pant, Iyer, Hooda are not good enough. Rahul is a mental midget. Rohit is past prime and faked intent in bilaterals only. Kohli is only a matter of time before going past his prime. His S/R is already in a vulnerable stage.

Bowling - Bhuvi is a scam, Harshal is a scam. All the spinners that we play are scam. We play bits and pieces spinner at 7 and then replace them with another bits and pieces option. It is scam all the way. Indian TM don't want to back genuine pace bowlers like Umran because they are delusional thinking others have done fine and hence can't be dropped. Bumrah remains injured half of the times and then chokes in big games. :facepalm:

Positives - The only positive in batting is SKY. Everything else is messed up.

All rounder Pandya is doing well and young pacers are doing well. Clearly, the problem is down to lack of exposure and backing of youngsters from selectors and team management. They think all is well thanks to our bilateral performances.

20 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Batting - Kishan, Pant, Iyer, Hooda are not good enough. Rahul is a mental midget. Rohit is past prime and faked intent in bilaterals only. Kohli is only a matter of time before going past his prime. His S/R is already in a vulnerable stage.

Bowling - Bhuvi is a scam, Harshal is a scam. All the spinners that we play are scam. We play bits and pieces spinner at 7 and then replace them with another bits and pieces option. It is scam all the way. Indian TM don't want to back genuine pace bowlers like Umran because they are delusional thinking others have done fine and hence can't be dropped. Bumrah remains injured half of the times and then chokes in big games. :facepalm:

Positives - The only positive in batting is SKY. Everything else is messed up.

All rounder Pandya is doing well and young pacers are doing well. Clearly, the problem is down to lack of exposure and backing of youngsters from selectors and team management. They think all is well thanks to our bilateral performances.

This will be a long transition process and need lot more patience as long as direction taken is on right lines . In a 2 match series i cannot find too much wrong apart from 3 trundlers in a single match in 3rd T20. Maybe Umran should have got a look in. Even that is fine if he gets a chance in 2 one dayers out of 3 as 50 overs gives a chance to come back better and good fast & accurate bowling will be a good option in 50 overs and hence could be Umran may fare better in 50 overs. Results might not come straight away.

Need to really ask ourselves what do we want ?

1.We do not want seniors past their peak.

2. We do not want trundlers 

3. We do not want mental midgets 

4. We do not want bowlers who cannot bat 

5. We do not want tuk tuk approach.

Obviously to overcome above issues 

1. Need to play aggressively. Aggressive cricket will bring these kinds of collapses. Younger players who now do not have much exposure  and they will play aggressively and risky shots.

2. If we are not happy with younger players who played  , do we have better players than these ? I think only Samson  among batters did not play who is purely  a short format player. Plus we need to give a decent run to these guys before we run after another set of new players .

3. Need to accept we do not have certain types of players to make an ideal T20 team  - Eg. Bolwers who can bat or field well, spinners who take wickets regularly in MO., lower order power hitters.

would be fine if 

1. TM & Selectors identify younger players with the main objective of finding next set of players in place of old players in these bilaterals. Select young players better suited to T20 and give them a decent run.

2. Give a decent run to the current set of younger players selected like Ishan, Pant , Hooda, Samson , Pant to either succeed or fail. Every one will not succeed . Retain the successful ones and then move onto next set like Tripathi, Patidar ,Shaw . These should be the core T20 players for now to be tested.

3. Review some of the players performance in T20 and assess are they right choice for T20 as of now - players like Pant, Iyer , Washy., Jaddu

4. Introduce more young pace bowlers to build pace bowling pool for T20 - This is where selectors have failed big time. Fail to fathom why they fear losses in bilaterlas by selecting young pacers ? Selectors must make it very clear that they are building a new bowling attack and players will not crucified if some matches are lost . It is quite possible that a Umran, Sen  etc  may be taken to cleaners by teams but give them a decent run.

5. Stop selecting players who are playing for more than 6-7 years for every match ,  better select younger alternatives of them -cases like Bhuvi, Jaddu, Chahal 

6. Focus on batters with higher SR for T20 BUT those should not have apparent weakness against any one kind of bowling like pace or spin .

7. Focus on pacers having more than one tool to succeed - Pace with decent control  , Swing/Seam, Bounce , Defensive bowling skillsets . 

51 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Need to really ask ourselves what do we want ?

1.We do not want seniors past their peak.

2. We do not want trundlers 

3. We do not want mental midgets 

4. We do not want bowlers who cannot bat 

5. We do not want tuk tuk approach.

This is exactly what Team India want. 

What we want is immaterial.

Edited by express bowling

Iyer hasn't done anything in T20s. He was always going to be a misfit in this format. Even more outside India where his utility will be very limited.

But I think Pant and Kishan can work out well in longer run. Much better than 2 cowards who opened for us in world cup. Those 2 baklols ruined our last 2 t20 world cups.

Edited by Number
7 minutes ago, Number said:

Iyer hasn't done anything in T20s. He was always going to be a misfit in this format. Even more outside India where his utility will be very limited.

But I think Pant and Kishan can work out well in longer run. Much better than 2 cowards who opened for us in world cup. Those 2 baklols ruined our last 2 t20 world cups.

Pant and Kishan were given chances which they didn’t grab. Those two were performing against Eng, SA and Aus and hence it made sense to back them. Pant and Kishan didn’t light  up the pitch here too. But I agree they need more chances. All TM could have tried was to disrupt the top3 . Anyhow Kela or Rohit will drop out, most likely former. Shaw should get in

19 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Pant and Kishan were given chances which they didn’t grab. Those two were performing against Eng, SA and Aus and hence it made sense to back them. Pant and Kishan didn’t light  up the pitch here too. But I agree they need more chances. All TM could have tried was to disrupt the top3 . Anyhow Kela or Rohit will drop out, most likely former. Shaw should get in

Rohit was actually struggling. The issues got magnified on Australian tracks. 

Kela Rahul is the best batsman when he does not get cold feet. I think time to move on from him in this format.

Edited by Number

I will persist with Kishan for a while. He shows good attitude. We need a good unit. Pant has to go. He is ruining his other format game as well. Get Samson in. Hooda can stay around as he brings in utility value, Bring in Thakur or Chahar in place of Bhuvi.  Kick out Chahal. As i said if Chahal can't deliver 9 out of 10 times he has no place in the side as he can't field or bat.  We just need a partner for Kishan.   You don't need perfect players. you need perfect unit all of whom can chip in , in every match.

3 minutes ago, cricketfan28 said:

The result would have been the more or less the same if a young team is selected for wc and lost to Pakistan since there won't be kohli.

This is a randomly assembled side.  So they need a while to figure out the roles for themselves. I do not want to go back to those guys.