Devon Conway is the best all format batter in the world.

maniac

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Hasn't done it for a longer period of time...

True but wouldn’t be applicable if he was from Ind-Pak or even Aus-Eng.

labuschagne was spoken like Bradman even before he did anything even though he is morphing into one these days in tests.

I think he is their best batsman and more impactful/consistent  than Williamson,

1 minute ago, maniac said:

True but wouldn’t be applicable if he was from Ind-Pak or even Aus-Eng.

labuschagne was spoken like Bradman even before he did anything even though he is morphing into one these days in tests.

I think he is their best batsman and more impactful/consistent  than Williamson,

That's big market vs small market for you - England < Australia < India - in terms of hype about 'quality' batsmen that gets acceptable currency in the cricket fraternity.  If there's an England batsman with a fraction of Conway's performances, he'd be knighted already.

Another RSA product. Man the quality of these white RSA players is something else. Labuschagne is another one!!!!

Conway is already 31, moved to NZ  in 2017 and became eligible to represent them in 2020-21.

If not for the quota/exodus RSA could have fielded this batting lineup some 8-9 years back

G. Smith

Strauss

Amla

Kallis

KP

ABDV

Prior

Backups: Conway, Trott, Faf

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Another RSA product. Man the quality of these white RSA players is something else. Labuschagne is another one!!!!

Conway is already 31, moved to NZ  in 2017 and became eligible to represent them in 2020-21.

If not for the quota/exodus RSA could have fielded this batting lineup some 8-9 years back

G. Smith

Strauss

Amla

Kallis

KP

ABDV

Prior

Jason Roy is also S.African and probably David Malan too.

In the past Kepler Wessels, Alan Lamb etc.

I wonder if Netherlands will eventually see a lot of quality SA/Zim whites who have Dutch origin, playing for them as they continue to move out of SA/Zim

14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Even Andy Flower is from Cape Town. My God the talent they produced :laugh:

Now I am ready to believe those who say the 70s/80s RSA team would have been even better than ATG WI. 

BJ Watling, Neil Wegner, Colin Munro, Grant Eliot are SA born. England's upcoming pacer Brydon Carse is also SA born. And here SA are playing Bavuma as captain:giggle: 

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

G. Smith

Strauss

Amla

Kallis

KP

ABDV

Prior

My word. That is some unreal batting strength. India can no way produce such quality batsmen for foreign conditions. Our batting has always been under par overseas until ganaguly took over. 

Even then most times we lose to SA or nz in close encounters, it's always the batsmens fault. Piss poor batting that can't play swing and don't have the temperament to last long on pattas.

On 1/27/2023 at 9:46 AM, Gollum said:

Now I am ready to believe those who say the 70s/80s RSA team would have been even better than ATG WI. 

WI roared into form only from late 70s onward. SA of late 60s to late 70s was the best ever team for those who saw their players in domestics. Lee Irvine and Denis Lindsay were both Gilly prototypes - aggressive batter-keepers; deadly bowlers in Pollock & Proctor, with the excellent Le Roux and van der Bilj as backups; ARs galore - apart from proctor-pollock, there was eddie barlow, le roux, and the fierce clive rice (would be captain). batting was very good, with two ATGs in barry richards (the "true" richards) and graeme pollock (perhaps greatest ever LHB) and v. good support batters like eddie (barlow).

On 1/27/2023 at 8:16 PM, Gollum said:

They would have choked in World Cups too. But yes in tests, they would have been surely the second best team of that generation atleast.

On 1/27/2023 at 8:16 PM, Gollum said:

Neil Johnson is also South Africa born. SA used to have very good all-rounders. Mike Proctor and Clive Rice were from apartheid era. In the 90s, they had Macmillan, Kallis, Klusener and Pollock. I think the 96 and 99 World Cups were the biggest wasted opportunity for SA. 

On 1/28/2023 at 12:43 AM, maniac said:

Jason Roy is also S.African and probably David Malan too.

In the past Kepler Wessels, Alan Lamb etc.

I wonder if Netherlands will eventually see a lot of quality SA/Zim whites who have Dutch origin, playing for them as they continue to move out of SA/Zim

afrikaners are descended from 17th and 18th century dutch people (and heavily mixed), they dont get ancestry visa's   

On 1/31/2023 at 8:12 AM, waga said:

afrikaners are descended from 17th and 18th century dutch people (and heavily mixed), they dont get ancestry visa's   

Afrikaners are a mixture of Dutch, huguenots and french, thou the common language is Afrikaans a Dutch dialect the Huguenots make up the majority, de Villiers, faf, cronje, steyn, de kock are all Huguenots. Strauss was of German origin. Conway, smith, miller British origin.