Arshdeep joins Kent to play County

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/arshdeep-singh-joins-kent-for-county-championship-2023-1363989

Based on what? Does someone know what Arshdeep has done in Ranji trophy to get this gig? Im all for people getting first class exposure in other countries but Arshdeep is nowhere near the test team or is it the plan for him to get there by Dravid? 

31 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

He is international cricketer. That is enough to justify his selection. There are enough spots in county cricket.

13 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

We are talking about a domestic county team and not the English test team lol.

Any player who plays International cricket for the top 5 teams is good enough for county. 

But he plays in the wrong format- unless he's been planned to be in the Test team in the future this doesn't make sense. He should be playing the 100 or Vitality blast 50 over crocket in England as THAT makes more sense.

You both are suffering from Format mix up that Indian TM suffers from. Indian test team selection is based on IPL performances :facepalm:

Not sure why OP is so upset about this.  Its a good move by a young player to learn about conditions in England and develop his skillset.  Add to that he's a leftarmer.  Its hard to find a negative here of any sort.  So again, not clear why any Indian fan wouldn't be happy about this. 

Unless you have some sort of pathological obsession with 'hating' on pace bowlers who aren't express....

Just now, sandeep said:

Not sure why OP is so upset about this.  Its a good move by a young player to learn about conditions in England and develop his skillset.  Add to that he's a leftarmer.  Its hard to find a negative here of any sort.  So again, not clear why any Indian fan wouldn't be happy about this. 

Unless you have some sort of pathological obsession with 'hating' on pace bowlers who aren't express....

Do you feel by playing in County which mostly  is now played in the first and back end of the english summer ( MAy and september) which only is helpful for trundlers ( this is admitted by english cricketers themselves) how will this improve Arshdeep in his red ball cricket. I get if he was signed up to play for the white ball tournaments in England then yes more Indias should come play that. But if you arent a IndianTest regular or in line for playing Tests then this move is simply puzzling and doesnt add much value

8 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

But he plays in the wrong format- unless he's been planned to be in the Test team in the future this doesn't make sense. He should be playing the 100 or Vitality blast 50 over crocket in England as THAT makes more sense.

You both are suffering from Format mix up that Indian TM suffers from. Indian test team selection is based on IPL performances :facepalm:

Indian TM is not selecting county teams. 

First class me kya wrong format. He isn't playing for India there. He will play whatever he can.

I think most posters seem to think for some reason Arshdeep is somehow going to turn into a Starc ready for test matches for India after learning about English conditions.

My OPINION is that based on his format which he plays primarily for India, he should play white ball cricket in England which will in my OPINION will add more value to him. He’s a free person he can do whatever he likes obv.

Somehow mob mentality is very prevalent here..

Edited by LordPrabhzy

I think most posters seem to think for some reason Arshdeep is somehow going to turn into a Starc ready for test matches for India after learning about English conditions.

My OPINION is that based on his format which he plays primarily for India, he should play white ball cricket in England which will in my OPINION will add more value to him. He’s a free person he can do whatever he likes obv.

Somehow mob mentality is very prevalent here..

It's a job for cricketers. Any cricketer will pick most of the opportunities irrespective of formats. Their career lasts for 10-15 years max.

Why should he not pick this opportunity to earn his livelihood when he is not a regular in Indian side?