Atiq Ahmad, his brother Ashraf shot dead in Prayagraj, 3 attackers arrested

Austin 3:!6

Gangster-turned-politician Atiq Ahmad whose son Asad was killed in an encounter on Thursday was shot dead in Prayagraj on Saturday. According to the reports, the firing took place inside MLN Medical College premises where they were being taken for medical examination in Prayagraj. As more details are emerging about the incident, news agency PTI reported that two-three people opened fire on them. On Saturday, the last rites of Atiq Ahmad's son Asad Ahamd were performed and Atiq was not present.

The killing was caught live on television channels as Atiq and Ashraf were about to speak to the media. Sounds of indiscriminate fire were heard as Atiq and Ashraf collapsed on the ground.

Atiq Ahmad, his brother Ashraf shot dead in Prayagraj, 3 attackers arrested | Latest News India - Hindustan Times

The three attackers identified as Sunny, Lovelesh and Arun have been arrested.

Edited by Austin 3:!6

3 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

This is absolute lawlessness. These guys needed to be hanged not killed the way they were, we will pay a price for these kind of killings. 

It seems it is a hit job by a rival gang. But whatever it be, his death despite the presence of the police reflects poorly on their ability to safeguard people in their custody. 

1 hour ago, nevada said:

He said Guddu Muslim before he was killed. What does that mean? Who is Guddu? 

He was right hand of atiq & pretty close to him. He was part of the umesh pal murder (along with 2 police constables) and probably planned that murder. Just saw news few minutes ago that he too got caught in nashik now.

I don't think that anyone is shedding tears over the fact that a gangster was knocked off.

But the enthusiastic glee with which people are celebrating this execution as some sort of outlaw justice is extremely disheartening.

Assume for a moment, the person killed was a dreaded gangster, who happened to be Hindu. And his killers yelled " Allahu Akbar" as they shot him. Putting an honest hand to your heart, would you react the same way? 

I heard some sound bytes on a news channel re:this topic and Owaisi sounded like the most sane person on the panel.

I fear for India. I really do. I shouldn't be agreeing with Owaisi on anything.