"Muslims of India support Pakistan against India": Rana Naved-ul-Hasan makes controversial statement ahead of Indo-Pak 2023 World Cup game

Gollum

Cricket feels like a boring sport , cricketers (most of them) have no substance...I last saw ipl 6 yrs back ... have stopped following international cricket except some World cup games...all the strong sporting countries do not play cricket, only UK and Australia do, there as well it is not a primary sport...one radicalized nation called Pakistan with players mixing religion and sports play the sport, making the sport uncool ...

I like to watch wrestling, kabaddi and overall Olympic sports and Indian Olympic scene 

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You should learn to live in present times. Persia was Islamized in 15 years, we are still fighting Islamization in Kashmir after 1200 years, some perspective is needed.

Yes, whoever thinks it’s not a religious war, is an ostrich with heads in sand. 

In my experience, it’s more inclined with @Suhaanand @Norman, I feel many of them root for Pakistan secretly  in a cricket match. But I have also come across many like @zubinpepsi@Mariyam and @Sooda too  who are staunch India fans. So I want to believe in the latter. This thread should be in Chit Chat section.

in response to your post, recruitment for army  in J&K is more mainly because of a sole source of employment in J&K, there is no IT or manufacturing industry there.

I pray there is no civil war in India like what Obama is threatening , India should not only fight outside forces on the ground , but inside ones to hold the narrative. Minorities are not dying in India nor is democracy in peril. 

I agree minorities are in no danger in India but instead are prosperous compared to our neighbors (Inc China/Myanmar) 

Political views aside as they are vote banks of political parties but deep down everyone knows it.. 

I was actually saying deporting 20 cr+ Muslims is not only unrealistic & impossible but also a absolute nightmarish scenario of India as a country & its very survival. 

Some were mentioning it as if it is like kicking out several thousand illegal Rohingyas... & we can do it easily.  That's naive to imagine & they probably don't have any idea about how things work in reality or consequences. 

Coming to JK & army recruitment...  Yes it is major source of employment...  As historically it is only region besides Punjab that has 3 Infantry regiments named after itself.  

So recruitment percentage per million people is very High. 

Bengal is a lawless region & has virtually no comparison with JK which has miniscule crime rate... Security is top draw thanks to heavy deployment. 

Terrorism factor will always be there thanks to Pakistan but that's more of a external issue. 

11 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You should learn to live in present times. Persia was Islamized in 15 years, we are still fighting Islamization in Kashmir after 1200 years, some perspective is needed.

Yes, whoever thinks it’s not a religious war, is an ostrich with heads in sand. 

In my experience, it’s more inclined with @Suhaanand @Norman, I feel many of them root for Pakistan secretly  in a cricket match. But I have also come across many like @zubinpepsi@Mariyam and @Sooda too  who are staunch India fans. So I want to believe in the latter. This thread should be in Chit Chat section.

in response to your post, recruitment for army  in J&K is more mainly because of a sole source of employment in J&K, there is no IT or manufacturing industry there.

I pray there is no civil war in India like what Obama is threatening , India should not only fight outside forces on the ground , but inside ones to hold the narrative. Minorities are not dying in India nor is democracy in peril. 

My second team is whoever is playing Pakistan

I EVEN support Australia against them.

On 7/16/2023 at 1:10 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

That’s why a whole country was made for them after partition. Each and every single one of them

must be thrown out to Pakistan where they rightfully belong. Vahan pe jitna hagna hai hago. Hame baksho 

You have thrown yourself out of India. 

Because of the history of the subcontinent I do not support Muslim nations in any sport. There was an Indian Muslim at work getting excited about Morocco's run in the football World Cup but I just told him they were a boring team that was ruining football, it seemed to upset him lol. 

The Indian muslims probably have mixed feelings. If a Pakistani Sikh played against an Indian Non Sikh in an individual sport I would probably be neutral. I suspect that's how the majority of Indian muslims feel. Likewise Pakistani Hindus in Sindh probably have some feelings towards India. 

This is human nature.

At the end of the day a Hindu in India would much rather his daughter marry a Pakistani Hindu than an Indian Muslim. 

38 minutes ago, khadekhademaaro said:

They can go to Pakistan. GOI can set up an initiative. All those who like  can go and stay there.

But you could also say all of the people in England who support India should be sent to India. They even have a supporters group called the Bharat Army here that wave Indian flags despite being born here. Modi fans sold out Wembley Stadium when he visiyed, somehow I doubt the same people would bother going to a stadium where Boris Johnson or David Cameron were making an appearance, or even Sunak! 

8 hours ago, Under_Score said:

It is a well known fact that 'Religion connection' is more stronger in Muslims towards other Muslims from different parts of the globe in comparison to other communities. Also another thing, growing up in one of the best cities in India ( B'lore ) I did notice that Hindu - Muslim friction was always there. For instance, I used to have a dealership of Polyester non-woven interlinings, many of my customers were Apparel manufacturers/Exporters. Once I was referred to a new client by my existing client Mr. Shetty. He gave me a business card & told me...these were his exact words....."Even though he is a Muslim, but nice guy" 

Well this is normal. Naturally people will be suspicious of Muslims after 1947, that is just basic pattern recognition. 

I've had numerous muslims try to convert me over the years and as a result of this I keep them at an arms distance and never befriend them, just keep it professional and polite at work. Here in the UK they are over represented in crime and that is another reason to avoid them, again just pattern recognition which is in built in our survival mechanism. 

3 hours ago, Ranvir said:

But you could also say all of the people in England who support India should be sent to India. They even have a supporters group called the Bharat Army here that wave Indian flags despite being born here. Modi fans sold out Wembley Stadium when he visiyed, somehow I doubt the same people would bother going to a stadium where Boris Johnson or David Cameron were making an appearance, or even Sunak! 

Bhai, wrong comparison. Totally wrong.

India and UK are not mortal enemies. Diplomatically we have decent enough relations, our armies regularly participate in joint military drills....economically, culturally as well not bad....can be better but at least not a disaster. Pakistan OTOH is having its mujahideen camps (state sponsored) 20 km away from LoC and sending those jihadi scumbags ever so often to destroy peace in Kashmir. They don't have aata to feed their awam but still want to bleed India to death by 1000 cuts. Nuisance terror state which has close to zero positive contribution to the world in the last 7 decades.....their only claim to fame is hosting Osama 100m away from a Pak military camp when he was the most wanted man on this planet.  

Sure several of these European countries have caused immeasurable harm to Asia/Africa...India too a major victim. But if you stretch back by a few centuries, there were brutal invasions. Still we aren't enemies with modern day Turkey, Iran, Mongolia, Central Asian states just because of painful history. Pakistan is a different case, they have rejected every Indian offer of friendship and have started all wars. When a peacenik like Vajpayee took that historic bus ride to Lahore, those *ers were making their move in Kargil, snakes all of them.

I can assure you that if Indian fans support Eng in some cricket or football match, it won't be a big issue. Sure they may get some weird looks and may be accused of having sepoy mentality, but no harm, mostly banter. We even have so many youngsters in India leaving everything aside and running fan clubs for EPL sides, for them EPL is more precious than any Indian national team, do they get dirty looks? No. Tomorrow if some national side with big players from top European club sides (esp EPL ones) plays a football game in one of our metros against our national side, you'll be surprised to see the number of Les Bleus or Three Lions shirts. 

Edited by Gollum

On 7/17/2023 at 5:51 PM, randomGuy said:

Cricket feels like a boring sport , cricketers (most of them) have no substance...I last saw ipl 6 yrs back ... have stopped following international cricket except some World cup games...all the strong sporting countries do not play cricket, only UK and Australia do, there as well it is not a primary sport...one radicalized nation called Pakistan with players mixing religion and sports play the sport, making the sport uncool ...

I like to watch wrestling, kabaddi and overall Olympic sports and Indian Olympic scene 

That's called being older. Happens where the passion is no longer the same.

And for Indian cricket, it's also worsen as now management/players themselves choose when to play and not. So, it's a compromised team, no longer a full strength team,  and thus, fans feels exploited.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Bhai, wrong comparison. Totally wrong.

India and UK are not mortal enemies. Diplomatically we have decent enough relations, our armies regularly participate in joint military drills....economically, culturally as well not bad....can be better but at least not a disaster. Pakistan OTOH is having its mujahideen camps (state sponsored) 20 km away from LoC and sending those jihadi scumbags ever so often to destroy peace in Kashmir. They don't have aata to feed their awam but still want to bleed India to death by 1000 cuts. Nuisance terror state which has close to zero positive contribution to the world in the last 7 decades.....their only claim to fame is hosting Osama 100m away from a Pak military camp when he was the most wanted man on this planet.  

Sure several of these European countries have caused immeasurable harm to Asia/Africa...India too a major victim. But if you stretch back by a few centuries, there were brutal invasions. Still we aren't enemies with modern day Turkey, Iran, Mongolia, Central Asian states just because of painful history. Pakistan is a different case, they have rejected every Indian offer of friendship and have started all wars. When a peacenik like Vajpayee took that historic bus ride to Lahore, those *ers were making their move in Kargil, snakes all of them.

I can assure you that if Indian fans support Eng in some cricket or football match, it won't be a big issue. Sure they may get some weird looks and may be accused of having sepoy mentality, but no harm, mostly banter. We even have so many youngsters in India leaving everything aside and running fan clubs for EPL sides, for them EPL is more precious than any Indian national team, do they get dirty looks? No. Tomorrow if some national side with big players from top European club sides (esp EPL ones) plays a football game in one of our metros against our national side, you'll be surprised to see the number of Les Bleus or Three Lions shirts. 

Good post.

I often think about a time in the future (maybe in my lifetime) when the US fields a decent cricket team and plays against India. As a US citizen, am I obligated to support the US cricket team?  I simply cannot do it.  I am not really a cricket fan, I am a fan of Indian cricket.

I was a huge fan of Serena Williams when she played, but on the day she played against Sania Mirza in the US Open several years ago, I was rooting for Sania Mirza. In terms of sports fan-dom, Indian teams/individuals first.

49 minutes ago, someone said:

That's called being older. Happens where the passion is no longer the same.

And for Indian cricket, it's also worsen as now management/players themselves choose when to play and not. So, it's a compromised team, no longer a full strength team,  and thus, fans feels exploited.

I disagree on lack of passion...Choices are more today.. who would miss Sumit peer on a live stream for ex for an ipl  match?

4 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

I disagree on lack of passion...Choices are more today.. who would miss Sumit peer on a live stream for ex for an ipl  match?

You take things personally. Time, or the lack of time greatly determines choices, and passion.

Thus, it's always different as one grows...

7 hours ago, khadekhademaaro said:

They can go to Pakistan. GOI can set up an initiative. All those who like  can go and stay there.

Will not happen!  Ev n for the most extreme RW , it will not be possible to exchange 25 crores population. That’s why it’s important to preserve historical facts and remember and not whitewash their supremacist attitudes with platitudes long ke Ganga-Jamuna tutti-fruity and not repeat the same mistakes that lead to partition!

46 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Good post.

I often think about a time in the future (maybe in my lifetime) when the US fields a decent cricket team and plays against India. As a US citizen, am I obligated to support the US cricket team?  I simply cannot do it.  I am not really a cricket fan, I am a fan of Indian cricket.

I was a huge fan of Serena Williams when she played, but on the day she played against Sania Mirza in the US Open several years ago, I was rooting for Sania Mirza. In terms of sports fan-dom, Indian teams/individuals first.

Hate her, she refused to humor this stupid journalist and speak two words in Kannada. Pompous ass, will support Serena any day.

What about we introspect?  Pakistan has caused issues many times, yet the reality is there is enough own local support for terrorism and breaking India project in our own country. It's only weak Hindu's who think that the default state in peace. There are constant battles, and there will be inevitable war. That's been human civilization.

And let's be honest, there is some deterrence through strong army, sedition and various laws which is we are one country. So prepare and understand the battlefield is better than closing your eyes, ears, mouth.