11 vs Pak: Given Iyer just coming back and KL out

Sooda

30 minutes ago, raki05 said:

I like this team as well other than @express bowling first team. As i dont think we need 6 bowlers also as Pandya batting has gone to dogs and bowling has improve a bit i would force him to bowl 10 overs than hiding behind 6 bowling option. BTW Tilak and Iyer can rotate their arm in worst situation but my preference would be to play 6 pure batters.

I can see Pandya turning into Tobey Mcguire after bowling 4 overs.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

H2H is 55-73 in ODIs. I thought we would have narrowed the gap a bit more in the last 2 decades. 

In T20Is it's 9-3 in favor of India, though Pak has generally been the better T20 side in the last 15 years. 

We would have surpassed them easily had we played regularly in last decade. 

Now with their new domestic structure & a decent franchise competition...  They will be tough to beat.  Last 4-5 games have show cased the gap has narrowed down... And India making bad team selections will eventually cost them against Pak which wasn't the case 7-8 years back. 

7 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Now with their new domestic structure & a decent franchise competition...  They will be tough to beat.  Last 4-5 games have show cased the gap has narrowed down... And India making bad team selections will eventually cost them against Pak which wasn't the case 7-8 years back. 

yeah I think we will go back to the 2000s kind of situation. At least in white ball cricket. 

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

We dont let our players play overseas t20 leagues. So yes we will struggle vs everyone. 

Odi is much harder for pak to beat us. I still think we will beat them badly with full strength side. 

40 minutes ago, wazza said:

We dont let our players play overseas t20 leagues. So yes we will struggle vs everyone. 

Odi is much harder for pak to beat us. I still think we will beat them badly with full strength side. 

Watching CPL. Playing on this brown tracks require a bit of skill especially against proper spinners. This  Afghan guy Naveed is turning fast and quick. Afghanistan has become a spin factory. 

I really wish India would play Tilak and use him as the 6th bowler. 

What do we even have to lose? 

It's not like SKY has done anything in this format. 

It will be an absolute farce if  both Prasidh and Varma are discarded without being tried out .

The rest of the squad is pretty much Rohit's.  

Neither Dravid nor selection committee have much say.  

Kohli, even when he was captain, was an extremely selfish guy who would never bat at 4 to accommodate   a young KL or another batter in the top order.

He's not the best batter in the lineup now, so what is the point continuing to bat at 3 when his spin game has declined so much?

The only reason to play Pandya , Jadeja and Thakur is so that these guys can bat comfortably at a risk free rate  and they don't have to work on their bowling either.

7 hours ago, wazza said:

Pak go in as favourites 

23 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Pak go in as favourites 

I dont think so. I will.pass my judgement when I see the team. If we pick the right players we should thrash them. If we go with washed up cans, old farts and useless slow medium bowlers then yea we will lose.

Gill

Kishan

Rohit/Kohli

Iyer

Tilak (6th bowler)

SKY

Jadeja

Thakur

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Siraj

5 bowlers...plus Tilak to roll in 4-6 overs.

Jadeja cushioned by SKY and Thakur either side who can hit big

Gill & Kishan don't have any mental baggage which seniors carry. Tilak and Iyer will ensure spinners won't find any comfort during middle overs, and then hope SKY for once get his act together and play like he does in T20's.

5 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Gill

Kishan

Rohit/Kohli

Iyer

Tilak (6th bowler)

SKY

Jadeja

Thakur

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Siraj

5 bowlers...plus Tilak to roll in 4-6 overs.

Jadeja cushioned by SKY and Thakur either side who can hit big

Gill & Kishan don't have any mental baggage which seniors carry. Tilak and Iyer will ensure spinners won't find any comfort during middle overs, and then hope SKY for once get his act together and play like he does in T20's.

You forgot the VC!

We don't have any match practice. It's been ages since we played a ODI. Meanwhile Pakistani will have already played 4 ODIs on these pitches before they face us so they know the conditions really well. I wouldn't be too harsh on our boys as long as they pick the right team.