India suspends visa services for Canadians

rangeelaraja

48 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Because we are doing this today. We are reacting now. It shows how slow the govt is in understanding the situation. Freezing the properties and cancelling the OCIs was such a no brainer. 

The more I read about OCIs now the more it worries me.  

Voices of protest, dharna etc. from akali dal and other Punjab parties, from SGPC etc. would have started, basically playing victim card. Now is the correct time as country is United as a foreign country has openly taken a panga, although there could still be some protests in Punjab imo.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:01 AM, ravishingravi said:

Question is why were we sleeping till now. What were successive govts waiting for. Next I hope they cancel OCIs en masse. 

No. OCIs don't need to be cancelled enmasse, they need to be curated for Khali/IB/ISI linked ones. OCIs serve a very strong purpose - giving the benefits of dual citizenship (for both nation & individual), while avoiding some of the pitfalls of dual citizenships. India's way to permanent influence in Canada/Australia/USA **IS** via OCI - which mimics dual citizenship in most of the ways a community seeks to maintain ties with motherland. 

I am of the view that western attitude towards India & Asia in general can be only changed long term via demographic change in the west- which is what is happening- provided we can leverage the demographic dividend into western-like attachment to Europe and European geopolitics. 

To that end, we need the OCI system. 

As to answer your question- why the OCI system has been so ' khullam khulla' for anyone- its got to do with staffing & budget issues with the Foreign service department. Its no secret that India's IFS bats at 'Vietnam' level and is one of the areas of the administration needing a dire upgrade in terms of staffing & budget ( not in terms of competence- they are one of the most competent government arms there are, imo). 

15 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

It depends on type of the reason also. Once I was denied UK visa in Hyderabad and got it within a week from Mumbai office.

Yes, i suppose if its rejected due to some submission error, you can resubmit elsewhere and get it. But normally, if you have been deemed not worthy of a visa despite correct submission, that decision usually cannot be reversed via reapplication- though this is not my field of expertise, so i may be wrong- i just happen to've dealt with visa processes for well over 20 years from a users end. 

9 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Yes, i suppose if its rejected due to some submission error, you can resubmit elsewhere and get it. But normally, if you have been deemed not worthy of a visa despite correct submission, that decision usually cannot be reversed via reapplication- though this is not my field of expertise, so i may be wrong- i just happen to've dealt with visa processes for well over 20 years from a users end. 

FWIW;

The Embassy/ Ministry of Foreign Affairs/ visa issuing authority has to cite reasons for visa refusal. That way once those reasons are remedied, for eg sufficient funds are shown in the attached bank accounts or a typo is corrected or a newer picture is uploaded, the visa is granted.

The cases where it becomes tenuous is when the applicant has a criminal record or is involved in political activity/demonstrations/riots etc or espouses an ideology that is not compatible with the visa issuing nation. In that case, the applicant has to furnish one or more of the following:

An NoC signed from local law enforcement attested by the local government stating that he is going for xyz purposes.

A letter from someone/ some organisation in the host country that says that they are to be held accountable for applicant.

45 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

FWIW;

The Embassy/ Ministry of Foreign Affairs/ visa issuing authority has to cite reasons for visa refusal. That way once those reasons are remedied, for eg sufficient funds are shown in the attached bank accounts or a typo is corrected or a newer picture is uploaded, the visa is granted.

The cases where it becomes tenuous is when the applicant has a criminal record or is involved in political activity/demonstrations/riots etc or espouses an ideology that is not compatible with the visa issuing nation. In that case, the applicant has to furnish one or more of the following:

An NoC signed from local law enforcement attested by the local government stating that he is going for xyz purposes.

A letter from someone/ some organisation in the host country that says that they are to be held accountable for applicant.

How do politicians and activists with pending cases travel? Always been curious. 

Canada crying . Effin hypocrites. Like they really care about minorities in other countries. They, along with the rest of the Anglo-Saxon world, have no issues trying to corner India and the rest of Third World in the WTO and trying to cut down our subsidies to agriculture and relentless cry about MSP etc. given to our farmers etc. Just want to drive our prices down and keep the market "stable".

While they themselves heavily subsidise their own produce. Well guess what? No state's farmers benefit from such measures than Punjab itself. 

I hope those who are obsessed with "Kaneda" can really see the two-faced nature of these shitty countries before they blindly support them.  

Every time these countries do lip-service to farmers' protests or whatever, this hypocrisy is never brought out. 

I live in Hoshiarpur and there is a village called Chabbewal(Monica Bedis pind).. which has so many Kanedians wannabes settled in Kaneda or want to go to Kaneda.

Half of my town is in Kaneda. As a Sikh.. I don't care about these effin Khalistani mofos.

You want to go abroad, live in another country.. Fine. Do as you please. But if you are talking about Breaking my beloved Bharat.. Well then... Eff off.

We Sikhs are as patriot as anyone. To hell with Kaneda... Jai Bharat.. Jai Hind.

Also.. No one in Punjab talks about Khalistan lol. Like rest of the India and world.. the daily discussions are about how to get education, good jobs or run business and at the end of the day how to make life more enjoyable. Not sure how many Punjabis on this forum.. but to be honest small town life in Punjab's cities is awesome. 

Work hard monday to friday..  Eat really good food. Exercise or go for a run in near by fields/grounds...and drink Pure Milk straight from the farm, unadulterated.

And then.. Friday night Eat some tikka shikka and have few whiskey if you and enjoy life. No once cares about Khalistani bhaade ke tattooos in Kaneda.