Hitman v/s Babar

Texan

5 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Virat Kohli's legacy tbh

Pakistan fans used to value six hitters so much more back in the day. They used to be an entertaining team even when they were not world class. Ever since Kohli started thrashing them with consistent low risk batting, they started worshipping accumulators like babar and imam and became boring aah side

TBH, I don't think it has anything to do with following Kohli's footprints.   Kohli made his intl debut in 2010.  Pak had this culture of worshipping accumulators much before that.  They were somewhat decent till 1999 WC.  From 2000 to 2010, they had plenty of accumulators. (Afridi being only exception).  

6 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

From 2000 to 2010, they had plenty of accumulators. 

Not Kohli type though. Most of them were tuk tukiyas...Younis Khan, Misbah, Yousuf, Salman butt etc were defensive minded innings builders. Inzi was more a boundary hitter with pathetic running abilities ..so was kamran akmal.

Kohli's immense success against them is one of the main reasons why all these Imams and Babars and Rizwans are getting overhyped by them because of the "statistics". Saud Shakeel is another guy who's going to be benefited from that in the future..

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Not Kohli type though. Most of them were tuk tukiyas...Younis Khan, Misbah, Yousuf, Salman butt etc were defensive minded innings builders. Inzi was more a boundary hitter with pathetic running abilities ..so was kamran akmal.

Kohli's immense success against them is one of the main reasons why all these Imams and Babars and Rizwans are getting overhyped by them because of the "statistics". Saud Shakeel is another guy who's going to be benefited from that in the future..

Still they whopped India in India (4-2) with those accumulators that too against great Indian batting lineup with Sachin, Sehwag  that too with Trundler Naveed as their ace.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Still they whopped India in India (4-2) with those accumulators that too against great Indian batting lineup with Sachin, Sehwag  that too with Trundler Naveed as their ace.

Thanks to Inzi and Afridi.. not because of those accumulators. 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Afridi smashed a big fast 100 in one of the games iirc. They were 0-2 down and then won 4 matches on the bounce. We had some really entertaining and competitive series from 2004-06

9 hours ago, Texan said:

Uncovered a stat that I found truly amazing:

Babar career ODI sixes = 58

Hitman 2023 ODI sixes = 56 :yikes:

Chhakke maarna koi Rohit Sharma se seekhe. Truly a hitman! :isalute:

I heard like "Heman" vs "Gobar" :hysterical:

Btw, Gobarprasad khud hi Chhakka hai, Chhakka kya maarega? lol

Edited by User30786
11 hours ago, Number said:

Babar is not a 6 hitter at all. Not the right comparison.

I have said it for years - Babar is what Manish Pandey was - a good batsman who is an effective accumulator - difference being Pandey was actually clutch and came through in few pressure situations.  Majority of Babar's runs are 'soft'.  

Guys like Parthiv Patel, Robin Uthappa, Manish Pandey, Ambati Rayudu, etc etc would have multi-decade careers and have been legends and captains for Pakistan if they were playing for greenbros.  If Babar was born in India, he would struggle to make the A team. 

8 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I have said it for years - Babar is what Manish Pandey was - a good batsman who is an effective accumulator - difference being Pandey was actually clutch and came through in few pressure situations.  Majority of Babar's runs are 'soft'.  

Guys like Parthiv Patel, Robin Uthappa, Manish Pandey, Ambati Rayudu, etc etc would have multi-decade careers and have been legends and captains for Pakistan if they were playing for greenbros.  If Babar was born in India, he would struggle to make the A team. 

Babar gets to play way too many B, C, D teams which helps him inflate his average. Otherwise he is a fairly middling batsman who is decent but nothing extraordinary. They compare him to Kohli but I think Iyer is a better bat than Babar. 

41 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Babar gets to play way too many B, C, D teams which helps him inflate his average. Otherwise he is a fairly middling batsman who is decent but nothing extraordinary. They compare him to Kohli but I think Iyer is a better bat than Babar. 

it all about where to bat and what is your role. 

Babar's role is to play as many balls as possible and occupy the other end. He is not devastating batsman. he stay but he can't change the game during his stay. The big glaring problem is his high scoring capabilities. He play strike rate of 80 and when he need to accumulate, he can't hit enough shots to compensate his earlier stay.  Here is where most of the Indian players are different. First of all, Indian players have different roles to play like gill - non risk , rohit - risky hitting, kohli - accumulator, iyer - depending on situation , rahul - depending on situation, pandya - sky - jaddu = hard hitters. now if you put Iyer, Rohit,Gill,rahul to play a role like Babar is doing, they will all be successful. but it is not the role Indian team needed. Indian team has the best person to do the babar's role is Kohli and he is light year ahead of what babar is. 

To all, Pakistani who is comparing Babar with anyone in Indian team, they have no idea what they are doing. they just do it out of getting some brownie points. And some of the Indians get involve in that talk are mostly either low on self esteem or to nationalist egoist who doesn't want to see anything better from the Pakistani side. I am coming from the second part - in my opinion even an insect in India is bigger and better than an elephant in Pakistan. but I know that Pakistan have some sort of good sportsman if not the best but Indian always outshine them in every games barring some short period where Indians sports either going through change or just bad selections.

Edited by Nash
correct spellings.
3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Yeah. Never impressed me at all. At best to me he looked like Dabar Amla type player in ODIs. Beast in bilaterals once he gets hold of a bowling attack but not much of an impact player in tournaments.

Edited by Number