New Chapter in Naagin Rivalry : Matthews Timed Out | First batsman in the history

Number

15 hours ago, Chaos said:

People who think this is “out” should just stop watching cricket. Bd has been pathetic and shakib was terrible this series. He just wanted a win at all costs

Sl should have had balls and won the match and rubbed it in BD players face.

But SL, sucks soo bad now. No self esteem or nothing.

BD, you have stooped as low as our kitty neighbors called pookistan. Smh

Why is that wrong if no rule was broken?

Just now, Chaos said:

The thing is Mathew's was at the crease in less than 2mins.  I do admit he should checked his helmet or asked umpire right away

That's on umpire to decide. If he was there in less than 2 min, should have been given not out.

4th umpire said he wasn't so its just his word v Mathews'

On 11/6/2023 at 6:05 AM, Trichromatic said:

Umpires and MR couldn't have changed it. 

They dont have authority. Once appealed, they have to go by the rule book and give verdict. 

This reminds me of Ian Bell run out which was in ground appeal when the play was on and yet MSD rescinded and Bell came back to bad after the break.

Sakib could have withdrawn his appeal. Umps were helpless here. This shouldnt have happened in a WC game, I say.

So cricket is going to olympics with no certain measurement of the playing area. A player can not be given out because it ungentelmanly.

This is like telling batter to show wkts, If that was in rule book then the player has every right to appeal. rules should be changed in case there is some new finding.

Its something similar to body-line series, running-out batter on non-striker end. Ind did something on similar line to Inzimam, and one time with Seteve Waugh. 

Right way of doing this would have been Methews telling the umpire of his helmet issue then umpire stopping the clock and play resume with new helmet.

umpires should also not to be blamed here player appealed for it and what can they do say no this is not morally right. He was out per the rule book then he is out.

Its in rule book. **** like this gentle man fart etc are the reason olympics did not touch the game with a pole stick till now.  Lazy boy mathews should have focused less on being chill and faced one ball then went on to change his helmet taking his own 15 mts of time.  But sakhib is a despicable piece of **** and  best ever batsmen and shining example of cricketer from bangaladeesh at the same time, since rest are sub human. 

15 hours ago, tapandrun said:

So cricket is going to olympics with no certain measurement of the playing area. A player can not be given out because it ungentelmanly.

This is like telling batter to show wkts, If that was in rule book then the player has every right to appeal. rules should be changed in case there is some new finding.

Its something similar to body-line series, running-out batter on non-striker end. Ind did something on similar line to Inzimam, and one time with Seteve Waugh. 

Right way of doing this would have been Methews telling the umpire of his helmet issue then umpire stopping the clock and play resume with new helmet.

umpires should also not to be blamed here player appealed for it and what can they do say no this is not morally right. He was out per the rule book then he is out.

I believe by being proactive in criticizing BD and Shakib, Matthews is trying to hide his own fault. As you rightly said, he should have asked either the umpires or Shakib before replacing helmet. I found it unsporting behaviour.

That said, I personally would not do what Shakib did. But bottom-line is, Matthews is at fault which he is trying to hide.

On 11/7/2023 at 1:32 PM, Lord said:

That's on umpire to decide. If he was there in less than 2 min, should have been given not out.

4th umpire said he wasn't so its just his word v Mathews'

From the video link, CI says it was 1 min 50 or 55 secs when the strap incident happened. So, the 4th umpire is wrong, generally BSing.

Video footage of the events showed that somewhere between a minute and 50 seconds and a minute and 55 seconds had passed since Samarawickrama had been dismissed.“

On 11/8/2023 at 4:00 AM, dial_100 said:

They dont have authority. Once appealed, they have to go by the rule book and give verdict. 

This reminds me of Ian Bell run out which was in ground appeal when the play was on and yet MSD rescinded and Bell came back to bad after the break.

Sakib could have withdrawn his appeal. Umps were helpless here. This shouldnt have happened in a WC game, I say.

Ian Bell was clearly out, Metthews wasn't..

On 11/7/2023 at 7:12 AM, R!TTER said:

Then they should shut the * up about spirit of the game BS, btw who bowls deliberate wides or no balls to deny opposition players a landmark? That's actually worse & petty!

Is it oppositions role to facilitate another teams batsman  a landmark. Just like Rahul helped kohli get a century..similarly within the gameplay..someone decided not to help Indian batsman get a landmark...like trying to get him out..running him out or bowling a wide..to keep him under pressure...is it petty ..perhaps..is it unethical ..happened once in a lifetime ..no and do we know if they did it deliberately or it just happened.

7 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Happened at least 3 times that I remember vs SL, maybe more after that as well.

How many times did timeout happen versus mankading bowling deliberate wife's. How is bowling wides to deny century worse than not scoring runs or taking wickets by team mates to facilitate a undeserved century. Is it sl job to ensure our heroes get century.