Who else is quitting watching cricket tonight

ungboysj

Just now, R!TTER said:

Nah there's a limit to everything, BCCI/IPL this *ing TM is killing intl cricket in India!

I have only watched the knockouts and the Ind-Pak game. Rest I only followed on ICF, cricinfo or saw the highlights. Didn’t mean I lost passion.The whole fantasy league culture, legalized betting etc will never take the game’s popularity. The hardcores like us and the ones on the forum have been through worse days so it would take something dramatic for us to quit. I remember even during match fixing days most of my friends and family gave up cricket, but I watched games passionately even in that era and some other friends who are still huge fans so don’t think so :)

anyway emotional day for fans so no room for rationality :nice:

Won't lie..I usually watch cricket only to see some exciting young quicks & young batters and I will continue to do so across IPL, domestics. Not interested in watching the seniors who continue to **** in their pants but still will build their PR machinery.

Haven't watched many matches in this WC, will continue to watch for the upcoming quicks. But if BCCi will keep on serving Arshdeep, Mukesh Kumar, Bhuvi Kumar, Sid Kaul type bowlers..I won't even turn on the TV.

25 minutes ago, cricspirit said:

No one. Lol.

What else to watch. 

I do not watch every series but spent lot of time on this world cup. Will be back for the important tests and T20 WC.

You still around here ? You were asking me to raise stakes and quit ICF for being pessimistic if India win.

nice standards you set 

Edited by rangeelaraja

The only way to get back at BCCI for this debacle is by not giving your attention and eyeballs to the television and other streaming services showing cricket. If you are like me who couldn't live without cricket, then just follow the live scores on cricbuzz or Cricinfo. What has BCCI given us all these years for giving them our loyal attention. Nothing.

No more ODIs going forward and so next World Cup will be a bit of an issue.

So this might be a logical end for me. 

Well done to Rohit for taking this team so far. Under the previous regime, we would have been KO'ed by NZ in the SF.

We were sold down the river by the this stupid venue and it's useless curator 

And I don't see any fundamental shift in our domestic cricket to increasing the quality of cricketers being produced. 

Too many teams with very little talent.  Too little butter spread over too much bread.

There is a serious issue if our World Cup squad had Shardul Thakur as a seamer .

Also Test cricket is well and truly finished . No point following that .  Apart from Big 3, nobody is going to play full strength from now on..

Not sad about this loss because we didn't have luck of toss and Australia are a lot stronger than most realise. At least didn't lose to England with 2 firing batsmen (Adelaide) and to useless teams like NZ and PAK. 

I’ve been always careful to not merge my identify with how Team India performs.  So this latest loss is a disappointment but I’ve already moved on.  Perhaps because I started watching in the 80s and, with a few notable exceptions (1983) we were a middling team. 

I love the game, follow it closely, and a committed India team fan.  I feel pain and heartbreak when we lose important games like this but a loss doesn’t ruin my day.  Or week.  Or month. 

I’ll continue to watch and follow India.  But in any case I have always watched selectively.

1. I follow all India Tests, but only passages, or when time permits. 

2. ICC AND T-20 world cups (India games only).

3. Bilateral ODIs and T-20s are a hit or miss.  Some Australia, England, SA games, especially when we’re touring a 

I can’t get myself to watch IPL, not a single game except maybe the final.

I’ll continue to watch but suspect my choices will narrow even more as I get older.

Edited by NameGoesHere