Narendra Modi (Panoti) Stadium

14 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

The other poster asked people to stop using politics- see his quote on page 1.

My point is that it was all political to begin with, so why should OP stop?

Same rules apply, whether it's Narendra Modi or anyone else.

That's all.

If it's all political then it is pretty much pointless to ever talk about it - and especially when convenient - because it is a fact of life like death and taxes, that's the point. He wanted to highlight that, if I understood him correctly. OP seems to insinuate that it is only political now and that is why we lost or that the stadium is panauti or something due to his own sensibilities which is okay, but something that is bound to be called out since it is nothing new. 

1 minute ago, rollingstoned said:

If it's all political then it is pretty much pointless to ever talk about it - and especially when convenient - because it is a fact of life like death and taxes, that's the point. He wanted to highlight that, if I understood him correctly. OP seems to insinuate that it is only political now and that is why we lost or that the stadium is panauti or something due to his own sensibilities which is okay, but something that is bound to be called out since it is nothing new. 

Ok, I respect your position. But disagree with some of it.  Moving on

Modi watching his team lose in his own stadium reminds me of 1936 Olympics when Hitler watched his German team get annihilated by Dhyanchand and his team at the Field Hockey final. He left midway during the game disgusted. Later he summoned Dhyanchand and offered him the German citizenship which was promptly rejected.

It remains to be seen if NaMo summons Head and offers him Indian citizenship (which I am sure will be rejected instantly). :lol:

P.S.  Before Modi bhakts call for my head, I am not comparing NaMo to Hitler, just bringing the up the similarity of the situation and illustrating  the idiocy of naming a stadium after someone in power. :rotfl: 

7 minutes ago, DeepSpace said:

Modi watching his team lose in his own stadium reminds me of 1936 Olympics when Hitler watched his German team get annihilated by Dhyanchand and his team at the Field Hockey final. He left midway during the game disgusted. Later he summoned Dhyanchand and offered him the German citizenship which was promptly rejected.

It remains to be seen if NaMo summons Head and offers him Indian citizenship (which I am sure will be rejected instantly). :lol:

P.S.  Before Modi bhakts call for my head, I am not comparing NaMo to Hitler, just bringing the up the similarity of the situation and illustrating  the idiocy of naming a stadium after someone in power. :rotfl: 

Had India won today, Godi Media would have gone gaga over how Narendra Modi helped India win the World Cup in his own stadium, they would have peddled this victory to sentiment votes and justified Jay Shahs appointment as the chief of BCCI.

So this loss on that account is a blessing in disguise. 

8 minutes ago, DeepSpace said:

But Modi stayed back, handed over the trophy to Pat Cummins, handshake with entire Australian team :dontknow:

45 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Had India won today, Godi Media would have gone gaga over how Narendra Modi helped India win the World Cup in his own stadium, they would have peddled this victory to sentiment votes and justified Jay Shahs appointment as the chief of BCCI.

So this loss on that account is a blessing in disguise. 

Yeah, but nothing is going to change though. Nothing!! These overrated maharathis are going to keep playing, Jay is going to continue to milk it and the public does not care because IPL is near and Insta is always here. At least back in the day, stadiums were lit (1996), stone for pelted at cricketers home (2003), hai hai chants, etc. I am certainly not condoning violence, but there will be no accountability for losing on the big stage. I have been warning throughout the tournament that bossing the other teams without no adversity would have its downside. The team was not prepared again for the biggest stage.

Edited by DeepSpace

I was at the stadium today. My first time visiting here. 

Some observations and experiences:

1. The pitch was horrible. Not a finals pitch at all. It kept low through the Indian innings. Indian bowlers didn't use it to their advantage, they bowled too full compared to Aussie bowlers

2. The stadium is amazing, but looks a bit too pretentious. It has metro access which is good, but you need to walk through some shitty roads to get to the gate

3. 1.3L people is too many for any game. There were stampede like situations so many times.. while getting into the stadium, buying water/food, getting back to the metro... just a matter of time before someone gets hurt badly

4. Ahmedabad as a city is not built to host 1.3L people. Most of the crowd were obviously not Ahmedabad residents. To host a high profile game like this, the city needs adequate flights, trains, and most importantly hotels to accommodate crowds during these events. The city seems woefully inadequate leading to hotels and airlines fleecing people. A friend of mine paid 30K each way to get flight tickets from Chandigarh. Mediocre 2 star and 3 star Hotels charge 25K per night. ITC Narmada where the Indian team is staying was charing 2.5L per night

Edited by bowl_out
1 hour ago, Sean Bradley said:

People like you are the flag bearers of this ideology.

You stink just like this post. 

One who does not agree with you becomes a dalla. Lage raho! No one gives a damn.

I never replied to you directly. The fact that you are responding to my post shows you give a damn. Try finding all those responsible for this loss based on your bigoted biases, other than it was not our day. AAP log lage raho to blow off your steam 

Honestly, do you ly actually think Narendra Modi panauti stadium is responsible for this loss?

Edited by coffee_rules