Proud of team India

Mariyam

I wish I can find a filter on social media wesbites to hide all the cringe and wannabe Indian cricket fans who are making reels with sad faces and how they are sad and hurt while sitting  road side or those making reels on their kids crying etc after the defeat. 

Typical Bollywood cringe level wannabe fans. They don’t know anything about cricket, only watch movies, haven’t seen Rohit or Kohli ever score even a 50 but are feeling sad for the two in a video reel for the views, and come out with these posts about Indian cricket when India loses a big world cup game. 

Edited by Cricketics
1 hour ago, deathmonger said:

SL was a good team in 2011 and the year prior both teams were trading wins. I'd say India was still the favourites but only slightly. Gap wasn't that big. Dew and Mathews injury tipped the scales.

Similarly Aus and Ind were fairly even with Ind slight favourites. Aus had won a series 2-1 in India earlier in the year and also lost 1-2 in the series before the WC. Also had lost 1-2 in 2020 and won 3-2 in 2019. So they were the best away team in India in the last few years. And again like in the 2011 final dew tipped the scales a bit, just on the other side.

Interesting take about Ind vs SL.  I thought India were favs by a small distance. I don't think SL would even have made the final through India's route, Facing Aus( a sure loss for SL) and Pak(may have had chances). India's win against the Aussies convinced me that they were a special team in the tournament.

Regarding India & Aus, I haven't followed international cricket all that well recently so your take may be the right one. Though in this tournament I would still take India over Aus in a heartbeat. Aussies had always been a  team to fear in world cups partly because of their bowling line ups. McGrath and co in 2003, 2007 then Starc and co in 2015 were just phenomenal. I did not see that level of ruthlessness this time around and expected them to falter against a well functioning batting and bowling units India had.  Their win feels like a well thought-out plan executed to perfection than a win by pure strength. Oh how i wish this is a best 2 out of 3 finals lol

3 hours ago, SLpirate said:

Interesting take about Ind vs SL.  I thought India were favs by a small distance. I don't think SL would even have made the final through India's route, Facing Aus( a sure loss for SL) and Pak(may have had chances). India's win against the Aussies convinced me that they were a special team in the tournament.

Regarding India & Aus, I haven't followed international cricket all that well recently so your take may be the right one. Though in this tournament I would still take India over Aus in a heartbeat. Aussies had always been a  team to fear in world cups partly because of their bowling line ups. McGrath and co in 2003, 2007 then Starc and co in 2015 were just phenomenal. I did not see that level of ruthlessness this time around and expected them to falter against a well functioning batting and bowling units India had.  Their win feels like a well thought-out plan executed to perfection than a win by pure strength. Oh how i wish this is a best 2 out of 3 finals lol

SL may have beaten Aus chasing. That wasn't that good an Aus side. Plus SL batting was in form. Also were doing ok in the group match before it was abandoned.

Now that I think about it, even 96 final had dew lol. 96, 11, 23 all dew affected. 87 no dew cause day match.

WC KOs in Asia should be day matches.

5 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I wish I can find a filter on social media wesbites to hide all the cringe and wannabe Indian cricket fans who are making reels with sad faces and how they are sad and hurt while sitting  road side or those making reels on their kids crying etc after the defeat. 

Typical Bollywood cringe level wannabe fans. They don’t know anything about cricket, only watch movies, haven’t seen Rohit or Kohli ever score even a 50 but are feeling sad for the two in a video reel for the views, and come out with these posts about Indian cricket when India loses a big world cup game. 

I mean if I could, I would put a gun to their head but our pop would probably be halved after that :evil:

9 hours ago, deathmonger said:

Cricket will never spread simply because objectively it is a poor game cause it is a turn-based conditions dependent game where luck/toss becomes a factor. I enjoy it a lot but again I enjoy it because it is one of the sports India is good at.

I have begun watching hockey and badminton since we have started doing well and those are objectively better sports. Also no Bangladesh-Pakistan types there. It genuinely feels good when you are competing against Netherlands, Germany etc in hockey and Korea, Japan, China etc in badminton.

As India keeps becoming better at other sports, I expect interest and popularity to blossom as well.

Those Dutch and Germans are some great athletes. So are Aussies and Brits.

Why when India does beat Pakistan everyone celebrates is beyond me. They are trash sporting country/culture. Beating them means nothing.

3 hours ago, deathmonger said:

SL may have beaten Aus chasing. That wasn't that good an Aus side. Plus SL batting was in form. Also were doing ok in the group match before it was abandoned.

Now that I think about it, even 96 final had dew lol. 96, 11, 23 all dew affected. 87 no dew cause day match.

WC KOs in Asia should be day matches.

Dew definitely had an impact in 96. Ranatunga may elected to field because of that i think?

As far as i know dew hasn't been a factor in any big finals in Sri Lanka i think.. I'm not sure though. Back when Dhoni chose to field in that WC final every SL fans i know of did a mild celebration. Most of us thought it was a dumb decision and the only viable explanation offered was that Indians felt safer at chasing.  Not a lot of people here were aware of dew having that much of an influence in matches.  I was a bit of an ignorant but die-hard fan then lol

9 hours ago, Cricketics said:

This. Exactly, all these people abusing the players would never have played any sport  in real-life. No sportsman worth his salt will deliberately play to lose. Either they get outplayed by a better team on that day or they are lacking in ability. No team that beat all other teams before the final can’t be lacing in ability, just it happens things didn’t go their way. 

Proud of the way Team India played @Mariyam
Like Ticz  @Cricketics says somewhat accustomed to the big final/semi losses since 2013.

One thing that hurts is how many years! is it gonna take to build a team at peak performance and skills like this - Rohit, kohli, bumrah, shami, jadu(fielding/bowling).
But brilliant campaign by Team Ind and they are the best team of WC23 despite not being title winners (and that does hurt yes).

Well done Rohit - super leadership and well done team

PS:

And yes - make them Day Matches, 11.00 am IST start - rather than D/N like folks here say.
So crappy that bcci/icc let dew factor affect important outcomes.

Edited by fineleg
On 11/20/2023 at 12:34 PM, SRT100 said:

Saying India did well is really the root of the problem.

Its the Dravid Mentality of accepting mediocrity.

To be honest supporters like yourself are the reason why India is ok with failing.

Wow!

Casual fans are responsible for the India being okay with failing?

Way to shift blame!

First off, I don't even watch much cricket.

Secondly, why are we assuming that India is okay failing? We were not good enough till this WC. In this WC we were good, yet fell short.

There is a huge difference failing and being okay with failing. Surely its a distinction that you can draw.

Also @Khota @LordPrabhzy theory of milestones/ player worship doesn't stand scrutiny.

Winning a WC or playing a winning knock in a WC final will get you more adulation from the fans and they will worship you more. Winning the WC is also a milestone.

So to think that they didn't want to win is plain ugggh.

Never thought I'd read that me ( or others here) are the reason the Indian team is failing. 

12 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Yeh aapne Laakh rupaiy ki baat kahi haiiiiiiiiiin

7 minutes ago, fineleg said:

Like Ticz  @Cricketics says somewhat accustomed to the big final/semi losses since 2013.

One thing that hurts is how many years! is it gonna take to build a team at peak performance and skills like this - Rohit, kohli, bumrah, shami, jadu(fielding/bowling).
But brilliant campaign by Team Ind and they are the best team of WC23 despite not being title winners (and that does hurt yes).

PS:

And yes - make them Day Matches, 11.00 am IST start - rather than D/N like folks here say.

Hello welcome back

26 minutes ago, fineleg said:

PS:

Welcome back.

12 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Whatever most of them do is purely for attention, they attended the match not to watch it but just to post about it on SM.

21 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Oh no :(( :heartbreak:

If you open countless threads ranting on what's wrong with the Indian team, BCCI or some expert selector will read it and they will fix the team. Didn't you know that by now? No more of "Well Done!" "Buck up!" "Better Luck Next time!" "Good game!" kind of threads. Such threads are what causing this team to be mediocre. It's time for Tough Love!!!

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

If you open countless threads ranting on what's wrong with the Indian team, BCCI or some expert selector will read it and they will fix the team. Didn't you know that by now? No more of "Well Done!" "Buck up!" "Better Luck Next time!" "Good game!" kind of threads. Such threads are what causing this team to be mediocre. It's time for Tough Love!!!

Arre bhai decide karlo.

Other day you were saying don't do this :hmmmm2: