One change u want in indian team

mani sha

Now Kohli became punching bag he is soft target every masderchod releasing frustration on him which milestone he was chasing.he played very well before Rohit’s brain fade and Iyer sh@@ in his pant .when you are playing with only 5 batsmen and out of 3 already in dugout  within 10 overs .what will you do it was high likely we would have crumbled in 30 overs  and 54 in 63 is not selfish innings.did Smith and Warner  perform in Semifinal and final?did Sachin perform in any finals  it was other who step  up and perform .people expecting he should scored 150 in every innings an others @@ ch@@ ye 

2 minutes ago, Texan said:

Yup

50th Hundred celebration and applause was more than what even Djokovic got when he won record 23rd slam. Celebrating non sensical individual achievements in a team sport can only appeal to people in India. 

In Tendulkar era atleast it was natural due to various factors.

But this hero worship of Kohli is completely PR manufactured and not natural. 

Regarding individual records - they should matter zero to us. To us the common people.

At least team result is something.

Here is a video from the movie "A Bronx Tale" about a little kid upset that the NY Yankees lost and Mickey Mantle was crying. A local mob boss who liked the kid had this to say.....Mickey Mantle don't care about you, why should you care about him? Nobody cares.

2 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

In Tendulkar era atleast it was natural due to various factors.

But this hero worship of Kohli is completely PR manufactured and not natural. 

I get Tendulkar adulation in the 90s because quite frankly, the team we had in those days wasn't very competitive. So we were content with just having an outstanding batsman, who was able to take on any bowling of that era. Tendulkar adulation later in the 2000s and his quest for 100 × hundreds unfortunately then set the template for over hyped individual accomplishments that continues till this day and will keep continuing for the foreseeable future.

Just now, Texan said:

I get Tendulkar adulation in the 90s because quite frankly, the team we had in those days wasn't very competitive. So we were content with just having an outstanding batsman, who was able to take on any bowling of that era. Tendulkar adulation later in the 2000s and his quest for 100 × hundreds unfortunately then set the template for over hyped individual accomplishments that continues till this day and will keep continuing for the foreseeable future.

Yeah as much as I like Tendulkar, he did set a very wrong precedent in the last few years of his career. 

He was actually pretty agressive and selfless during majority of his career. 

Kohli too started out with "I don't care about personal records" but towards the end went the Tendulkar way.

Also it’s very draining at this point… it’s been 12 yrs since we won an icc trophy, & despite the flaws this was one of best sides we ever had. If they couldn’t do it, who will? It’s hard to look forward to 2027.

May be some months from now… may be… but now it’s totally hard to look forward… if Rohit Kohli bumrah & shami couldn’t. Who could? 

44 minutes ago, Texan said:

his quest for 100 × hundreds unfortunately then set the template for over hyped individual accomplishments that continues till this day and will keep continuing for the foreseeable future.

Yeah no that was also manufactured by media, I don't remember that hype in the WC QF/SF/final - not more than a passing reminder at best. Then come Eng tour every dog and their owner was hoping for a hundred at the Lord's then Mumbai vs WI, then MCG so on & so forth! I do blame SRT for putting pressure of that milestone on himself, so he should've played the WI tour & achieved it there. His last few years in tests could've gone better if not for that BS hype - he was still our 2-3rd best batter in Eng & then Oz!

57 minutes ago, AKane said:

Regarding individual records - they should matter zero to us. To us the common people.

At least team result is something.

Here is a video from the movie "A Bronx Tale" about a little kid upset that the NY Yankees lost and Mickey Mantle was crying. A local mob boss who liked the kid had this to say.....Mickey Mantle don't care about you, why should you care about him? Nobody cares.

Lot of wisdom in that movie. 

2 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Pehle panautis ko nikaalo 

Rohit 

Jaddu 

Kohli  

They can't win

These 3 were there in each and every heartbreak 

And throw mental midgets like rahul and shunya kumar plus bumrah

A lady tweeted "u win some u lose some"

I replied" behen jab tak ye panauti hai team main u lose some and u lose some more ho raha hai", bc block kr diya incidentally she was kohli fan 

I am scared to say anything negative on kohli on X. Cos in 10 min you get 50 notifications and you exactly know what are those gonna be

Stop f*king tampering the pitch literally every single match. Let it be natural for that specific venue. In tests we have gone in win at any cost mentality and prefer to pick shortcuts like rank turners and even on that when opposition get used to it and plays better we give pitch which would bring no result so we don't loose an series. If you are champion team then why are you afraid to loose? Give sporting wicket and let opposition win if they play better cricket. That covers up on our weakness and yesterday's loss is too much experimenting with pitch which cost us worldcup. Bet they changed the plan after Aus vs SA semi final looking at australia's struggle against spin but it became something else. You cannot change complete nature of pitch at different venues as there are different types of soil used. Australia came with better plan as they expected us to use cheap tactics which they had seen in league match & test series few months ago.

Just now, AuxiliA said:

Can't blame them. I don't think any other sportspersons in the world face as much pressure and expectations as our Cricketers do. 

That's why its a must to have mental conditioning guy. I think they had Paddy Upton in 2011. Not sure if they have anyone now.

32 minutes ago, Lord said:

Work on the mental aspect of players. They all seemed scared of losing yesterday

Kuch nahi ho sakta, only thing is to remove them all from the team.

Fear is contagious, as long as even one choker will stay in the team..all these "ifs" & "buts" will continue to pop up during the knockout games.

Edited by singhvivek141