VVS Laxman set to become the next head coach of Indian cricket team

Sgattick10

8 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

So Indian Think Tank has become circle jerk of seniors who themselves never played the brand of cricket needed to succeed now. Someone like Finch or eoin morgan should be looked in, but we will end with laxman who groom the next gen of kumars.

Hmm... dont be so disrespectful of that generation. While I agree that a foreigner after 8 years of Indian at the helm of coaching brings a different perspective, an Indian coach would not do so badly. 

Laxman - 

positives - calm personality .played fearless cricket in tests at no 5 . Great catcher with Dravid . 
negatives - was not gifted with power hitting . 

how will he do as coach . Let’s see . Don’t have much hopes . But he has a habit of surprising people . I won’t underestimate him . Like dravid he is meticulous and really wants the job . Has put in all the hard work . 

to be fair to him - he has not jumped the gun , has put in few years into coaching and who knows ? He along with Sehwag always played positive cricket. That’s a good sign . 

5 minutes ago, mani sha said:

Laxman - 

positives - calm personality .played fearless cricket in tests at no 5 . Great catcher with Dravid . 
negatives - was not gifted with power hitting . 

how will he do as coach . Let’s see . Don’t have much hopes . But he has a habit of surprising people . I won’t underestimate him . Like dravid he is meticulous and really wants the job . Has put in all the hard work . 

to be fair to him - he has not jumped the gun , has put in few years into coaching and who knows ? He along with Sehwag always played positive cricket. That’s a good sign . 

T20 squad against Australia will 7-8 left handed batsmen in the playing 11... Not sure if it was Dravid/Laxman who decided that but there is a conscious effort to develop the team. I am sure we will see better results in the coming days