Jitesh over sanju?

54 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This is bizzare to be honest. Sanju when he clicks he explodes. Never seen bigger six hitter from india along with yuvi n dhoni. He has lazy elegance with crazy power game. Retarded selectors….

Sanju is overrated. For all the explosion he apparently does, he still strikes in mid 130s in t20 cricket. Sanju in ODIs, Jeetesh in t20i

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Sanju is overrrated but he sure is 100 times better than Jitesh. People get too caught up with SRs.

Sanju batted at top order so high SR will be lower.

There s no spot in the top order available. Rohit jaiswal Gill Kohli Sky - samson cnt bat above them so he has no place as a finisher coz he takes time to get going

Finishing in cricket happen in partnerships. Dhoni yuvi or dhoni raina comes to mind. I think jitesh and rinku together compliments each other well. They should play together in t20. The thing i liked about jitesh that he is a very busy player. I like busy wicketkeeper batsmen. We must play a bowler who bowls pace if hardik is not fit. In that case kohli should even bowl. Anything can happen in t20s and he may pick up wickets.3 sky 4 hardik 5 jitesh 6 rinku 7 xyz spinner allrounder is my preferred combination.  1 jaiswal is a must, just because he is a lefty and tries from ball 1. Dont need more than 7-8 bat in t20s, and i think arshdeep is doing well or okayish at 8. Can hit sixes.this is more or less my ideal 1-8 for wc. The other opner will be decided by politics.

Jitesh has been good, but I fail to understand Tilak's selection over Sanju. It is best to play both Sanju and Jitesh this series to see who comes out good. Why is Tilak even in consideration now, given that he isn't going to make the final squad anyway

22 hours ago, Frustrated said:

On Indian wickets, Jitesh is as explosive as Sanju.   Hardly any difference.   He scored 31 from 20 last night @ SR of 155.   Don't think Sanju could hv batted at a higher SR.   

I agree.

Jitesh is 6 ft 3 inches and is known in INDIAN DOmestic cricket as the "YUSUF PATHAN " of Indian cricket.

Kind of everyone agrees that no one is a big hitter than HIM. if there are 2 overs left, he is sent to bat ahead of Rinku Singh as Rinku's power hitting is a little less than JItesh, whereas Jitesh is a big hitter and sometimes gives his wicket away so Rinku is preferred if the number of overs left is 4 or 5.

6 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Jitesh has been good, but I fail to understand Tilak's selection over Sanju. It is best to play both Sanju and Jitesh this series to see who comes out good. Why is Tilak even in consideration now, given that he isn't going to make the final squad anyway

bcos he also bowls decently and is kind of an all-rounder in t20's. his bowling is fastish, does not SPIN kinda comes and bowls fastish straight balls. 1 or 2 overs from him are not easy to hit as a batsman is not clear whether to play him as a pacer or a Spinner.

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I agree.

Jitesh is 6 ft 3 inches and is known in INDIAN DOmestic cricket as the "YUSUF PATHAN " of Indian cricket.

Kind of everyone agrees that no one is a big hitter than HIM. if there are 2 overs left, he is sent to bat ahead of Rinku Singh as Rinku's power hitting is a little less than JItesh, whereas Jitesh is a big hitter and sometimes gives his wicket away so Rinku is preferred if the number of overs left is 4 or 5.

Agreed they are sending Rinku a spot lower.  Jitesh is more of a cameo six hitter.  He can score 20 off 9 or 10.

Rinku can build a inns..  And has strike rotation skills too...  And then go bang.  

So he should bat above Jitesh. 

Low IQ RoVid are too thick to understand this. 

3 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I agree.

He isn't 6 ft 3, not even close, he has great speed and bat swing, not the most powerful bloke but attacks from ball one.

Jitesh is a power hitter who can bat lower down the order & can tonk from bowl one, brute spin hitter.

Samson is a proper batter top of the order and can play pace very well, but needs few balls to get going big...has big weakness against spin specially leg spin.

If you need a no 3/4 batter...Samson makes more sense. But if we're looking for a power hitter down the order Jitesh is preferred choice.

For me, having Jitesh & Rinku at 5&6 makes more sense in T20I's...one is power hitter, other one is smart hitter. Top 1-4 there are many options as everyone in our T20I team likes to bat in top order. Samson though can stay as SKY's backup.

Edited by singhvivek141