Hardik Pandya booed at Wankhede

zen

Link

While I don't appreciate how many fans esp. of Kohli (exempli gratia the GG-Naveen-Kohli incident last year) & Rohit act, this is probably ok as Hardik Pandya has acted selfishly from a GT fan perspective. 

Just a couple of years ago, he was down and out. MI ditched him and Ambani did not even tell him that he would pick him up at the auction as he did with Kishan. His ability to bowl regularly was being questioned. GT not only stood up for him but also made him the captain, creating a team with Rashid, Gill, & him as the core. When GT won the title, the entire Gujarat showered love on him (and the rest of the team) with people in Amdavad flocking onto the streets to congratulate the team. The team was invited by the CM as well. In short, much love and respect were showered on him and the team.  

2 seasons later, Pandya ran back to MI. Don't know what fascination he has for MI or maybe he could not say "no" to Ambani, but for a captain to leave in such a fashion is rare.  One, esp. as a captain, should at least spend 3-4 seasons (the situation would have been relatively more understandable if he was not the captain). This has not gone down well with GT fans in general. 

Look at Kohli, Buttler, Pant, etc., If they go to the auction, they are likely to be picked up for around INR 20 crores, but they remain with their teams. The booing is a big life lesson for Pandya (and other such cricketers who put themselves first) -> fans remain loyal to those players who remain loyal to their teams. His fascination for MI and imagination of him reconnecting with its fan base would have crashed by now as well - the tweets he made about "his" emotions! (I had sent him a tough note as well including telling him that he would be booed at Wankhede. I have also told him what is next franchise is likely to be - hint it is in the North). 

Edited by zen

Understandable from Gujarat fans or any away crowd. 

But for home fans that's embarrassing tbh, Individuals far more important than the team for the avg Indian cricket fan

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

@zen Fan reaction outisde Wankhede after MI defeat 

Indian crowd is a fickle crowd. He has an easy to way to shut the crowd like Australia shut Amadavad crowd in the final. He just doesn't put up performance either with ball or bat or captaincy. It is a perfect storm for him. If he had scored runs and taken wickets  fans will slowly shift towards his support.

8 hours ago, zen said:

2 seasons later, Pandya ran back to MI. Don't know what fascination he has for MI or maybe he could not say "no" to Ambani, but for a captain to leave in such a fashion is rare. 

:money:obviously

Some articles say he got paid 75cr as the "undisclosed fee", so why wouldn't he jump?

It is fair from Pandya's standpoint. And booing is fair from the fans' standpoint. The only thing which I don't understand is why these so called cricket experts are taking the moral high ground and asking fans to "behave".  The fans will do whatever they feel appropriate.

Edited by bowl_out

20 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I still refuse to believe Rohit has that big a fan base. These bots are creating illusion by sharing section of crowd. Some of them were not actually booing. At times they cheered for MI the team. 

Hardik needs his own bot army

10 hours ago, VT87 said:

Rohit and his fans are worst  , a mediocre player and equally horrible person 

Do you have no idea how human emotions like loyalty works? Rohit won 5 cups, of course fans wont abandon him just because he is on the verge of retirement. Only selfish sociopaths abandon players like that.

26 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Booing is fine. Ronaldo still gets booed when by Athletico fans.

However I agree home team booing is not cool

PSG was literally booing Messi in their home matches entire last season he played there before moving to America.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

I still refuse to believe Rohit has that big a fan base. These bots are creating illusion by sharing section of crowd. Some of them were not actually booing. At times they cheered for MI the team. 

As people have mentioned a 1000 times, its more about Pandya bad mouthing MI and then sneaking in as captain over other deserving MI players which irks the crowd. 

But people keep pretending they dont understand this simple thing, lol

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Some articles say he got paid 75cr as the "undisclosed fee", so why wouldn't he jump?

It is fair from Pandya's standpoint. And booing is fair from the fans' standpoint. The only thing which I don't understand is why these so called cricket experts are taking the moral high ground and asking fans to "behave".  The fans will do whatever they feel appropriate.

This guy gets it.

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Is that not corruption??

ED kaha hai? :call:

2 hours ago, New guy said:

As people have mentioned a 1000 times, its more about Pandya bad mouthing MI and then sneaking in as captain over other deserving MI players which irks the crowd. 

But people keep pretending they dont understand this simple thing, lol

Yea very likely. They are portraying as if they are all Rohit fans lol