Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli Likely To Announce Retirement After T20 World Cup 2024: Report

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Any time i talk about Kohli on social media first question from these bots is "What about Rohit". When i say "I am talking about him as well" Then they bring up "What about Dhoni" lol  This Whataboutism continues until they run out of people to shift the blame.

My goodness this is the exact same thing I experience every time on X. Say one word against Kohli they think you're a Rohit fan nd vice versa. This madness has to end. 

16 hours ago, cricketfan28 said:

It will be good in the long term, short term it will be bad because of overstay and they will probably lose badly in the wt20.

Which accolades can be highlighted for a long term legacy? 

never ever announce retirement before an important tournament. you heap pressure on yourself and on others to win on your behalf. the captain's authority can also bleed away. look at klopp and liverpool

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

Appointing Rohit as captain as a mistake. But if alternative was Pandya being captain?what would be your choice?

A youngster like Pant/Samson, like how we tried with MSD in 2007. Anyone but Rohit.

2 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Should have given T20 captaincy to Bumrah 

Yeah, any youngster. Can't read too much into Bumrah's captaincy in a one-off test in Eng, different format here, different conditions, and Bumrah is a sure starter. 

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

Hogwash, just for sympathy because of the public outrage.

Same thing was said after '21, '22 T20 WCs as well. Yet we persist with the useless Rohit Sharma, at least Kohli had a few successes in between, Rohit has flopped for 5 or 6 straight WCs with sub 20 avg and sub 100 SR against non-minnows. 

Next T20 WC will be jointly hosted by Ind and SL. Then the seniors will be back for a retirement party at home. Indian fans are being taken for a ride by BCCI. 

yes, Ro-Ko will play in 2026, and Kohli in 2028 as well

I feel they will want to play until we win an ICC trophy. On a personal level it must be very hurtful for them to have not won a trophy in 11 years, despite so much bilateral success. 

40 minutes ago, Gollum said:

USA vs Canada rivalry is intense or what? In other sports.

Not in Cricket, USA has upperhand.  USA is lesser cricket nation historically, it is weaker than associate teams. But in T20 , they have upper hand.
"Canada and United States have faced each other in 7 matches in T20. Out of these 7 games, Canada have won 2 whereas United States have come out victorious on 5 occasions."

USA is like India and Canada is like Pakistan! :giggle:

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

A youngster like Pant/Samson, like how we tried with MSD in 2007. Anyone but Rohit.

Even Bumrah would be a great captain to try. He is in the starting XI anyway

Posted (edited)

Abhi kyun nahin karte retirement. World cup loss ko last kyun nahin kar sake tum log. 

These games of doing the wrong thing and then announcing retirement pre-tournament can be seen through by cricket fans. Announcement Achieves multiple objectives for these guys.

1. Brings in fans and neutrals on their side for the sympathy ride.

2. Excuses failures during games as these are like farewell games.

3. No consequences after as they already announced retirement.

4. Continues to bring in money during the big event.

Not a hater of these guys and enjoyed their cricket when they were good, but hard to resist the disappointment as I want to cheer for India and not these Individuals when the interest of them team does not align with their personal interests.

:wall::wall:

Edited by cricspirit
1 hour ago, Number said:

Indian players don't retire nowadays. They just stop getting picked.

This is a trait across the subcontinent tbh, barring a few exceptions like Dravid and Sanga almost everyone takes too long to retire. 

Posted (edited)

Rohit fatso's selection is worst out of all. He was kicked out of shortest format after Wt20 2022 SF debacle and rightly so. Played handful of good knocks in 50 overs format and managed to find his way back into squad as captain. Biggest freelaoader along with Jaddu in this format. The fatso was struggling against Livingstone in SF last time. FGS he was missing pies of Livingstone. Played the worst knock of KO history on Patta, any other country and he would have been thrown out of squad and barred from wearing national colours.

As Joy bhattacharya pointed out that the moment he was declared captain, India lost the tournament. You are basically giving away one slot to loser and making him captain. Everyone knows this loser's record in Wt20, even Nita Ambani despite not having so much knowledge threw this loser out as captain from IPL team. 

Edited by Bigg Brother