Was Agarkar more tailunted than Akram?

In all stars series both of them bowled to same batsmen on same pitches.

Agarkar had more wickets despite playing one game less than Akram.

This should settle it.

He also bowled better than Donald Walsh ambrose Murali pollock . So what he is still in his late 30s and other either pushing or past 50. He is the greatest of them all.

Agarkar was and remains one of my favorite LOI bowlers that played for India.

Beautiful high arm action and always hovering around the 136-142 range.one of the few bowlers that could bowl a good yorker.I remember him breakinh the dominance of SL over us in the late 90s.Up until then,Srinath and Prasad used to get whacked by the likes of Jayasuriya.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Yoda-esque said:

Beautiful high arm action and always hovering around the 136-142 range.one of the few bowlers that could bowl a good yorker.I remember him breakinh the dominance of SL over us in the late 90s.Up until then,Srinath and Prasad used to get whacked by the likes of Jayasuriya.

Agarkar was definitely underrated. He was a good bowler and a pretty good fielder. Batting wise he should've done better given the talent he had.

15 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Agarkar was definitely underrated. He was a good bowler and a pretty good fielder. Batting wise he should've done better given the talent he had.

+1

Most people may not be aware of his quick and strong arm. His throws from deep boundaries also used to come so quickly and strongly (with hardly a bounce) to the fielder or wicket keeper. That is a great asset particularly in LOIs when the opposition do not respect the strength of your arm and takes a risk for one more run and gets out. 

I remeber in one of the presentations bob woolmer gave post 2005 ind-pak Odi series was India shud stick to agarkar instead of balaji in ODI. 

Agarkar was a wkt taking bowler whose value was never understood by our setup, he was a bowler who wud leak runs but wud take wkts as well. Indian setup believes more in slow line n length bowler , thats y ull always hear bowl slow n stick to line n length. M taking bout a mentality that survived for long. Also i dnt think he enjoyed the confidence of ganguly to much as agarkar was more of backup bowler for him. He got more chances under chappell dravid. 

3 hours ago, sarcastic said:

+1

Most people may not be aware of his quick and strong arm. His throws from deep boundaries also used to come so quickly and strongly (with hardly a bounce) to the fielder or wicket keeper. That is a great asset particularly in LOIs when the opposition do not respect the strength of your arm and takes a risk for one more run and gets out. 

He had bazooka for an arm and could fire a flat throw from the boundary. For a wiry guy he sure packed quite a punch.

9 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

I remember one LOI series in west Indies where Agarkar was breathing fire. He wreaked havoc with his yorkers and I think he 2-3 wickets in the last overs with perfect banana swing yorkers at pretty quick pace. His yorkers were just as good as Waqar's, and had he been consistent and added variety, he could have been a great bowler.

I will always respct him for the kind of pace he generated, regardless of the pitches, or the worry of whether he would be in the team for next match or not. He would give it his all.

Batting wise, he didnt disappoint. Whenever he got the chance, he used to perform well. I remember at one point, he had the record of hitting the fastest fifty in about 22-23 balls. cant remember exactly.

8 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Batting wise, he didnt disappoint. Whenever he got the chance, he used to perform well. I remember at one point, he had the record of hitting the fastest fifty in about 22-23 balls. cant remember exactly.

Batting wise he did disappoint. He was quite talented and a wonderful timer of the ball. He actually started as an opener when he was a youngster before becoming a pacer so he definitely wasn't a slouch with the bat. With all his talent he should've been a no. 7 for us and a genuine all-rounder but he failed to do so. He ended up more as a bowler who could occasionally score some runs and the stats back him up. He should've ended up with an average around high 20s in Tests and mid 20s in odis in batting but his actual batting averages of 16 & 14 in Tests & odis respectively left a lot to be desired.