Shah Rukh Khan thread

bulbul

Steve Balmer is buying Clippers at ---- *Drum Roll* ---> 2 Billion, nope I did not make a mistake it is Billion with a Big B. Point to be noted -- Sports Franchises are selling at a premium from what it is even Valued at. FYI Man U is valued at 2.3 B. and the richest franchise in USA -- Cowboys at 1.9 B. So much for these valuations !!!!! http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/nba/Ex-Microsoft-CEO-Ballmer-to-buy-NBAs-LA-Clippers-for-2-billion/articleshow/35753106.cms

Some more eye-popping numbers. This might be an extreme case of analysis, but even it is half-true, it is still mind-boggling.

We recently took a look at how the sale of Los Angeles Clippers is going to change how pro teams' valuations are calculated based on how out-of-whack the $2 billion price tag was compared to the previously perceived value. Prior to the proposed Clippers sale to Steve Ballmer, the New York Knicks were considered the most valuable team in the NBA at $1.4 billion, according to Forbes. Meanwhile, the Clippers were considered just the 13th most valuable team with a valuation of $575 million. The overriding implication is that NBA teams in general are worth a lot more than we thought. To get a sense of how much teams might be worth, here is each team's most recent valuation as well as the value of the team if raised by the same multiple as the Clippers' sale price, which is 3.48 times bigger (cont. below). .. View photo .NBA Franchise Values BusinessInsider.com Instead of $1.4 billion, the New York Knicks are suddenly worth closer to $5 billion, the Lakers may be worth $4.7 billion, and the average team would be worth $2.2 billion instead of $634 million. Of course, this is the extreme case and it is quite possible Ballmer overpaid just because he desperately wanted to own a team. However, there are several reasons to believe the potential value of the franchise is much greater than the current value of $575 million, including a new television contract in the next few years and a current operating income ($15.0 million in 2013) that is actually below average ($23.7 million) despite being in the huge Los Angeles market. This sale also has the potential to impact franchise values in other sports. Things really start to look crazy if we consider the value of NFL franchises and if they are actually worth 3.48 times as much as their calculated Forbes.com value. The Dallas Cowboys might actually be worth $8.0 billion instead of their Forbes.com value of $2.3 billion. Of course, the Cowboys only play eight home games instead of 41 and they cannot sell their own television rights the way the Clippers can. But if there was open bidding for the Cowboys, $8 billion may not be that far-fetched.

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was detained at the Los Angeles International Airport by the US immigration department on Thursday. According to sources, he was cleared within an hour despite the alarm raised and so he has not filed a complaint with the authorities in India.

A US Department of State official has tweeted an apology to the actor saying, “Sorry for the hassle at the airport, Shah Rukh Khan. Even American diplomats get pulled for extra screening!”

Read: Did Shah Rukh Khan get a tattoo on his chest?

Khan said he understood the concerns of security establishments across the world, but pointed out that it “sucks” when such incidents happen frequently.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/shah-rukh-khan-detained-at-us-airport-again-catches-pokemon-to-kill-time/story-ZsrJ4zipJoLz6u4ZWilswO.html

13912552_1261211700589964_56236341611648

Ustad Amjad Ali has been denied UK visa as well .... Now if this is happening to Ind muslim celebrities, muslims from sub con Islamic countries will have little chance of being admitted to the west 

Edited by zen

I do hope this treatment is reciprocated to future visits by some white famous hollywood male actor to India, frisk him under suspicion of being a CIA agent or pedophile (Christopher Walken, lol).  

Edited by chewy

Has SRK complained ? Not sure what the fuss is .Typical tabloid ness Their country their rules .It's not like he is a diplomat.

I think he did tweet about it.

On topic -

Why does he bother to go there again and again when they stop him every single time ?

well I am pretty sure thousands if not lakhs of Muslims travel in and out of USA every day.....why is this guy getting flagged every single time?

I mean you can excuse 1 incident as a misunderstanding,if he is repeatedly being flagged...need to look deeper into this in my honest opinion.

Edited by maniac

12 hours ago, maniac said:

well I am pretty sure thousands if not lakhs of Muslims travel in and out of USA every day.....why is this guy getting flagged every single time?

I mean you can excuse 1 incident as a misunderstanding,if he is repeatedly being flagged...need to look deeper into this in my honest opinion.

he isnt detained every time. it is only 3rd time.

15 hours ago, surajmal said:

srk has some relative(s) in Pakistani army. And considering how his star shot up during company's reign over bollywood, there should be a question mark on him at all times. 

None of your claims stand any level of scrutiny. He has been stopped by the TSA on some of his visits only during the last 7 odd years. Half the movie 'Pardes' was shot in the US. This was mid to late 90s. He wasn't 'stopped' then. Or called aside. A substantial part of 'Swades' was also shot in the US, circa 2003. Nothing there too. The 'Company' had much more a hold on sections of Bollywood then.

I do not know if SRK has any relatives in the Pakistani army. But even if he hypothetically did have a few distant relatives, the US govt has no qualms funding and arming the Pak Fauj, hosting their generals etc. But yeah, they should 'stop' SRK for having distant relatives in the Pak fauj. :blink: