Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

6 minutes ago, speedheat said:

What happened to that Atif jabbar guy?? He was talked to be genuinely fast!!!

Also please shade some lights on ehtisham and bashir, about their pace, height seam moment etc.

Atif jabbar is a slinger . Can be a good limited overs bowler but i think his age goes against him . Doesnt get enough chances at the domestic level . Unlike india pakistan's domestic scene is a mess . Players appear and  fall of the radar for inexplicable reasons . India has far better structure and coaches . 

Most of the young bowling talent is with the Lahore Qalandars development squad .

Ehtisham is quick and tall . He has good basics . I havent seen bilal afridi but have heard good things about him .

The fastest young bowler in the country is the tape ball bowler Muhammad Zahid jnr . He clocked 148 in a talent hunt and than 149 kph in the NCA . If he gets opportunities he can develop into an express bowler . Another bowler who is currently one of the fastest with the tape ball is muhammad umar . He is also with the lahore qalandars squad.

Here is Muhammad Umar .

https://youtu.be/WAmDeXoJtoY

Atif jabbar is a slinger . Can be a good limited overs bowler but i think his age goes against him . Doesnt get enough chances at the domestic level . Unlike india pakistan's domestic scene is a mess . Players appear and  fall of the radar for inexplicable reasons . India has far better structure and coaches . 

Most of the young bowling talent is with the Lahore Qalandars development squad .

Ehtisham is quick and tall . He has good basics . I havent seen bilal afridi but have heard good things about him .

The fastest young bowler in the country is the tape ball bowler Muhammad Zahid jnr . He clocked 148 in a talent hunt and than 149 kph in the NCA . If he gets opportunities he can develop into an express bowler . Another bowler who is currently one of the fastest with the tape ball is muhammad umar . He is also with the lahore qalandars squad.

Here is Muhammad Umar .

Thanks for all the info mate,that helped. I have heard about Mohammad zahid he looked quick to me, but the concern is his height he looked too short also thanks for that Mohammed umar video link, you rarely post here you should post more often.

1 hour ago, the don said:

No its actually true . The guys have been down on pace in the westindies and lack the zip that international class bowlers get . Dont think any of these guys will make it as a worldclass test bowler .Ishant should have been replaced a while back . Yadav disspoints whenever you sense he might turn a page .

I may be wrong though.

India needs to develop a pool of bowlers otherwise the overseas tests will be very painful with the current crop. India's problems have always been taking 20 wickets.

I rate the Pakistani attack for the future a lot more in comparison . Amir , Hassan and Abbas have massive potential as a test attack . Even the backup bowlers like Ehtisham and Bashir are class . The limited overs attack is just as potent.

You think will be at their intense best against WI? Indian team has the propensity to play at level of their opponents irrespective of how weak the opponent is and lacks intensity.

56 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Pandya looks like a star. His looks outshine his bowling. The guy seems like a ultra talented movie star on the field. All he needs is a Indian girl in the stands to start dancing.

Will that be imad ? :phehe: or that other spinner i forgot her name young one

2 hours ago, the don said:

No its actually true . The guys have been down on pace in the westindies and lack the zip that international class bowlers get . Dont think any of these guys will make it as a worldclass test bowler .Ishant should have been replaced a while back . Yadav disspoints whenever you sense he might turn a page .

I may be wrong though.

India needs to develop a pool of bowlers otherwise the overseas tests will be very painful with the current crop. India's problems have always been taking 20 wickets.

I rate the Pakistani attack for the future a lot more in comparison . Amir , Hassan and Abbas have massive potential as a test attack . Even the backup bowlers like Ehtisham and Bashir are class . The limited overs attack is just as potent.

The pakistani lot are a bunch of boring trundlers. Wouldnt watch one match if they are in the bowling line up. If they don't sell their country off and cheat and fix matches within 1 year, they will disappear from world cricket because of lack of quality. Cheers mate

I may be wrong though.

Shami, Bumrah and Umesh are known for their zip off the deck.  Even on the slow surfaces of India, Umesh and Shami had been beating Australian, NZ and English batters for pace and hurrying them in the last test season. All 3 bowl 135 k to 148 k range in most matches against worthy opponents.

Pace and zip off the deck is not a problem for Indian pacers anymore.

This WI series was against a very weak opponent, after a very gruelling season.

It was a smart move to take it a bit easy. Even the, Umesh was bowling some 145 k balls. Shami was bowling quite a few 140 k+ balls after returning from such a long injury layoff.

Amir has disappointed in tests, both in terms of pace and in terms of performance. Let the others perform for 6 months in tests and ODIs, we will discuss then.

@express bowling @rkt.india Watch this clip of Srinath. Watch the delivery at 3:15 to Afridi. I think you would remember making the comment about ramiz raja's statement, it was actually on this ball and then one more time when the day's match was over, that Ramiz commented ' its not easy playing against the pace of Srinath and Waqar. This particular delivery looks pretty  snorter.

Edited by Rightarmfast
48 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

@express bowling @rkt.india Watch this clip of Srinath. Watch the delivery at 3:15 to Afridi. I think you would remember making the comment about ramiz raja's statement, it was actually on this ball and then one more time when the day's match was over, that Ramiz commented ' its not easy playing against the pace of Srinath and Waqar. This particular delivery looks pretty  snorter.

And this was after Srinath lost some pace.  Still looks so quick in this video.

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

@Rightarmfast

RAFbhai .... you will like these videos

This one only mentions the speeds registered from the 1999 WC, from which time speed-guns were regularly used in matches and shown on TV

This one includes the 157 k touched by Srinath in 1996/97

http://abcnewsgo.net/video/yJ7B_QnX1ots

They leave out the 151.1 kph  / 93.9 mph bowled by Shami in 2016 against NZ in the 2nd  test match.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-new-zealand-2016-17/engine/match/1030215.html?view=hawkeye

( check " Bowl speeds "  2nd innings )

Fastest balls officially recorded for Indians in international matches

Srinath   157.0 k      /      154 .5 k  1999 WC onward

Aaron     152.6 k

Ishant    152.5 k

Umesh   152.2 k

Shami    151.1 k

Nehra    149.7 k

Nice :) They need to add 149.6 for Srinath at WC 99 which made him the 2nd fastest in the world during 99.

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

@Mosher@Rightarmfast@rkt.india @Laaloo

@speedheat @vishalvirsingh

Fastest balls by Indians in international cricket ( as officially recorded )

This one only mentions the speeds registered from the 1999 WC, from which time speed-guns were regularly used in matches and shown on TV

They leave out the 151.1 kph  / 93.9 mph bowled by Shami in 2016 against NZ in the 2nd  test match.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-new-zealand-2016-17/engine/match/1030215.html?view=hawkeye

Aaron     152.6 k

Ishant    152.5 k

Umesh   152.2 k

Shami    151.1 k

Nehra    149.7 k

Aaron delivered a 153.x in a domestic game, thats the third fastest after Srinath's two fastest.

3 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Nice :) They need to add 149.6 for Srinath at WC 99 which made him the 2nd fastest in the world during 99.

They have mentioned the 154.5 k by Srinath in the 1999 World Cup.... bowled against Pakistan

The 149.6 k was in the first match against Australia ..... which grabbed more headlines..... but he bowled 4.9 k quicker a few days later and was the 2nd fastest of the WC 99 after Shoaib who bowled 156 k.    : )

34 minutes ago, express bowling said:

@Mosher@Rightarmfast@rkt.india @Laaloo

@speedheat @vishalvirsingh

@Vilander @Vk1 @Cricketics@tweaker

Fastest balls by Indians in international cricket ( as officially recorded )

Aaron     152.6 k

Ishant    152.5 k

Umesh   152.2 k

Shami    151.1 k

Nehra    149.7 k

Do you have videos for those srinath and shami spell or the deliveries .

How did Srinath lose so much pace within 5 months. ?? I remember seeing in a Tri series in Australia a couple of months later and he was bowling 130 - 134 kph .

Edited by the don
7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I was in the process of tagging your name when you posted. 

Wanted your input on this   : )

Any other names I have missed out  ?

Thanks for sharing the video.

Those are some of the bowlers who have been fastest for us over the years.

To add more, I would say Agarkar could be added to the list and Sreesanth, they weren't faster than all of them but could be faster than some of them mentioned.

Agarkar and Sreesanth both were pretty fast at a time. Also VRV Singh at his prime and also during South Africa tour of 2006 I think was very quick.