Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Finals and semi finals of ICC Events are not just another match.

Great players usually find it in them to perform in these big events. They draw that extra something from within to give their best.

Most Indian big players, including Bumrah, have failed to do this. 

This is the disappointing part.

No player becomes great after 19 tests.

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I sincerely wish this is last of Ishant's mediocrity in Indian cricket. This is his 5th tour I think, still just an above average performer. Thank you very much. Siraj is ready to be a regular.

Prasidh Krishna can be a very good replacement of Ishant in future.

Yep he is done. Bye bye. 

22 hours ago, rkt.india said:

No player becomes great after 19 tests.

Players, who eventually become great near the ends of their careers, show the trait of performing in big matches throughout their careers.

And Bumrah may have played just 20 tests but his international career is 5.5 years old.

Edited by express bowling
6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Players, who eventually become great near the ends of their careers, show the trait of performing in big matches throughout their careers.

And Bumrah may have played just 21 tests but his international career is 5.5 years old.

Performing in one two games doesn't make Anyone great. Even Andy bichel has done. Being great is a product of performance over a long career.

On 6/20/2021 at 8:20 PM, express bowling said:

Incorrect.

Even today till the 17th over

Fastest

Bumrah.  146 k

Shami.     140 k

Average

Bumrah.  141 k

Shami.     138 k.

Bumrah bowled a fastest of 149 kph in the England test series in 2021 and a Fastest of 148 kph on the tour to Australia in 2020-21.

I read that Shami's average pace was 138 kph since 2019. Bumrah's average speed was 140.13 kph till his stress fracture . Before this test, Cricviz said his career average speed was 138.5 kph. I calculated and saw that his average speed since the stress fracture was 136.03. He has lost around 4 kph in terms of average speed and that is quite significant. 

Edited by Nikhil_cric
5 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I read that Shami's average pace was 138 kph since 2019. Bumrah's average speed was 140.13 kph till his stress fracture . Before this test, Cricviz said his career average speed was 138.5 kph. I calculated and saw that his average speed since the stress fracture was 136.03. He has lost around 4 kph in terms of average speed and that is quite significant. 

Do you have the link to this Cricviz article ?

Bumrah averaged less than 138 kph only in 3 

test innings since his stress fracture. And all were around the time he incurred abdomen injury earlier this year.

Found this article at the beginning of this year by Cricviz. Bumrah gets 1.31 deg of average movement across venues. It is strange that he did not do so this time in England. 

https://www.cricviz.com/welcome-home-jasprit-bumrah/

An excerpt ...

" In terms of the ball, and the vagaries which come from having different manufacturers producing the ball in Tests around the world, Bumrah is in the enviable situation of not really relying on lateral movement. Of the 50 established seamers in Test cricket since Bumrah debuted, he ranks 34th for average lateral movement (swing + seam), his 1.31° more than enough to trouble batsmen 

Nobody of his pace, average speed of 138kph+, targets the stumps more often than Bumrah does, with 13% of his deliveries projected to hit or clip. The only man close is Mohammed Shami, a yard slower but a touch higher at 14%; India need a replacement, but they may be in for an upgrade. "

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Found this article at the beginning of this year by Cricviz. Bumrah gets 1.31 deg of average movement across venues. It is strange that he did not do so this time in England. 

https://www.cricviz.com/welcome-home-jasprit-bumrah/

An excerpt ...

" In terms of the ball, and the vagaries which come from having different manufacturers producing the ball in Tests around the world, Bumrah is in the enviable situation of not really relying on lateral movement. Of the 50 established seamers in Test cricket since Bumrah debuted, he ranks 34th for average lateral movement (swing + seam), his 1.31° more than enough to trouble batsmen 

Nobody of his pace, average speed of 138kph+, targets the stumps more often than Bumrah does, with 13% of his deliveries projected to hit or clip. The only man close is Mohammed Shami, a yard slower but a touch higher at 14%; India need a replacement, but they may be in for an upgrade. "

something to do with injury?He wasnt getting movement in IPL too IIRC

If I was kohli..I would do a SOS call for Bhuvi OR Deepak Chahar.

Swing is the king in Southampton kind of conditions and I would be tempted to play Siraj, Shammi and Bhuvi or Deepak Chahar along with Ashwin as the bowling attack. Possibly play Mayank Aggarwal as opener and gill as no 3. Also play a proper no 6 batsman. Drop pujara.

Siraj , Shammi and umesh or Prasidh ahead of ishant as Bhuvi and chahar are not available.

Bumrah has to get his line n length figured out for England.

10 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

If I was kohli..I would do a SOS call for Bhuvi OR Deepak Chahar.

Swing is the king in Southampton kind of conditions and I would be tempted to play Siraj, Shammi and Bhuvi or Deepak Chahar along with Ashwin as the bowling attack. Possibly play Mayank Aggarwal as opener and gill as no 3. Also play a proper no 6 batsman. Drop pujara.

Siraj , Shammi and umesh or Prasidh ahead of ishant as Bhuvi and chahar are not available.

Bumrah has to get his line n length figured out for England.

Siraj and deepak chahar with shami and prasidh might cut it. But unlikely. 

What a time to bottle it by our pacers, that too in such perfect conditions. Even rookie pacers would've done better than what the three of them produced in the 4th innings. Once you fail at the biggest stages repeatedly, there is no scope of redemption.

If the three of them play together again, it will be a travesty. Ideally only one of them should play in the first 2-3 tests in England. 

41 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

What a time to bottle it by our pacers, that too in such perfect conditions. Even rookie pacers would've done better than what the three of them produced in the 4th innings. Once you fail at the biggest stages repeatedly, there is no scope of redemption.

If the three of them play together again, it will be a travesty. Ideally only one of them should play in the first 2-3 tests in England. 

Shami did well bro. Bumrah bombed it. Maybe match fitness ? Not sure. Ishant only plays one format. Chutiya salah. 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Shami did well bro. Bumrah bombed it. Maybe match fitness ? Not sure. Ishant only plays one format. Chutiya salah. 

In the second innings, he too fizzled out. But he was top class in the first innings, should be the only one to start first test vs England to give the attack some experience.