How Indians perceive Pakistan and Bangladesh cricket teams

BD is am improved side however I don't like them cause of their fans who expect respect but not willing to extend it. Also they are extremely sensitive all of them, Sehwag said something 10yrs back these guys are still hanging onto it, move on. You are an avg side, taskin is an avg bowler, you aren't world beaters so stop acting like one. mushy and his victory dance sums up BD team and fans.

Pak has a cricket history , some great players and mature fans. Yes I hate losing to Pak but when we do we know we lost to a better team.

Bang team- well honestly at this point a better Odi team than Pak, SL , WI. In t20s they r yet to figure out the right combinations. I dnt find them taking their test cricket srsly at this point. Their biggest strength is their captain mashrafe so it wud be intersting to see that side post Mortaza. 

Pak- Duffer board, Ex- cricketers who does understand sports psychology, current players who lacks passion to play specially their so called talents. No proper system, no proper planning, no patience, weak domestic structure, so much politics inside board n team. They are not that bad when it comes to talent part i feel SL is way behind them but they still wud come out of lump soon coz of proper planning and right ppl at right place. Pakistan golden age is over i really dnt see this team rising in any format . They are way way behind modern day cricket which even teams like Wi and bang are not. A team that will only save it grace by the brillaint raw talents it produces but wnt reach anywere coz the slef destruct button among them .

In general what I see is that Indians accept Pakistan as equals but cannot digest when Bangladesh looks eye to eye.  

But I think this perception needs to change as over the next decade Bangladesh is going to emerge as the second most important country in the subcontinent bar military strength. Bangladesh's foreign currency reserves are now 40% more than that of Pakistan (USD 28 billion vs USD 20 billion  ) and even their exports are significantly more than Pakistan (USD 33 billion vs USD 24 billion) which a decade earlier was unimaginable. The Bangladesh economy has been growing at over 6% for the last 5 years. Economically seeking Bangladesh is bound to overtake Pakistan. In the subcontinent If India = USA then Bangladesh will become South Korea and Pakistan will be North Korea over the next decade.

Even the Indian government has realized that. 10 years back all the talk was about having a sealed border with Bangladesh but see how things have changed. India has now opened its border with Bangladesh. Indian vehicles are now going from Assam and Tripura to West Bengal through Bangladesh and Bangladeshi ones will soon start plying to Nepal and Bhutan through India and Chittagong Port will soon be the 7 NE state's nearest accessible sea port. Not just that the process to integrate our power grids and internet gateways have also been completed. And Modi is no fool that he further committed 2 billion dollars to boost connectivity with Bangladesh. 

I know a majority of Bangladesh fans are immature but it comes more from the frustration of not getting the recognition that most emerging countries yearn for.

As for Indians they consider Pakistan as their rivals in all spheres for decades in the subcontinent. But practically Pakistan can never match India in any field. But still I wonder how Indians can accept Pakistan as equals when in reality Pakistan is even behind Bangladesh in most things. Even in Bangladesh we don't consider Pakistan a rival. We have overtaken India to become the second largest garments exporting nation after China. Nowadays all the planning is how to make our leather, pharma, ship building industries more competitive so that we can fight it out with Vietnam, India and China for low cost manufacturing. Pakistan does not come to the equation even for Bangladeshis so I really wonder what makes India look into Pakistan so highly.

Anyways as for India Bangladesh cricket matches go, during this time of friendship it's real worrying if cricket matches ruin all this positive development that Modi and Hasina are trying to foster. Maybe we should stop playing for now for the economic interest of Bangladesh and eastern India till the Bangladeshi fans mature and the Indian fans learn to give acceptance to a new country equivalent or better than Pakistan. 

Even after 30 years of playing cricket you are Going with 0 wins while look at Afghan Bachcha's .They had nothing 5-7 years back yet they are going with win against Windies.Compare your situation with Afghan's  which are living ruined country with hardly any economical support yet they impressed the entire world with their performance.

Bangla fans need to humble just winning few meaningless ODI series and few upsets you record is disastrous in cricket. Why a cricket crazy nation with growing economy cannot become cricketing power is beyond my understanding

Bangladesh cannot beat us outside Bangladesh in any series either Test, ODI or T20. We might even win in BD if we select decent players and play upto potential. Sri Lanka is also clearly a weaker team now and we beat then last year in their home. So its obvious that we are second beat asian side.

Who said Pak economy was an equal to India's??? :dizzy:

India Pak rivalry is on the sporting field and is amplified by the fact that both neighbours share poor deplomatic relations and have fought multiple wars. It is not the same as India playing Bangladesh or SL. Bangladesh on the cricket front have come leaps and bounds since the last 2-3 years. Now they are a highly competent team. I would say that in LOIs currently, they are the second best Asian team. Both SL and Pak are playing poorly. 

BD is an okay ODI side in their home turf. I'll give you that. But they are no team to lose sleep over in an ICC event. As Dhoni put it, beating BD is more a relief than jubilation.  Yes that may sound insulting. But that is the reality. Teams are just careful not to lose to you rather than proving a point. If  fans compare players (like Tendulkar vs Lara, Kohli vs Root  etc) they invariably exclude the performance against BD and compare. They won't exclude performance against Pakistan. That should tell you fans still treat BD as a minnow team who often wins a few match and  loses a lot.

22 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Even Afghanistan and Pakistan won a match in the tournament, BD 0 for all the bravado their fans show.

Bangla will be firm favorites vs. Afghan home & away. Stronger than Pak n SL on form as well.

Taskin and Mustafizur are world class. 

7 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Bangla will be firm favorites vs. Afghan home & away. Stronger than Pak n SL on form as well.

Taskin and Mustafizur are world class. 

Mustafizur is a top class bowler. Taskin is a good prospect but he is nowhere near being a world class bowler. He has done nothing of note to be called a world class bowler.

15 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Mustafizur is a top class bowler. Taskin is a good prospect but he is nowhere near being a world class bowler. He has done nothing of note to be called a world class bowler.

Yes, hasn't done anything but he has potential (I think).

17 minutes ago, Mosher said:

I think BD fans get excited because he is "phaast" and not skinny.  From what I have seen of him, he's a poor man's umesh yadav at best so far.  

Jokes aside, I think its pace at a young age that has BD fans excited.  A rosy projection based on his potential if he keeps improving, stays injury free, would excite fans of a country who really haven't had too many fast bowlers.  So that is understandable.  But it is not a given that a promising young quick will grow into a better bowler - Cricket is littered with dozens of such young pacers who could have done good things if they kept improving.  But as we know, it takes very little for BD fans to cream their pants way too early and start proclaiming top-class status, whether its player potential or a few home wins...

On 25/03/2016 at 4:37 PM, ravishingravi said:

you must be watching different game then mate. They are producing some really good quick bowlers. I repeat "quick" bowlers. 

They will and probably have as good if not better bowling attack than us which with experience will be killing it. 

Yes they are producing "quick" bowler most happen to chuck. 

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

But as we know, it takes very little for BD fans to cream their pants way too early and start proclaiming top-class status, whether its player potential or a few home wins...

This.

Every time the BD team takes a tentative step forward they encounter someone like Binny who schools them back to minnowdom. The recent gains in LOIs are now offset by the epic fail against IND in the WT20.

50 minutes ago, profster said:

This.

Every time the BD team takes a tentative step forward they encounter someone like Binny who schools them back to minnowdom. The recent gains in LOIs are now offset by the epic fail against IND in the WT20.

They are undeniably getting better.  But their fans are so impatient and desperate to be considered as "non-minnows" that they prematurely ejaculate their silliness everywhere.  And then get offended if their team and they don't get the respect that they have decided unilaterally that they "deserve".  A couple of home wins, and suddenly they are the self-proclaimed "best ODI team in Asia".  A good catch here and there, and Sabbir is "the best fielder in Asia".  Beta, its not a swayamvar, where one arrow will win you Draupadi.  You have to consistently perform at a certain level, before you are considered legit.  A few one-offs don't make a non-minnow...

Some good posts :nice:

On why we give so much importance to Pakistan : Akir beta beta hota hai aur baap ka dil bada hai.

Bangladesh can improve leaps but they won't be considered as a subcontinental power at least for the next decade or so. Pakistan are not considered equal but we accept that we have a special relation with them.

This thread should be moved to the chit chat section.

22 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

BD is an okay ODI side in their home turf. I'll give you that. But they are no team to lose sleep over in an ICC event. As Dhoni put it, beating BD is more a relief than jubilation.  Yes that may sound insulting. But that is the reality. Teams are just careful not to lose to you rather than proving a point. If  fans compare players (like Tendulkar vs Lara, Kohli vs Root  etc) they invariably exclude the performance against BD and compare. They won't exclude performance against Pakistan. That should tell you fans still treat BD as a minnow team who often wins a few match and  loses a lot.

We should start excluding performance against Pakistan, they are minnows now

Why should you care how other countries perceive you. Personally I don't care much. Pakistan has been a big cricketing nation and is not been a big challenge recently esp in batting (which is associate level right now). Bangladesh has improved fast and are more consistent and not dependent on only few individuals. Challenge would be how to graduate to the next level and become decent in Tests