Should Robin Uthappa be brought back to team India

sarcastic

I think he has been very very consistent for many years in IPL (not that it is the absolute standard) but he has been performing well in domestic cricket. 
I know there are lot of youngsters knocking doors but Uthappa has not been that bad an option either for some years until the next generation becomes fully ready. 

I believe Uthappa is due his place in team India given that he has been there for a while in 2006-08 era and got booted out because of his immaturity at that time and now has completely transformed himself. This will also motivate other players that a good domestic performance can bring them into national reckoning even if you are not a youngster anymore. 

25 minutes ago, kira said:

We have so many promising youngsters like pant, rana, samson etc and you want to bring back a tried and tested failure? Why? :no:

Yes we do have youngsters but only few of them are consistent performers at the domestic (i.e. Ranji) tournaments.
Also, Robin Uthappa did not get his due when he was dropped right before WC 2015 when his performance has not been that bad. 
And if we look at Uthappa's domestic performances since 2013-14 season, it is simply outstanding. (He had one bad season in between). 

It is time we give due to those who are giving their best to get back to national reckoning. We should try to avoid not having future Jaffers or Murali Karthiks. 

Having said this, some of the youngsters probably deserve a place ahead of Uthappa at this time. 

Uthappa and Dinesh karthik are players who performed well in domestic had potential and expectations but never fulfilled them at international level. They have been given enough chances. We cannot risk having the for CT. If this was an inconsequential bilateral series then we could maybe offer one last chance for them but nt fr Ct no.

Yes we do have youngsters but only few of them are consistent performers at the domestic (i.e. Ranji) tournaments.

Also, Robin Uthappa did not get his due when he was dropped right before WC 2015 when his performance has not been that bad. 

And if we look at Uthappa's domestic performances since 2013-14 season, it is simply outstanding. (He had one bad season in between). 

It is time we give due to those who are giving their best to get back to national reckoning. We should try to avoid not having future Jaffers or Murali Karthiks. 

Having said this, some of the youngsters probably deserve a place ahead of Uthappa at this time. 

Uthappa has been even dropped from Karnataka Ranji team.What outstanding recent Ranji form are u exactly referring to?

Sadly he won't be. Though I don't think he's earned it.

He had a few opportunities for India which he didn't really grab.

The potential was always there, along with Dhawan the selectors had their eyes on him from a young age, but he hasn't delivered to a high enough standard. 

As good as these IPL performances are, I don't think they translate to International cricket