Pakistani selectors have outsmarted their Indian counterparts

First of all, I would like to say congratulations to Team Pakistan for their amazing win against Team India to clinch the champion's trophy. Well done green shirts! :clap: 

I believe the real MVPs for Pakistan's win are their selectors, they have done a brilliant job in giving their fearless youngsters a chance instead of going back to past it old players like India have done. Pakistan is the only team to have given 3 debuts to youngsters in this tournament: Fakhar Zaman, Fahim Ashraf & Ruman Raees; All 3 have played a part in their team to win the title! Team India would never have debuted a youngster in a ICC event in a million years! They also played other inexperienced youngsters like Hasan Ali & Shadab Khan who played big roles for them to become champions! Very bold move by the Pakistani selection committee :bow: 

Now my question for all of us ICFers is that if Pakistan can give so many young inexperienced players a chance to express themselves, then why can't our selectors do the same for our young talent? What was the point of going back 35 year old Yuvraj who is clearly done and dusted and won't feature in 2019 World Cup? What was the point in selecting Ashwin who just came back from injury and is mediocre in LOIs in general? Why does Karthik keep coming back into the team again and again despite doing nothing in his 10 year career? Where have our young cricketers gone? Why do our selectors have no faith in our youngsters like the Pakistani selectors have faith in theirs? 

We won WT20 2007 with a young aggressive side and became champions. We also won CT13 by dropping non performing seniors like Gambhir, Sehwag and Yuvraj and were undefeated in that tournament. So why this sudden urge to stop picking youngsters in the Indian cricket team? It seems like both Ind and Pak selectors have swapped positions, because Pakistan was known to recall TTFs into their team while India gave chances to youngsters. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore though. 

Indian selectors need to stop living in the past and give talented Indian youth a chance now. We need to start building the team for the 2019 World Cup and it should start right from the upcoming series against West Indies. We have a lot of talent in our domestic circuit but we will never know how good they are if we keep selecting under performing seniors. If Pak selectors can have faith in their youth, our selectors should have faith in ours as well. 

23 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

First of all, I would like to say congratulations to Team Pakistan for their amazing win against Team India to clinch the champion's trophy. Well done green shirts! :clap: 

I believe the real MVPs for Pakistan's win are their selectors, they have done a brilliant job in giving their fearless youngsters a chance instead of going back to past it old players like India have done. Pakistan is the only team to have given 3 debuts to youngsters in this tournament: Fakhar Zaman, Fahim Ashraf & Ruman Raees; All 3 have played a part in their team to win the title! Team India would never have debuted a youngster in a ICC event in a million years! They also played other inexperienced youngsters like Hasan Ali & Shadab Khan who played big roles for them to become champions! Very bold move by the Pakistani selection committee :bow: 

Now my question for all of us ICFers is that if Pakistan can give so many young inexperienced players a chance to express themselves, then why can't our selectors do the same for our young talent? What was the point of going back 35 year old Yuvraj who is clearly done and dusted and won't feature in 2019 World Cup? What was the point in selecting Ashwin who just came back from injury and is mediocre in LOIs in general? Why does Karthik keep coming back into the team again and again despite doing nothing in his 10 year career? Where have our young cricketers gone? Why do our selectors have no faith in our youngsters like the Pakistani selectors have faith in theirs? 

We won WT20 2007 with a young aggressive side and became champions. We also won CT13 by dropping non performing seniors like Gambhir, Sehwag and Yuvraj and were undefeated in that tournament. So why this sudden urge to stop picking youngsters in the Indian cricket team? It seems like both Ind and Pak selectors have swapped positions, because Pakistan was known to recall TTFs into their team while India gave chances to youngsters. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore though. 

Indian selectors need to stop living in the past and give talented Indian youth a chance now. We need to start building the team for the 2019 World Cup and it should start right from the upcoming series against West Indies. We have a lot of talent in our domestic circuit but we will never know how good they are if we keep selecting under performing seniors. If Pak selectors can have faith in their youth, our selectors should have faith in ours as well. 

See the problem is that Pakistan was ranked 8th, and after losing to India in the first game, the public crucified wahab and Ahmed shehzad's selection. Being ranked 8th, the coach and captain had nothing to loose and gave a chance to these youngsters. 

India on the other hand were a strong team on paper and ranked in top 3. The pressure to introduce someone new during an ICC event .... yea

3 minutes ago, Pak_cric said:

See the problem is that Pakistan was ranked 8th, and after losing to India in the first game, the public crucified wahab and Ahmed shehzad's selection. Being ranked 8th, the coach and captain had nothing to loose and gave a chance to these youngsters. 

India on the other hand were a strong team on paper and ranked in top 3. The pressure to introduce someone new during an ICC event .... yea

They missed the boat when the team was selected.

Ashwin - seriously that guy did not play for two months.

Yuvraj - total bs selection.

Dhoni - biggest loser.

pakistan selectors look like geniuses compared to the nonsense Indians delivered.

The biggest problem is that despite even tasting success with trying young players and dumping older players in the World T20 2007, which we won, we have still not learnt a thing. We won that tournament having hardly ever played any T20 game (I think we played just one game vs SA before that).

We picked a new captain, dropped all seniors, gave opportunities to younger players, even had a debutante in the final and still won! That should have been a lesson on when to dump liabilities who go by the name of experience without performance. 

We need some selectors who have a spine. These selectors are f***ing amoebas.

15 minutes ago, Pak_cric said:

Your selectors picked uncapped or very inexperienced players in the squad and it payed off marvelously. They could have easily selected some "experienced" TTFS like Kamran Akmal, Rahat Ali, Yasir Shah etc. in place of these uncapped youngsters but didn't and rightly so! 

These current Indian selectors have no faith in our young cricketers, which cost them this trophy 

Why are we comparing ourselves with a team that was ranked 8th and were playing their first ICC final in 8 years? Whose selection policies are more successful?

Having said that, I have no idea why they're backing a past-his-prime Yuvraj at this point. Shouldn't have got another look-in after the 2014 World T20 debacle. There's also Dhoni but there's a great deal of uncertainty with other wicketkeeper-bats in India.

18 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Our selection was not that great. The selection of Azhar Ali, Shehzad, and Hafeez were by far the worst selections. The thing is our ODI unit is far from perfect. We are missing out on hitters. Gotta take out Azhar and Hafeez from our side if we wanna move forward.

You just beat SA, England and India. Your selectors did a great job.

I have a question why do these selectors always pick the side for next series right in middle of on going series or before the final of a championship. Are they scared that if big players fail to perform there will be pressure on them to drop them or give chance to new players? Look at this tournament, if the selectors waited till the finals, they could have rested Yuvraj, Dhoni, Jadeja and Ashwin and pick some fresh talent. 

12 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

I have a question why do these selectors always pick the side for next series right in middle of on going series or before the final of a championship. Are they scared that if big players fail to perform there will be pressure on them to drop them or give chance to new players? Look at this tournament, if the selectors waited till the finals, they could have rested Yuvraj, Dhoni, Jadeja and Ashwin and pick some fresh talent. 

Because they are stupid. They should wait till the end. How stupid can you get.

Not really, they also had there faults. They won doesn't mean they have loopholes. They keep picikinf Shahzad and Hafeez who are hated big time in Pakistan.  They keep foing back to those two also.

Though they definitely did well like using Fakhar Zaman which we lacked, but overall, they did not really do anything extremely special as they have always only had youngsters as their past players barring Malik have always failed which is different in our case as our past players have scored at times and have been inconsistent and that "not sure" attitude is by which has kept selectors interested in picking them again and again.

1 hour ago, Sgattick10 said:

Which means there are factors other than just merit to get selected. IIRC, the same Dhoni, Yuvraj have been rested before for Windies/Bangladesh tours a few years back but played in the IPL. Correct me if I'm wrong. Now, since their times are nearly over they want to hold onto the dear Indian cap. They have to learn a thing or two from Dravid. Even when he was not playing in the Indian team, he always gave it all for his Karnataka team. I don't remember a Yuvraj doing the same. But we all should assume all is well in Indian cricket and support the team! ****

Edited by The Dark Horse

Pakistan is going back to late 1990s when they used to blood youngsters frequently. India on the other hand is a team with a bunch of jokers as selectors headed by a useless prasad. Our team has gone beyond criticism.. they don't even care for defeat or do introspection. If we were in the other group I wonder if we could have defeated eng and aus. 

Plan for the probable conditions in 2019. Flat pitches like this would mean to drop ashwin and take a call on jadeja. Give wrist spinners some time to develop.  Think of where to slot kl rahul and pant. Have backup slots ready for key players. 

You know what, I feel the selections of Pakistan have been due to lack of credible options rather than adventurism. How can you expect a hack like Fakhar Zaman (no disrespect but the dude had no technique) to slog his way to a hundred? I'm sure he will face tough time as his career progresses but that discussion is for another time. If anything, Pakistan selectors have been very kind to give captaincy to a guy like Sarfraz who seems to be a very good player and street smart. Other things have fallen into place. I'm not sure if you can call the selections of Hafeez, Malik, Azhar Ali as 'smart'. If anything, it's regressive.

Well, to be honest Pakistan still have Shoaib Malik, Hafeez, Shehzad, Wahab etc. in their squad and their batting still looks fragile. The opener is not an impressive batsman. He was just riding his luck and things were going for him but good on him for backing himself and not holding back. Pak bowling has always been capable of winning matches on their day. These two factors worked for them. Their selectors really had nothing to do with it.

On the other hand, Indian selectors are a bunch of jokers headed by the retard MSK Prasad who neither has the guts or the vision to build a good team. I feel as if Indian team is now like an old boys club where the usual suspects keep getting picked irrespective of their performance. Ashwin and Jadeja have been crap in ODIs for a couple of years and yet never get dropped. Same with Yuvi, Rahane. They will now bash a poor West Indies side and continue in the team for 2 more years, then more minnow games will be scheduled just for them. 

So selectors virtually have no influence. They are just there for namesake.

You sound like a ranting Pakistani fan lol. This is how we have been feeling for yrs & yrs. TTF's careers are coming to an end.

On the subject, I was suprised that Yuvraj was selected & not Pant & Sarfraz.

Time for Dhoni & Yuvraj to retire from this format. Maybe drop Ravi Jadeja.