Has Karn Sharma made a case for himself in the LOI setup?

tweaker

Karn has already played for India.Right now he's in pretty good form though it's against NZ who are weak against spin

specially wrist spin. Karn has also done well in this year's Duleep Trophy.I know Chahal is doing well but Mishra is out

of contention and Rahul Chahar is a rookie so Karn is the only other legspinner in the setup.So can he keep Chahal on

his toes and take his place in near future? The advantage Karn has got over Chahal is his batting ability while Chahal

can't hold the wood to save his life :giggle:

Edited by ShebbySB
14 hours ago, SK_IH said:

, domestic followers can tell about his batting abilities, is he better than axar or at par with or inferior to axar the batsman @rkt.india , @express bowling

Axar is the better batsman as of today ..... better at hitting the big shots and batting at a higher SR too.

But Karn is a decent batter.

On a different issue, Karn's ability to spin the ball has improved in the last 14 months.

Edited by express bowling
21 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

Karn has already played for India.Right now he's in pretty good form though it's against NZ who are weak against spin

specially wrist spin. Karn has also done well in this year's Duleep Trophy.I know Chahal is doing well but Mishra is out

of contention and Rahul Chahar is a rookie so Karn is the only other legspinner in the setup.So can he keep Chahal on

his toes and take his place in near future? The advantage Karn has got over Chahal is his batting ability while Chahal

can't hold the wood to save his life :giggle:

Wrist spinners usually mature late....

they will at the best ...probably...@28...

i haven't seen him but he is taking truck loads of wickets...

Karn should be in test matches as he lacks the fitness to be in one day side....so better comparison should be with K. Yadav...not with Y. Chahal..

I believe that Karn Sharma may be ahead of Kuldeep at this point of time...And Karn as the obvious advantage of bowl leaving the right hander....

2 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Wrist spinners usually mature late....

they will at the best ...probably...@28...

i haven't seen him but he is taking truck loads of wickets...

Karn should be in test matches as he lacks the fitness to be in one day side....so better comparison should be with K. Yadav...not with Y. Chahal..

I believe that Karn Sharma may be ahead of Kuldeep at this point of time...And Karn as the obvious advantage of bowl leaving the right hander....

He can work on his fitness but has batting talent which is crucial at 8 or 9 in LOIs.

He has to wait till Yuzi is there, unless he gets injured or get smashed  or given rest and this could be a long wait. He has to use this time to keep improving, keep chipping away with wkts, keep scoring crucial runs. Who knws a bit more talent with the bat might tilt favour in his side in future if it comes to Yuzi vs karn for one spot and their bowling proves out to be equal