Should India try to go after Philander

vvvslaxman

If not at the beginning should Indian batsmen stay outside the crease and take everything on the full or force him to bowl short?  Once you allow him enough length to swing he can become lethal in helpful conditions.  They have to disturb his rhythm.  He reminds me of guys like Derek Pringle, Angus Fraser who would keep hitting the same length. 

They should but we can’t ask Vijay nd Pujara to change their game. Rahul I am sure will go after him whenever he thinks the ball is lose and so will Kohli, but about Rahul, this is going to be  his first time, that is if he is given chance, and its better we don’t expect much from him. May be thats when he might surprise us and deliver some runs whih we all are hoping for.

Like I said earlier South Africa is the place with most dismissals taking place behind the wicket around at and around slip cordon region. We should be wary of that.

Be Positive but not over aggressive. 

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

If not at the beginning should Indian batsmen stay outside the crease and take everything on the full or force him to bowl short?  Once you allow him enough length to swing he can become lethal in helpful conditions.  They have to disturb his rhythm.  He reminds me of guys like Derek Pringle, Angus Fraser who would keep hitting the same length. 

Ashwin tried that actually lol but just like most Ashwin innings in tests,he ran out of steam.

7 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo..... We don't have swagg of sehwagh to do it in this current team, last time I checked they tried to go after moeen Ali and gifted bucketful of wickets to the darter :wall: 

Sehwag never had the technique to do that in these conditions.

His record in SA is horrific.Only redeeming feature was his debut hundred.

13 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

I meant swag of sehwagh(positive attitude) and not actual sehwagh.

Edited by speedheat

Philander can always have the keeper up should you stay outside of the crease. I am not sure he would do with new ball. Batsmen have to find a way to throw him off his line and length. It is almost like he is always one ball away from snaring the batsman. I do not expect pitch to be flat given that how fragile our batting is against moving balls.

On 1/10/2018 at 11:11 PM, BeautifulGame said:

But he did had have that quick fire 30 in durban in 2010. That was a underrated knock.