Captain Kohli and his love for past it cricketers.

SecondSlip

In the past few years, the following players made a comeback into the Indian team under Kohli's captaincy: 

- Harbhajan Singh (Tests in 2015)
- Amit Mishra (Tests in 2015)
- Gautam Gambhir (Tests in 2016) 
- Parthiv Patel (Tests in 2016) 
- Yuvraj Singh (ODIs in 2017) 
- Dinesh Karthik (ODIs in 2017, Tests in 2018) 

I am not a Dhoni bhakt but I don't ever remember these many has-beens making a comeback into the Indian team under his captaincy. Dhoni always backed and supported young talent to shine at the highest level, with Virat Kohli being one of them. 

None of the names mentioned above have cemented their place in the team across formats. Captain Kohli should have used this time to groom young exciting talent instead of wasting it on these past it cricketers. 

Our cricket is going nowhere by giving countless chances to these has-beens. Where is the blueprint for the future of Indian Cricket? Oh wait, I guess there is none! 

29 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

Lets blame this batch of selectors as well, esp the chief MSK. No point in putting the entire blame on kohli alone.

In Kohli’s first test series as full time captain, Harbhajan makes a comeback. 

In Kohli’s first ODI series as full time captain, Yuvraj makes a comeback.  

Coincidence? I think not! 

Its quite clear that Kohli supports has-beens and TTFs over young talent. 

43 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

Lets blame this batch of selectors as well, esp the chief MSK. No point in putting the entire blame on kohli alone.

The selectors have made usually excellent picks for the A tours and other domestic trophies. Whenever a team is picked for senior team is when all these discarded oldies turn up.

My two cents are the selectors won't go against the wishes of captain and coach. Just think about it, when stalwarts like Ganguly, Sachin, Laxman in the committee couldn't go against Kohli's choice Shastri after Kumble was discarded, what chance does MSK Prasad have?

How relevant is Sourav Ganguly’s advisory panel, if Virat Kohli has the last word?

http://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/how-relevant-is-sourav-ganguly-s-advisory-panel-if-virat-kohli-has-the-last-word/story-mMODZ6YJSwxwDGaXsWL6iK.html

Edited by Forever Indian