Jump to content
Temujin Khaghan

Rahane has learnt nothing from 2016 t20WC SF?

Recommended Posts

He still thinks it's quite possible to win t20 matches with run a ball half centuries built on singles and doubles...

 

He hit a below par knock on that day and robbed us by atleast another 20 runs on that patta against windies.

 

Now he repeated that feat on what should have been an easy chase.

 

 

Edited by Temujin Khaghan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bowl_out said:

yup.. the blame lies on the owners for picking such a piss poor middle order... 

splurging 24 crore on Stokes and Unadcutter

True but... Rahane slowed down unecessarily after the 10th over when they were 84/1 appx..

 

This put a lot of pressure on Samson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rahane opening did his job in PP, but got selfish, didn’t sacrifice his wicket, ended slowing down and then gets out consuming 41 balls

 

its sad really.

Sad to see in such a big game, big hitters Gowtham and Archer hardly get to face any balls 

 

anyways it’s probably curtains for Rahane’s IPL career, or at least he is unlikely to be regular XI from next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

True but... Rahane slowed down unecessarily after the 10th over when they were 84/1 appx..

 

This put a lot of pressure on Samson.

I didn't watch the match, just followed scores.. I'll take your word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

He still thinks it's quite possible to win t20 matches with run a ball half centuries built on singles and doubles...

 

He hit a below par knock on that day and robbed us by atleast another 20 runs on that patta against windies.

 

Now he repeated that feat on what should have been an easy chase.

 

 

That WC semi-final was heart wrenching, he seemed oblivious the need to accelerate when India had so many batsmen to come in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Rahane sucks. 

 

Pathetic joke of a batsman. 

 

Hated him when he played for RPS. 

 

Its not Rahane who has learnt nothing, its our bootlicking incompetent selectors who didn't. 

 

Glad IPL exposed those scam artists. 

should only play tests imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes, he scores at 110 sr and expects team to score at 200 sr.

each one has their strengths.. he has probably never scored at 200 sr any time in his life..

I'd rather have him score 45 off 40 and lay the platform for others to score at 200, than him trying to hit out and get 16 off 8. 

 

60 off 30 with 8 wickets in hand was gettable is my point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes, he scores at 110 sr and expects team to score at 200 sr.

THIS!! 

 

So this bugger gets to play in Power play overs, plays at strike rate of 110, then leaves the dirty job of scoring 60 of 30 for rest of squad.

 

People who are suggesting that scoring 60 of 30 with even 8 wickets is easy. That is totally incorrect. Specially on pitches like Eden, Hydrabad  with an old ball and big grounds..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

each one has their strengths.. he has probably never scored at 200 sr any time in his life..

I'd rather have him score 45 off 40 and lay the platform for others to score at 200, than him trying to hit out and get 16 off 8. 

 

60 off 30 with 8 wickets in hand was gettable is my point

seriously??? so you expect rest of team to score 155 of 80 balls outside the PP overs while let this bugger ease it out for 40 ball 45.. buddy they are not playing test match on swinging pitches of RSA and England where they have to play out the new ball... 

 

isko koi nayi soch ka award do yaar

Edited by rahulrulezz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

seriously??? so you expect rest of team to score 155 of 80 balls outside the PP overs while let this bugger ease it out for 40 ball 45.. buddy they are not playing test match on swinging pitches of RSA and England where they have to play out the new ball... 

 

isko koi nayi soch ka award do yaar

before shouting your butt out,

I pointed that Rahane shouldn't even be opening and wasting powerplay..  ideally he shouldn't even be playing t20, but he's captain.. so no point debating that...

he is not somebody who can give you a 200 SR... so no point playing him and then cribbing that he can't score quickly.. that's a known fact... the only meaningful thing he can do is anchor..  and he's better off not wasting the power play for that

 

 

Edited by bowl_out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sensible-indian said:

Rahane sucks. 

 

Pathetic joke of a batsman. 

 

Hated him when he played for RPS. 

 

Its not Rahane who has learnt nothing, its our bootlicking incompetent selectors who didn't. 

 

Glad IPL exposed those scam artists. 

How dare you insult our "dangerous floater" like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indian team management walleh kitne bade chewtiye hai, jawab nahi. 2016 WT20 Wankhede SF mein Rahane ko opening karne bhej diya aur SA live test rubbers mein baitha diya bechare ko. HTF is this level of mental clumsiness/stupidity even allowed in national setup? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bowl_out said:

each one has their strengths.. he has probably never scored at 200 sr any time in his life..

I'd rather have him score 45 off 40 and lay the platform for others to score at 200, than him trying to hit out and get 16 off 8. 

 

60 off 30 with 8 wickets in hand was gettable is my point

Gettable but not walk in the park if bowler bowls well. 45 of 40 thing doesn't work in t20 cricket and you will lose most times. You can't expect new batsmen to just come and start blasting bowlers, especially on a slowish track like yesterday. Very few batsman can do that. You always need a set batsman to be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rahane's problem is not lack of intent. It is lack of ability to force the pace outside powerplay.  He is not wristy like  typical Indians to place the ball in the gaps.  He is good when he reacts rather than manufacturing shots.  This is a limitation. So i won't blame him if he keeps getting selected. It is his inherent limitation. Even players with higher strike rates cannot force pace. Remember Amla struggling in the end overs against Pakistan.                              

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23584884/talking-points-was-ajinkya-rahane-thinking

Quote

 

Rahane batted until the 15th over, steering the chase in a crucial knockout game. A captain leading from the front?

 

Not quite. He had a strike rate of 112.19 and actually cost Rajasthan Royals seven runs in the context of the match, according to ESPNcricinfo's Smart Stats, our new metrics to understand T20 cricket. Rahane was only the second wicket to fall in the chase but Royals were in a deep hole they had dug for themselves.

 

In all, Rahane cost his side 51 runs through the tournament, the most among all batsmen going into the last two games. In the IPL, a team that loses only four wickets in a chase wins about 94% of the time. Rajasthan Royals were not one of those teams on Wednesday.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

But apart from ICF, no one was bothered about his innings in 2016 WC semi. He simply thinks he is playing good innings by holding one end together. Delusional like Pujara who thinks he has the game for ODIs.

In T20s, there is nothing like holding the innings together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should retire from T20 and ODI formats. No team can benefit by having a weakling who lacks the ability to force the pace. On his way out, he should take the other weakling Unadcut with him and head to a barber shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Gettable but not walk in the park if bowler bowls well. 45 of 40 thing doesn't work in t20 cricket and you will lose most times. You can't expect new batsmen to just come and start blasting bowlers, especially on a slowish track like yesterday. Very few batsman can do that. You always need a set batsman to be there.

Agree... he wasted the power play..  should have persisted with Archer hoping he'll play a Sunil Narine like innings at the top

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rahane played a matchwiining innings for KKR lol. But seriously, he knew batting was weak and kept one end going. Can't blame him for this knock. I believe they needed 65 off 40 or some like that and that is quite achievable. They just lost samson and never recovered from that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Agree... he wasted the power play..  should have persisted with Archer hoping he'll play a Sunil Narine like innings at the top

actually PP was not that bad yesterday and they were on course till 10th over as Samson was scoring quickly but he slowed down after PP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

listen to smriti mandanas intrview with gaurav kapoor..

 

she played u16 when she was 12/13 .. she was doing well vs pace but strugggled vs spin because she was not having enough power 

 

rahane is also bit similar , when there is pace he milk the bowling , if there is no pace he struggles ..

i think he is 60kgs with a bmi of 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, velu said:

listen to smriti mandanas intrview with gaurav kapoor..

 

she played u16 when she was 12/13 .. she was doing well vs pace but strugggled vs spin because she was not having enough power 

 

rahane is also bit similar , when there is pace he milk the bowling , if there is no pace he struggles ..

i think he is 60kgs with a bmi of 16

Yo he is black belt karate champion..

(In a school where he is the only student, but that's a different matter :p)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×