D Chahar- quick rise to first team

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Coz for u lack of knowldege that has become a the way to national selection

M not talking about criticizing about pandey selection , m asking why dnt u say or use words like  SRH quota  or in case of Rohit MI quota.....

N one thing u forgot to add with sid kaul is variation n control which is what this team mngmt is looking at and that what even chahar is offering . 

Sid Kaul is fiercely competitive and also gets bite off the wicket. Something that doesn't always show up on the speed camera. I would use words like SRH/MI quota if it existed. Bottom line is not the region but the damage done to Indian cricket. 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

bhuvi didnt become that over night , it takes time to develop skill. Even sid kaul did so its not impossible 

He has improved his pace remarkably so he can improve it to . In t20 he can get away with it as bhuvi also was doing well ever since he started playing t20 when his death skills werent great . 

And Indian team is not a launchpad to build a career for someone who has lot of catch up to do. Already Ishant, Jadeja are examples of mediocrity with very less returns in hope of one day they will be world class. Why chahar ? Why not others who were ahead of him before IPL? What makes him different or so special?

34 minutes ago, Pollack said:

And Indian team is not a launchpad to build a career for someone who has lot of catch up to do. Already Ishant, Jadeja are examples of mediocrity with very less returns in hope of one day they will be world class. Why chahar ? Why not others who were ahead of him before IPL? What makes him different or so special?

Please read the article about a bowler in Prabhakar's mould.

The scorecard of this match says it all as what makes him different/special.

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

He is the replacement of Bhuvi as a swing bowler.Who else do you think did good IPL better than him as a swing bowler?

Pollock has a beef with Chahar  only because he represented CSK lol Come on this is not IPL. He earned his place and already justified his selection with India A team picking up a fifer against leicestershire. Just look through old threads. Chahar, Gurbani both these guys made their presence felt even before IPL

Edited by vvvslaxman
5 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

first you need to understand the points before giving boisterous response. 

Mohit is an example of a CSK player fast tracked to first team. Srini Mama/MSD were alive 5 years ago weren't they?

Well if you don't have a first class record comparable to your peers I'm not sure what you're doing in India team. Express pace was mentioned as its a unique quality worth investing in  which may mitigate poor first class performance. As may a seeming allrounder i.e. worth a gamble. Apart from Chuskis, rest of India seems to consider these as facts. 

Its actually comparible/harder to perform as a seamer in domestics on dead Indian tracks against good batsmen as opposed to bowler friendly overseas tracks. 

btw, what did Chahar do to justify his A tour selection?

Mohit sharma got his chance because he was second top Wicket taker in Ranji that season.

20 minutes ago, Number said:

There doesn't seem to be any variety in the attack with similar types of bowlers. Shardul Chahar are new ball bowlers who bowl length balls all the time and play for CSK.

Whats wrong in length bowling? Everyone bowls length and length bowling gets you Wickets.

Just now, Number said:

Nothing just that all bowlers of same type is not a good idea. Shardul Chahar are very similar types of bowlers. 

Keeping both of them in the mix is not a great idea imo.

That I agree. But Chahar isnt picked for ODIs. He was only here for T20s. Shardul will replace him. Though I wanted a taller bowler. Rajpoot did well in IPL as well. Should have been picked.

They always have a set of players intact.they keep coming back to them if one of them fails . People still might remember Mohit Sharma he kept coming back to the fore as if others dont exist,Chahar has done well with the A team,who denies that?Does he bring anything different which is not available to the team?No,he is just a swing bowler like Bhuvi,he has same kind of velocity which Bhuvi has.The Indian pace attack has a sameness ,which every explosive line up would exploit,cant fathom the fact ,why havent they realise this..they keep on periodically moving between some particular group(of players)without testing the bench, sometimes you have to look beyond  the pecking order 

Edited by Suhaan
3 minutes ago, Lannister said:

We have to put up with one more CSK trundler after Mo$hit Sharma. I wonder what were his credentials in order to get selected for A tours? If IPL is the sole factor then why didn't Rishabh Pant was selected for this Eng tour. A player need to have strong domestic performance. 

Pity that,Rishabh Pant,Rajpoot,all have burned their asses to just have nazre-E-inayat of the selectors but they are left disappointed,forget about a longer rope given to them,they wont get  one or two games even if they are selected,the current regime has everything evil about them

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

That I agree. But Chahar isnt picked for ODIs. He was only here for T20s. Shardul will replace him. Though I wanted a taller bowler. Rajpoot did well in IPL as well. Should have been picked.

We are lacking a hit the deck bowler. 

Rajpoot is tall and doing well in A tour game as well. But he does not get much bounce off the track I think. Relies more on swing/seam.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pollock has a beef with Chahar  only because he represented CSK lol Come on this is not IPL. He earned his place and already justified his selection with India A team picking up a fifer against leicestershire. Just look through old threads. Chahar, Gurbani both these guys made their presence felt even before IPL

No. It is CSK fans who just don't seem to come out of IPL. I haven't seen a single CSK here who does not justify ott Raina, Rayudu or now Chahar selection.There are already few examples here. But let's not derail the thread.The reason I don't approve chahar is already mentioned above. Why did he jump ahead of others like Rajput and others who were in selector's radar for sometime.