Looks like our only consolation in our overseas tours will be Kohli's century !!!

velu

Yes, we were pathetic in non-subcon conditions so only consolations were individual performances 

My most extensively followed overseas tour is probably 1992 tour of Aus and the WC. Enjoyed Kapil bowling performance in tests, Shastri scored a double at Sydney, Tendulkar was brilliant with the bat, Azhar hit a quick 100 too iirc .... Manjrekar did not live up to the hype (currently we have Rahul so let's see how he does)

WC was not that great for us. A game was washed out where we lost points. Lost a close game to Aus (Manjrekar did well in that) .... however beat Pak to start the winning streak .... Kapil was explosive with bat too scoring some 160 runs in 130 balls overall 

Just now, zen said:

My most extensively followed overseas tour is probably 1992 tour of Aus and the WC. Enjoyed Kapil bowling performance in tests, Shastri scored a double at Sydney, Tendulkar was brilliant with the bat, Azhar hit a quick 100 too iirc .... Manjrekar did not live up to the hype (currently we have Rahul so let's see how he does)

i thought you are 80s or early 90s kid ;-) 

5 minutes ago, velu said:

i thought you are 80s or early 90s kid ;-) 

that was probably my most followed overseas (non subcon) tour .... followed the 90s team the most :(( .... which had some great players but performances were dull outside subcon .... though in India we were a different team 

Edited by zen

Dropped thrice and was out once as well when Eng having no reviews.

Stokes to Kohli, no run, big appeal for caught behind as Kohli doesn't get bat on this hook. There was a sound on this as it flew past his front shoulder. England have no reviews left. Kohli has a big grin. Did he touch that?

But, who is complaining! This 100 is worth in gold! Well done. 

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Dropped thrice and was out once as well when Eng having no reviews.

Stokes to Kohli, no run, big appeal for caught behind as Kohli doesn't get bat on this hook. There was a sound on this as it flew past his front shoulder. England have no reviews left. Kohli has a big grin. Did he touch that?

But, who is complaining! This 100 is worth in gold! Well done. 

drops are part of the game.  Sehwag had half a dozen drops in his 300 at multan,

Big monkey off Kohli's back.   

An outstanding innings of 149 ...  considering the ball was swinging a lot for half this period and the next highest score was 26.  It was commendable the way he shielded the tail and assumed responsibility.

He will carry a lot of positive energy in the series from this knock.

Edited by express bowling